PDA

View Full Version : EK Type R Spoiler

JDMCVC
04-09-2005, 07:50 PM
I want to buy a type r spoiler for my hatchie i was just wondering how it would mount, on top of the existing one, or is it just the spoiler that mounts into the existing holes of the hatch.

Thanks for any help

gelo
04-09-2005, 08:04 PM
from what i know, the tyep R spoiler is like a 2 piece wing
the actual wing itself which you see and another 'wing' wich looks similar to the stock spoiler on our civics

so you just mount the 'wing' to where we mount our spoiler is

EK9
05-09-2005, 04:40 PM
yeah... u remove the stock wing, then the ctr wing has a black plastic base and the wing section which mounts to the stock location. plenty of ppl have done it on this forum, just ask...

02ZZI
05-09-2005, 05:08 PM
this is my next mod aswell cant wait. Is it a easy job or should i get someone else to do it?

alphabeatsco
05-09-2005, 05:13 PM
any dumb ass would be able to do it, as long as u have it painted.

Zdster
05-09-2005, 06:00 PM
Yep, a pretty easy install. Remove some interior trim and unscrew four screws - unplug the brake light and water tube and its done.

alvinek4
06-09-2005, 11:35 AM
Hi,im new here...I've just bought the CTR wing as well, but I have another problem when i tried to install it. The oem ctr wing doesn't have the rear windshield washer and rear brake light. so where can i place the original washer tube and the wires of the brake light?? cut it????

Perry
06-09-2005, 12:24 PM
OEm ones dont have the brake like wat u mean by windshield washer

EK9
06-09-2005, 01:10 PM
he means the washer jet that squirts water for the rear wiper...

and i got no idea :confused: never even thought of this, lol

Perry
07-09-2005, 09:17 AM
he means the washer jet that squirts water for the rear wiper...

and i got no idea :confused: never even thought of this, lol

i thnk that whole section has to b remove in order for the ctr spoiler to b added plz sum1 confrim?

Zdster
07-09-2005, 10:07 AM
You dont need to remove it. I just plugged mine up.

I have seen one install where a hole was drilled and the washer hose was placed through somehow - but there was no information on how it was done or secured in place.

EG5
07-09-2005, 10:18 AM
old rear wing needs to be removed to be able to fit ek9 rear wing.
bolt on to the existing holes on the hatch. so this is not an add on to the plastic bits.

alvinek4
07-09-2005, 10:59 AM
i tried to remove the old wing, but there's a tube connects between the rear washer jet on the old wing and the car. that's why i couldnt totalli remove it. anybody can help?

EG5
08-09-2005, 09:13 AM
just pull that tube off.

alvinek4
08-09-2005, 10:57 AM
wing installed!! thanks guys

Perry
08-09-2005, 11:54 AM
u got any pics or steps when u install it

Zdster
08-09-2005, 12:31 PM
Here is my step-by-step for you (note I take no responsibility if you mess it up and the rest of the ozhonda blurb about not being responsible).

1. First thing first: open the rear hatch. There is only one piece of interior trim that needs to be removed. It is the smaller piece that is at the top of the hatch lid closest to the spoiler. It is held in place by four (from memory) clips on the underside. Carefully pull the piece away from the boot, unclipping the clips as you go. Once you have the piece off you will be faced with the top of the bootlid.

2. NOTE: When attempting the next step it is wise to place a towel or something soft on the roof of the car and let it slide into the gap between the car roof and the boot spoiler (or get a kind friend to help you hold it in place). Take a socket and wrench (cant remember size - any else know) and you have to undo four bolts/nuts. They are the only four nuts visable that when logically looked at connect the spoiler to the boot. They can be a little tricky to take off (once they get to the final threads) as you will see once they are off it is actually a nut with a piece that moves independently. As such take your time and patience removing the nuts (you will need them latter to install the new spoiler).

3. Now that all of the nuts are removed, the old spoiler is simply sitting there held in place by the screws. Now we must remove the spoiler. The way that I did it was to close the boot - but dont lock it (means you can lift it up without having to get your keys). With the boot proped closed, Slowly lift the spoiler up and away from the car. This is where the towel mentioned above comes in handy. As you lift the spoiler away be careful not to just pull it straight off. There are two connections that you first need to remove. Having your hand friend hold the spoiler (or having it resting on the towel - if the cords are long enough) disconnect the wires running to the brake light (simply unclips). You will also need a philips head screw driver to pull away the tube and nozzel that contains water that works your rear wiper. Once both of these are removed the old spoiler can be taken away from the car.

4. Time to install your nice new ctr spoiler. Hopefully is you purchased this spoiler from a good dealer you will have not only the top part of the spoiler (which is colour coded) but also a mounting piece - lower part of the spoiler (which is black). The two should be already connected (if they are not just screw them together I guess). Four bolts should be visible coming from the lower part of the spoiler (the black bit). These four screws correspond with the four holes the old spoiler sat in. Now you need to make a decision - what do you want to do with the brake lights cable and water washer tuber/nozzle?Once you have made that decision the new spoiler can go on.

5. Simply place the spoiler carefully over the spot where the old spoiler sat. Lower it into place and put the four screws into the four seperate holes (you cant really but it in back to front as the holes determine where the spoiler has to sit). Carefully open up the hatch (might be wise to have someone hold the spoiler as you do this) and reinstall the four nuts that you had left over from the old spoiler. Tighten down the nuts and make sure that the spoiler is firmly in place. Replace the piece of trim that you removed, close the hatch and admire your new spoiler.

08-09-2005, 12:44 PM
very nice writeup!

Zdster
08-09-2005, 12:58 PM

Perry
08-09-2005, 01:23 PM
cheers mate