PDA

View Full Version : looking to buy ED

n/a
05-09-2005, 12:52 AM
hey guys,

i'm in need of a A to B car for around 6months and have a budget of $2k.
can i pick up a ED for that price that would last me? btw, has to be manual. would it be worth it?

thanks.

heist
05-09-2005, 08:43 AM
i used to drive an ED....good cars, will go forever, just change the oil....

n/a
05-09-2005, 08:32 PM
mm.. they are carbies yes?

VTi_b0i
05-09-2005, 08:36 PM
yep... dual carby... aint exactly the most fuel efficient cars, but i love the shape :)
wish i didnt give mine away :'(

Lukezen27
05-09-2005, 09:19 PM
yep... dual carby... aint exactly the most fuel efficient cars, but i love the shape :)
wish i didnt give mine away :'(

Yeah they are quite fuel efficient IMO :D

I did Sydney to Gold Cost on $120 bucks in my old ED :p

VTi_b0i
05-09-2005, 09:23 PM
lol maybe cause mine was auto lol but it used more petty then my current 94 vti... lol it felt like i was always filling it up :P i loved it but hehe...

Lukezen27
05-09-2005, 09:25 PM
lol maybe cause mine was auto lol but it used more petty then my current 94 vti... lol it felt like i was always filling it up :P i loved it but hehe...

lol we upgraded to the same car :D

Go Honda Go :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

VTi_b0i
05-09-2005, 09:31 PM
lol we upgraded to the same car :D

Go Honda Go :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

hehe yehh sweet :D alot of pplz on this forum have done the same thing :)
i originally wanted an EG hatch for my first car but couldnt afford an EG so i bought an ED... then for my next car i bought a EG/EH sedan... :D love it to bits :P

But on the topic, yeh EDs are brilliant little runaround cars, but ud be very very lucky to find one for 2grand thats running and will continue to keep running... u need at least 3gz...

Lukezen27
05-09-2005, 09:34 PM
hehe yehh sweet :D alot of pplz on this forum have done the same thing :)
i originally wanted an EG hatch for my first car but couldnt afford an EG so i bought an ED... then for my next car i bought a EG/EH sedan... :D love it to bits :P

But on the topic, yeh EDs are brilliant little runaround cars, but ud be very very lucky to find one for 2grand thats running and will continue to keep running... u need at least 3gz...

LMAO EG VTec was my dream car but never had the cash :rolleyes:

Got it now and let the modding start :p

I think I would still be drive'n round it my ED had it not get stolen :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:

VTi_b0i
05-09-2005, 09:42 PM
LOL aww dam... how much was ur extractors and the second half of the intake pipe? n how loud is the pod? roflz i want both of them hehe... does it go heaps ahrder now?

Disco-d
05-09-2005, 10:15 PM
Hey n/a i have an ED Civic now....its great! fill up on $40 used to be $30-$35...BLODDY PETROL!! lasts a good week or so depends where u drive and how hard u drive....;)

The parts are fairly cheap,cause its an old car but u could always go to a wrekers and get spare parts....

as u said u wanna get from A to B...its a great car for that.

2k....prob might have High K's on it...but they live long! thats for sure!

Good luck with the find!

n/a
05-09-2005, 11:03 PM
thanks Disco-d, the kms are not a worry, as long as the car is reliable.

the heart of the ED will get replaced, but that's down the track, for now i need a A to B car.. fingers crossed for a cheap cheap ED.