PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Honda Civic Coupe

Alpine
05-09-2005, 08:19 PM
Doubt we will get it in Australia though.

What do you think of it? Looks so different to my 1999 EJ8 Coupe.

http://www.autoweek.com/files/specials/galleries/civics/images/01.jpg

http://www.autoweek.com/files/specials/galleries/civics/images/05.jpg
http://www.autoweek.com/files/specials/galleries/civics/images/06.jpg

http://www.autoweek.com/files/specials/galleries/civics/images/09.jpg
http://www.autoweek.com/files/specials/galleries/civics/images/10.jpg

http://www.autoweek.com/files/specials/galleries/civics/images/12.jpg

http://www.autoweek.com/files/specials/galleries/civics/images/17.jpg
http://www.autoweek.com/files/specials/galleries/civics/images/19.jpg

Wynode EDIT: Took out excessive pics

saboteur
05-09-2005, 08:27 PM
That's gross, I love the old shape so much better. I bet once it has been out for a little while it will really grow on me though.

kenshin
05-09-2005, 08:30 PM
i like the preproduction shots...

black/silver one with darken headlights... u guys know the one i'm talkin about!

BSRacer
05-09-2005, 09:08 PM
I like it, it's a bit dc4 teg tho

midori
06-09-2005, 03:01 AM
yeah its nice, but the shape resembles the new celica, which i thought was nice at first..now i thinks its a POS.. i guess thats the trend so i'll leave it alone.. its new gen
*thumbs up
interior is sick!!!!

**Ghost**
06-09-2005, 03:21 AM
its HOT! but its already been confirmed we'll only be getting the sedan in australia...at least at first neawy

STTICH
06-09-2005, 03:44 AM
ooOo ~ looks good. the white's nice ! ...or mayb i just love white..hehe :thumbsup:

91OOM
06-09-2005, 06:12 AM
It'll look really tight lowered, rims, etc :)

Remember looks change a lot once a cars been worked on from factory :P

ekslut
06-09-2005, 08:39 AM
its HOT! but its already been confirmed we'll only be getting the sedan in australia...at least at first neawy

Are you serious? Damn, I like the coupe. Why does Honda Australia always give us the crap ones.

oh well, moving to news anyways...

fly_vti
06-09-2005, 09:08 AM
wtf, hondas new cars all look wierd. 2005 onwards

Chris_F
06-09-2005, 10:56 AM
I think this car has potential to look great.

gotta give honda the credit for going with a bit more "out there" styling for the civic - i know in the UK the have the reputation of the granny car brand (as the always say on topgear)

quangsta
06-09-2005, 10:57 AM
gotta give it time to grow on u and once someone dumps on some nice jdm rims....i reckonz everyones gonna love it...buh em1's(or waheva ek coupe vtir is called) still own...

GenV
06-09-2005, 12:47 PM
Interior looks mad!! Dunno about the front tho....

26ounce
06-09-2005, 01:44 PM
Thumbs up from me. I think Honda have really redeemed the civic after the last uninspiring model. This one looks good and will be a decent performer too.

Hopefully the coupe find it’s way down here at some stage.
:thumbsup:

VT3C
06-09-2005, 02:21 PM
Australia WILL get the Coupe..

but for MY2006 we'll only get it with the 1.8L SOHC i-VTEC.

EK9
06-09-2005, 02:59 PM
hmm, don't mind it actually... u can kinda c where Honda are heading with their new designs... i guess we're gonna c alot more "slick" headlights like this and the oddessy

^^v
06-09-2005, 03:33 PM

source?

UNLS1
06-09-2005, 07:21 PM

please would love to know who told that.......i was told by the souther states sales manager we are not getting it, just sedan and hatch......but wat would we know we only work for honda lol

so pls who told u this?

**Ghost**
06-09-2005, 07:45 PM
please would love to know who told that.......i was told by the souther states sales manager we are not getting it, just sedan and hatch......but wat would we know we only work for honda lol

so pls who told u this?

ditto... but i heard it from a sales rep not a sales manager

wot hatch are we getting? i knwo its nto the "UK" hatch we been seeing in fotos for sure tho :confused: and i havent seen another type of hatch?

^^v
06-09-2005, 08:59 PM
.......i was told by the souther states sales manager we are not getting it, just sedan and hatch......but wat would we know we only work for honda lol

any idea when the release date will be?

**Ghost**
06-09-2005, 09:02 PM
early next year

nickiipoohz
07-09-2005, 12:06 AM
man i like it. very much. stupid australia and their stupid bloody tightass mofos. Its so gay how we miss out on all the good stuff. Like the two door versions of the 2001-2005 civic hatch and the DOHC i-vtec version grrrrr

UNLS1
07-09-2005, 11:08 AM
i was told we are getting it after the motor show.....but who knows, we were getting the legend in nov this year but coz it sold so well not till 31st jan 06.

**Ghost**
07-09-2005, 12:23 PM
so if not the euro hatch (according to the press release), which hatch are we getting? yet unseen version?

Mr Sparkle
07-09-2005, 05:23 PM
any idea on how much it will cost?

Interior is very nice.

[ slayer ]
07-09-2005, 05:52 PM
meh. will probable grow on me a bit, but not a huge fan of the slick round front, or the spoiler, or steering wheel, or guage cluster lol... rest is ok though IMO

kuso
07-09-2005, 06:21 PM
It resembles our accord. The non-euro one. The back that is. I don't really like it... but the front is ok since it looks like a mini odessy

xtercii
07-09-2005, 08:22 PM
not the best looking car...for some reason honda stopped making good looking civics, don't know what they are thinking...

**Ghost**
07-09-2005, 09:50 PM
they stopped because jazz became the new small car, repacling the civic in the small car market

Terry
07-09-2005, 11:33 PM
i dont like the rear.......looking forward for their facelift version:D

badsector
08-09-2005, 08:22 AM
I think it's great! Definitely a big improvement on the current model. Good to see Honda has been working on a bit of styling again since the EK's. I like the grill in the gun metal grey shot, it's not colour coded so gives it a more sporty race-type look.

I think it would look better in person, ashame we may never get to see it though...

irooni
08-09-2005, 11:36 AM
Front and interior are nice..rear looks a bit weird...doesnt match the front.

dzysheep
08-09-2005, 02:07 PM
looks nice, will deinitely consider it as my next upgrade!

fasthonda
08-09-2005, 08:58 PM
The shape of the coupe is OK ,but I can't help feeling it(and the sedan) looks like a smaller version of the current Odyssey from the front.
There a few mix feelings about the shape however,we have to understand that it was styled mainly for the American market,as long as it sells well in the US ,Honda will be very happy.
The Australian market has to get want it can,Honda will not style a car based on Australian tastes,we're too small a market.
Personally,I have found some of the US styled cars have been quite tasteful some,have been SHIT !
Well ,we did get the Vti-R coupe here,and I believe we will get the hatch,but Honda (Australia) to a certain degree, has treated enthusiasts with contempt.The current range of Hondas has been disgraceful ,to say the least.

ARE YOU LISTENING HONDA AUSTRALIA :mad:

Vivski
09-09-2005, 12:57 AM
Looks a lot like a 307, but hey, everything looks like everything else these days.

I really dont like the way all new cars have really long windscreens. So the top of the windscreen basically ends directly above the driver's head. Lets a lot of light in, but so does a sun roof. You get a lot of glare with this type of windscreen, reflection of the dash in the windscreen and you have such a LONG dashboard. Just doesn't do it for me.

Aifa
09-09-2005, 06:47 PM
Ive been going crazy over this new 8th Gen civic for a while now. It makes me wanna just throw away my 04 Civic Vi....

Its mainly the interior that has won me over, the exterior is nice from the side, but i have doubts about the shape of the boot and back bumper.

ludemobile
10-09-2005, 03:34 AM
I dunno I can't get used to that kind of look. It doesn't look like a civic at all to me. It looks like that new peugeout convertible that you see all the rich bitc#es drive.

iijjee
10-09-2005, 08:39 PM
at least that fake-glass, concept car grille has made way for a cleaner, leaner idea...

for me, looks come fourth after engine, dynamics, then packaging... like most "drivers" who fell in love with hondas in the late '80's early '90's...

are you listening Honda Australia?

iijjee

bagaichiban
11-09-2005, 06:45 PM
i think it looks a bit like a Renault car.....Megane Coupe.....
Don't hit me if u guys don't think so~hehhe:D

http://www.renault.com.au/renault/world/images/megane-cc-800.jpg
http://www.renault.com.au/renault/world/images/megane-cc-2-800.jpg

mojo the flashy monkey
11-09-2005, 07:26 PM
lol i recon it looks like a flatter oddesy :P

02ZZI
11-09-2005, 11:24 PM
what kind of engine is in the new coupe and does anyone one know when it will come to us. I have to say i like the look of it with a bit of shaving nice wheels it will look very nice

Aifa
12-09-2005, 02:54 AM
lol i recon it looks like a flatter oddesy :P
Nice way of putting it there ;)

joshen
12-09-2005, 01:52 PM
looks like poor packaging to me?? cabfoward design with quick sinking rear roofline.... how cramped will it be in the rear seat?? other then that... looks slick and the interior is the bomb.

PNR888
12-09-2005, 02:12 PM
The front bumper air dam has Ferrari F360's design :D

02ZZI
12-09-2005, 07:49 PM
does anyone know when we can expect specs of the car what sort of engine (in the si) and its weight and stuff. If looks the shiz in preformance and handling i might buy one instead of doing engine conversion

blubber
13-09-2005, 09:19 PM
pfft... at least the interior looks mad

yamster
15-09-2005, 11:39 AM
Carpoint recently posted a story about the new honda civic.

The specs on the sedan as quoted:
1.8-litre i-VTEC
105kW and 173Nm
Transmission choices manual and auto - both five-speeders.
This is not much different from my brotheres 05 Corolla! So much for the next generation Vtec doing wonders. :(

They did mention a 3 door coupe later in the year. But what is later? June 2006? It better be similar specs to the Si.. or else i'll buy a mazda3 mps. :p

DOSHBTEK
15-09-2005, 12:27 PM
Honda got it so right with the EG and EK series and post that they've just totally ruined the Civic line. Someone needs to beat some sense and style into their brains. They could've at least given the civic a sportier shape and not make it look like a retarded tadpole with no tail. That said... the interior is really hot!!

DKS51R
15-09-2005, 04:31 PM
Honda got it so right with the EG and EK series and post that they've just totally ruined the Civic line. Someone needs to beat some sense and style into their brains. They could've at least given the civic a sportier shape and not make it look like a retarded tadpole with no tail. That said... the interior is really hot!!

typicalmale
17-09-2005, 01:20 PM
to me it looks like a camry from the rear shot. (the pic of the white) LOL
i love the seats though :P

TKO
18-09-2005, 02:32 AM

I agree, the new Civic is totally in a bad shape. The front section is not long and high enough in my view. It just lost the Race-Car feel to the gene!

And i read the new paper on friday, than Honda Aust. will not import the hatch & the 2doors coupe into Aust. Well to me, Civic without a hatch is not a Civic. Please Honda Aust., change the name to Shivic or something similar!

[ slayer ]
18-09-2005, 08:51 PM
yep. bad move not even having a hatch... if not mistaken, then this is the first time we havent had the hatch civic in australia...

i second the motion to rename, maybe shitbrik lol... will be interesting to see the kits for this to see what companies can come up with to kinda make the car more aggressive, although no point without a hatch to play with IMO

replaced
19-09-2005, 10:25 PM
Yeh atm the new shape with nearly most car manufacturers are going all roundish or bubble-ish which IMO look a bit too chunky for my liking. It took me a while to get used to the dc5 when it came out, now its the civics turn :( It's going to be dissapointing how no new hatches will make it, maybe they'll bring some in later on *fingers crossed* and hopefully it doesn't look as fked up. Oh yeh forgot to mention, the interior looks funky! :)

TKO
19-09-2005, 11:41 PM
i thgink the interior is nice, but the dash look abit like The Need for Speed: Underground. Abit cartoonish. I prefer the EK typeR one....ture racer no b*llshit.