PDA

View Full Version : fittin my cf bonnet and sussy this week. how & wher?

rocky_b
06-09-2005, 12:02 AM
ok guys. i'll be fittin my NEW:thumbsup: Carbon Fibre Bonnet this week or weekend.
any precautions or procedures i should take?
heatshielding on the bonnet.. or extra protection or something...
any advice prior to fitting and during fitting would be excellent!:D
cfbonnet by->>>thanks to jdm concept(leo):thumbsup:

also gettin new sussy-coilovers this week(provided by jdm concept aswell :thumbsup: ). will need to get these babies fitted and height adjusted. any places to get this done? good price&service. any wher ppls??

now all i need is rims.. LoL...

thanks fellow OH'ers!:D

rocky_b

rocky_b
06-09-2005, 10:34 AM
help.......pls....

bennjamin
06-09-2005, 11:31 AM
i can install both for u - its not soo hard - just time consuming :)

with the coilovers , u have to get both sides the exact height - using DIY string etc :)

pm me if u need a hand mate.

otherwise - pay a workshop to do it for you ($$$$)

[[d a n n y]]
06-09-2005, 11:48 AM
i can install both for u - its not soo hard - just time consuming :)

with the coilovers , u have to get both sides the exact height - using DIY string etc :)

pm me if u need a hand mate.

otherwise - pay a workshop to do it for you ($$$$)

yes and ben will only charge $ for it :D

rocky_b
06-09-2005, 11:50 AM
aw ben.. daym.. and i wanted ur black enkei rims too.. :(

i'll holla if i havnt got anything organised by the weekend man :thumbsup:

how about cf hoodies ppls? any TLC tips?

smoknhothonda
06-09-2005, 11:56 AM
I have heard of a few ppl getting an extra couple of layers of clear coat applied to their bonnets to avoid the 'yellowing' affect from UV rays.

Always try and keep it polished (this will help prevent yellowing) with a good quality carnuba wax.

I have also heard of a few horror stories of the bonnet flying up driving at elevated speeds, so a set of bonnet locks are a worthwhile investment if you attend the odd track day. My fave locks are the NRG CF locks.

Good luck with it mate, Im sure it will look sweet once you have it installed ;)

armak81
06-09-2005, 02:20 PM
bonnet usually requires 2 people to fit..
when you have screwed in the 4 bolts that attatch the bonnet, check to make sure your 2 front guards have enough clearance to close the bonnet.

rocky_b
06-09-2005, 02:33 PM
NRG CF Locks.. whoa.... what are those??:confused:
wher'd you get em too man.. im actually lookin for locks, for this cf hoodie of mine...
any1 else with recommended locks or methods of keeping this bonnet down..

I have heard of a few ppl getting an extra couple of layers of clear coat applied to their bonnets to avoid the 'yellowing' affect from UV rays.

Always try and keep it polished (this will help prevent yellowing) with a good quality carnuba wax.

I have also heard of a few horror stories of the bonnet flying up driving at elevated speeds, so a set of bonnet locks are a worthwhile investment if you attend the odd track day. My fave locks are the NRG CF locks.

Good luck with it mate, Im sure it will look sweet once you have it installed ;)

rocky_b
06-09-2005, 02:42 PM
i might get it done at GPC this weekend.. and go there like 8am

bennjamin
06-09-2005, 03:05 PM
NRG CF Locks.. whoa.... what are those??:confused:
wher'd you get em too man.. im actually lookin for locks, for this cf hoodie of mine...
any1 else with recommended locks or methods of keeping this bonnet down..

dosent the hood come with a stock latch ? Thats all it needs. Bonnet pins are there for aesthetics...

Chi
06-09-2005, 03:20 PM
I suggest u get bonnet pins.

LIghtness of bonnet can be unsuspecting @ high speeds.

EG5
06-09-2005, 03:29 PM
I ran more than 20 times down the 1/4 mile and my cf hood never fly away from my EG LOL.
i got bonnet pins now mainly for circuit racing use.

timmya2
06-09-2005, 04:53 PM
12.378 huh

wat engine u running?

iceman_vti
06-09-2005, 05:03 PM
12.378 huh

wat engine u running?

I ran more than 20 times down the 1/4 mile and my cf hood never fly away from my EG LOL.
i got bonnet pins now mainly for circuit racing use.

EGK20A 12.378sec @ 109.48mph

email me : yonas@jdmyard.com

YOU SERIOUS LA!?!?!?!?!?!??!

luzinit
06-09-2005, 05:03 PM
rocky mate, cf hood u and ur mate can do it at home. just need 2 ppl, and install it exactly like how u install stock. dont think u need bonnet pins, the latch should be enough, for street neways.

sussy, perhaps hanny's can install for u, about 150 bucks.

timmya2
06-09-2005, 05:06 PM
ok now im officially confused

kayot1k
06-09-2005, 05:09 PM
i dont think hanny's is that type of workshop.

apparently robert the guy that handles my car, pointed out to me that he has a dislike for modded cars.

rocky_b
06-09-2005, 05:13 PM
$150!!
hmm.. dats heaps cheap!!..
i'll think about it.. dpends on prices i get for the installation.
thanks TONY!

and with the bonnet flyin away.. i'd rather have a secure-ass bonnet that im sure wont fly away.. LoL

any special waxes or anything i should use for the CF bonnet? ++protection stuff??

rocky mate, cf hood u and ur mate can do it at home. just need 2 ppl, and install it exactly like how u install stock. dont think u need bonnet pins, the latch should be enough, for street neways.

sussy, perhaps hanny's can install for u, about 150 bucks.

smoknhothonda
06-09-2005, 05:27 PM
To check out the hood locks go to www.getnrg.com (http://www.getnrg.com) if you want to get a set I can give you some contact details from a guy in the USA who can ship them over to you in 7 days flat.

As far as I know you cant buy C/F polish as such a good quality carnuba wax (mothers/Meguiars) should do the trick.

If your still unsure give custom carbon a call up in QLD and see what they reccommend to polish your hood with.

turtleEK1
06-09-2005, 05:53 PM
12.378 huh

wat engine u running?

look closely at his signature-

EG K20A

luzinit
06-09-2005, 06:33 PM
i dont think hanny's is that type of workshop.

apparently robert the guy that handles my car, pointed out to me that he has a dislike for modded cars.

hehehe, yeh robert has seen my car go from bone stocker to modded. but they will gladly install suspension components etc... rocky im not sure how much exactly, should be less than 200 tho i think.

CONAN
07-09-2005, 01:18 AM
What coilovers did you buy?

Perry
07-09-2005, 09:10 AM
cusco from leo i think

rocky_b
08-09-2005, 05:20 PM
too right!!

ooo just had a look at those bonnet locks/pins. looks awesome.. but im scared about drillin/ makin holes in my bonnet..:o

cusco from leo i think

[[d a n n y]]
08-09-2005, 05:27 PM
bennys performance will be better :d

bennjamin
08-09-2005, 05:39 PM
lol...pm me if u still need help installing Rocky OR are just a tight ass ! I will install and corner match for a very cheap price :)