PDA

View Full Version : Where the F%$# is my fuel goin?

Flanderz
06-09-2005, 05:14 PM
Hey guys
been noticing it a bit ova the past week, but kinda just fobbed it off, now i'm really concerned. Got 145ks to a full tank of fuel and about 50ks for 20 bucks worth?? thats worse then my bosses LS8 International????? jacked up the car last night, couldn't find any fuel leaks, cant smell any fuel whatsoever under the car or in the engine bay, cleaned the air filer & topped up all the fluids. I do have a few problems i still need to get fixed so do ya think mabey its one of them? eg

Think I may have a blown head gasket or cracked head, cause my car will keep chewing through oil & water. & there is oil in the radiator.
Notcied a small water drip last night but not very constant dripping.
Oil on the sump etc, but not dripping (Normal I think)
Power stearing fluid drip
I consantly shift from 2nd into 4th cause my 3rd gear syncro is stuffed.

I did put on some new tyres (same rims) to get a roady done and they were heavier tyres, but it shouldn't be this bad???
Please any ideas, anything that i should look for?? HELP, HELP HELP

10KRPM
06-09-2005, 05:54 PM
Sounds like you are running very very rich mixtures. Have you checked the spark plugs? Thats a good indicator of how rich your fuel mixtues are.

As a comparision....i drive a toyota camry sportivo.....and i get 100km to 10bucks worth of fuel. Its auto as well.

Cr@ckerJ@ck
06-09-2005, 05:55 PM
Yeah take it to a mechanic and have it looked at?

keric_02
06-09-2005, 06:09 PM
sounds like your car has some serious issues. get it checked out.
also could someone be ciphering your fuel?

nexace
06-09-2005, 06:09 PM
Got 145ks to a full tank of fuel and about 50ks for 20 bucks worth??

This is the worst consumption rate I have heard of! :eek:

You can't be running that rich! And even if you had 4 all blacks players in the car, it should still be okay.

But sounds like some of the fuel component parts are faulty. Ask your mechanic to do a thorough inspection.

wkdteg
06-09-2005, 06:53 PM
take it 2 get checked out matt. 145 is a big diff compared to the 500 or so we should usually get. it might even b ur guage? did u fix the tacho?

Boy_Integra
06-09-2005, 07:00 PM
Yeah take it to a mechanic and have it looked at?
:thumbsup: ^^^^ :thumbsup:

FR33K
06-09-2005, 07:13 PM
when u fill up how many litres are you fitting in your tank

EK9
06-09-2005, 07:18 PM
i'm not kidding here... but do u fink sumone is "jacking" ya fuel??? was just watching aca/today tonight and they were talking about high petrol prices (fock $1.40/L in melb!) and showed a woman who got her petrol pumped outta her tank!

if this is stoopidly way off... got get it checked... sounds pretty serious.

THE_MASS
06-09-2005, 07:19 PM
you should get a mechanic to have have look at it cause it sounds like the gasket is gooonnee!!
oil and water dont mix!
so you should get it checked out. although that should be the problem as to why your getting low km's from a full tank....

Flanderz
06-09-2005, 07:23 PM
Rami I was thinkin that too. If my spedo is not working & bouncing around would that mean that the trip meter would not be working to? Filled up 40 liters on Sat night, did a few deliveries, said about 20ks worth, went to the city and back, gauge said 60ks after that, went to a mates house sunday night, prob about 10ks worth. Work mon morn is around the corner, did a few deliveries mon & today and got home today, fuel gauge almost in red and 148ks on the trip meter since filling up on Sat. Just doesn't seam right. Cant smell fuel leak anywhere. I would love to take it to a mechanic, but cause of my jobs its hard alot of the time. Guess I'm just gonna have to do it. But honestly the fuel gauge was on a little bit under half this morning, and dropped to almost empty by finishing work today.

Flanderz
06-09-2005, 07:29 PM
I don't think someone is jacking my fuel, car has been in the garage all night and the fuel gauage doesnt move in the morn..... I was reading somewhere that if I have a cracked head on the intake side near the fuel rails then I could be loosing abit through that........hmmmmm, guess I'm gonna have to take it off the road to get it fixed...... problem after problem after problem, some things never change. I'll let u guys know what it was when I find a soloution

wkdteg
06-09-2005, 09:47 PM
hmmm... usually the best way 2 check ur consumption is 2 fill up full tank, do 100km, then fill it 2 full again. that should give u a good indication. although this process would b costly these days (just filled up the laser 3/4 tank for $45 grrr). do that 1st, and keep an eye on the guage before and after. if its all F-ed up then take it 2 the mechanic. although i reckon u should get ur head gasket fixed up aswell. i drove the teg around 2day for a bit... and didnt loose any water, so dad took the car up 2 bacchus marsh 2nite n if its all good im takin it 2 uni in the mornin woohoo...