PDA

View Full Version : Best Mod for LS Owners

Flanderz
06-09-2005, 05:27 PM
got squeaks, rattles & bumps when driving? I have and I honestly thought it was worn suspension, springs etc, thats what it sounded like & I had taken it to many places to get it checked & nothing, all was good until a little piece of magic came into my life. What was it???? electrical tape. Try putting some around ur hatchback hook, and a bit of WD-40, drive away and no longer you will have a rattling car. It worked so well, I just cant belive it. My dad couldn't belive it either, suddenly the car was transformed into a quite car (minus the exhaust note)
Just thought Id share.

DaPlaya
06-09-2005, 05:47 PM
i dont understand...where do u stick the electrical tape and where do we spray the wd40?

Cr@ckerJ@ck
06-09-2005, 05:53 PM
Try putting some around ur hatchback hook, and a bit of WD-40

Whats not to understand?

Wrap the electrical tape around the Hook the latch closes on and then spray it with wd-40? Not really a long term fix though as the tape wears pretty quick if you open and close the boot a few times a week.

SKREMN
06-09-2005, 06:15 PM
you have to realign your latch in the boot three bolts under the plactic cover and then
adjust the rubber stoppers on the hatch
this will solve it long term
as well i got my struts regased with more pressure than standard this made it more stiff and even better

2NTICN
06-09-2005, 06:30 PM
you have to realign your latch in the boot three bolts under the plactic cover and then
adjust the rubber stoppers on the hatch
this will solve it long term
as well i got my struts regased with more pressure than standard this made it more stiff and even better

how much does that cost ????

dc2dc2dc2
06-09-2005, 09:57 PM
old news ! and u don't need wd40 just change the tape once it wears out.
RATTLE SOLVED !

SKREMN
06-09-2005, 10:40 PM
$70 for the regas
well worfit
doesnt hit my head unsuspectingly anymore

__arjay__
07-09-2005, 01:00 AM
funny watching re-posts of OLD g2ic posts on here.

like ive said before.. the website www.g2ic.com should be in the integra LS manual for wen u buy the car.. there is nothing u wont be able to find that is soo specific to our generation of car!

remove the spacer and that may help aswell.. just makes yur hatch a bitch to close.. may need to slam it down!

aznsiko
10-09-2005, 06:36 PM
$70 for the regas
well worfit
doesnt hit my head unsuspectingly anymore

hey dude.. where exactly can i get the regas done at??? and is that regassing stock struts??

SKREMN
11-09-2005, 01:13 AM
they regas your stock struts and/or exchange them with pre regasses stock ones
My ones got done whilst at Good Performance they organised it for me
so i wouldnt know who did it
but i'm shure it ouldnt be to hard to find

Redteg
12-09-2005, 08:05 PM
I had mine done a few years ago by a guy who advertised in the NRMA's Open Road magazine (towards the back). He comes to you and does it all, easy as!