PDA

View Full Version : Changing Bodykit on a 93 prelude

DHOCHKG
06-09-2005, 09:39 PM
hi all,

I just too poor and bored at home got a full body kit for the prelude...ask around for the price to fix in far too higher than my budget!
designed try to fix it up by myself..!
is it possible?
Can anyone kind of like intro me how to do and wat is the thing need to watch out for when i doin it...?

Thank a lot

armak81
07-09-2005, 02:29 AM
to fix or fit the bodykit? :confused:

fixing the bodykit (cracks, damage, repair assuming it is fibreglass)
1. require filler (bog) and hardener
2. may require fibreglass repair kit if damaged area has cracked right through
3. angle grinder
4. sandpaper 180, 320, 800 grit
5. primer

fitting the kit
tools required: socket set, open end spanner set, power drill with drill piece, black marker/ pen, file, angle grinder.

1. learn how to remove front bar, front bar reinforcement, rear bar, side skirts and maybe your rear tail lights and headlights.
2. get a friend to help, makes much easier when aligning the bodykit
3. once all the stock parts have been removed, run masking tape along the edges of the front guard, headlights, rear quarter panels and anywhere else that your kit will attatch to the standard panels. This will prevent the bodykit from putting any scratches on the paint whilst your moving it around trying to get it to fit.
4. using a pen, mark on the kit where you plan to attach bolts. i'd reccomend using the stock mounting holes.
5. fibreglass is fairly flexible and strong. Don't be afraid to bend and manipulate it.

this is just a guideline for a perfectly fitting kit. Most fibreglass kits require some form of modification to obtain a satisfactory fit.

hope this helps and good luck :wave:

Lukezen27
07-09-2005, 12:25 PM
My mothers sending my down a big ass fibreglass kit this week some time :p

Yay for family hay :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I need to do the same thing man

got a bodykit yet to be installled but the front bumper needs a lot of work

I looking forward to learning how to use fibreglass :D

DHOCHKG
07-09-2005, 04:58 PM
I looking forward to learning how to use fibreglass :D

i found it is pretty easy...mayb because i used to drive a 180sx the car always hitting something or something hit me...!Must learn if everytime send it to someone to fix will cost heaps..!

Lukezen27
07-09-2005, 06:09 PM
i found it is pretty easy...mayb because i used to drive a 180sx the car always hitting something or something hit me...!Must learn if everytime send it to someone to fix will cost heaps..!

Cool :)

I think is going to be fun playing round with it :thumbsup:

My Mum is getting the fibreglass kit tomorrow DOH

I was hopping I'd have it before the weekend :rolleyes: