PDA

View Full Version : Removing Dash for DA9 Ls

-MuGen PoWer-
06-09-2005, 10:00 PM
Hey guys having a few problems removing the dash. Does anyone have any idea?
I have already removed the two screws on underside of the top but we cant get the black plastic part off. WHat else needs to be done
Thanks

2NTICN
06-09-2005, 10:16 PM
which part are u looking at removing exactly???
ive removed the part around the head unit, ash tray, gearbox etc countless times to install different head units.
what are you looking at doing?

-MuGen PoWer-
06-09-2005, 10:18 PM
I'm trying to get the dash cluster out....seems impossible to get the housing around it off first....

2NTICN
06-09-2005, 10:20 PM
sorry for my ignorance, wats the dash cluster???

2NTICN
06-09-2005, 10:25 PM
i can take half the thing apart, i just duno wat everything is called

-MuGen PoWer-
06-09-2005, 10:27 PM
the cluster is where it shows you speed revs, fuel etc. I have to take the black housing around it in order to remove the cluster

2NTICN
06-09-2005, 10:29 PM
ohh naa sorry man, i havnt taken any of that section apart

wkdteg
06-09-2005, 10:29 PM
ive got the diagram which shows how 2 remove the dash. i dunno how 2 put it up here, so pm me if u want it emailed
cheers

SKREMN
06-09-2005, 10:37 PM
easy guys
first time i had no idea as well
there are hidden screws behind the temp/air con controls
you gotta pop off the cover
and then the ones around the air vents are held in with clips so pull but dont break
I snapped mine first go coz i couldnt work it out haha!
the two above the cluster
then two below the cluster under the bottom cover below the stearing wheel
and then there is another screw behind the pannel on the open close air vent near the window
pop off the knob and then the cover and there she is
and there is a clip that air vents as well
is it hard to line these vents back up
aswell make shure your adjustment for the stearing is fully low makes it alot easier

-MuGen PoWer-
06-09-2005, 11:22 PM
thanks for that!!

FR33K
07-09-2005, 01:04 PM
u beat me to it SKREMN lol
the hidden screws are the best ones
took me forever to find them

2NTICN
08-09-2005, 10:22 PM
anyone know where u can buy aftermarket dash clusters?

SKREMN
08-09-2005, 10:53 PM
what exactly do you mean?
eBay has nearly everything

2NTICN
08-09-2005, 10:58 PM
like i dont like the stock dash, the part that has ur tacho and speedo n shit
where could i get another???

TEG61E
08-09-2005, 11:25 PM
like i dont like the stock dash, the part that has ur tacho and speedo n shit
where could i get another???

I think u mean EL Dials?? Like Indiglo yeah?? Well theres this place in Parramatta called e-Tronic that does em...try looking around.

Thanks for the replies guys...we were actually trying to get the cluster out for me. After about 30 mins we finally fugured out that there was somethin holding it down behind the aircon controls...that was real tricky.

Cheers!!

NTR16N
10-09-2005, 03:59 PM
need any help pulling out anything from LS... pm me...
stripped practically my entire car for wsid last week but didnt get to run... damn it!!?! hahaha but yeah... takes me like an hour and a half to pull out or put back in... crazy :D

so wat u planning on doing??

Chronos
10-09-2005, 05:10 PM
The correct term is Instrument Cluster.

Sorry, i can't remember how to remove it. I had to change my Speedo cable. It took me a while to find all the screws. Be careful, most of the plastic is fragile.

Wait; i remember removing the rectangle block behind the air-con/temp dials. It pops out with a fine screw driver. There are two screws behind there.

Go Honda with their hidden screw system!

spardikis
10-09-2005, 07:54 PM
I thought the gauge cluster (speedo, fuel, temp etc) was not so hard?? I have taken them off a DA6, DA8 and a 96 GSI no problems with out taking out the whole dash, that seems crazy, worst was having to unscrew the stearing colum plasic cover.

1: Lower the stearing wheel, Unscrew Two screws on plastic above, and in front of gauge cluster.
2: Then unclip and pull out the oval bit of plastic.
3: Then there is like 2 longer screws either side of the gauge cluster.
4: After that unclip the speedo cable, and two or three sets of wires -they the tricky bits for guys with big hands..

5: and presto she comes out??

Hard??

-MuGen PoWer-
16-09-2005, 09:44 AM
yeah the dc2 is easier to take out than the DA9. Da9 there were hidden screws behind panels.