PDA

View Full Version : Noise

spardikis
06-09-2005, 10:30 PM
Hey all.... As some of you already know my DC2R had a engine problem last week. I thought it was clutch/gear box but turned out the rear engine mount bolts fell out, giving the motor some really wicket movement.

After i had taken everything out and re assembled everthing i fired her up, no problems..

Everything was fine until she reached running temperature... There is with out a word of a lie a little guy sitting in my intake manifold or somewhere playing a didgerydoo. The noise is i think is coming from the intake manifold, It stops while under throttle, and is not there while the engine is cold.The sound is jsut like a guy playing a didgerydoo (cant spellthat). It was quite hard to tighted up the rear engine mount will the intake manifold and tbody was on, there is a chance that i knocked off a wire or put something round the wrong way? The sound also stops the instant ignition is cut.

I am quite stumped to what the problem could be, I have checked everything i can see or think of. I was also thinking that it could be the fuel i am running, (91) or maybe and air block in a radiator hose?? Help would be really appreciated! cheers - spardikis

spardikis
07-09-2005, 12:20 PM
It almost sounds like the blow back you get when u open the oil cap? anyone?