PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Chemi-Weld

Flanderz
07-09-2005, 05:14 PM
One of my mates told me to try Chemi-Weld for my head gasket & fuel problems. Any thoughts on this stuff? Could it do more damage than good? It says that it doesn't cure oil in water problems which is what I believe I have so I am a little reluctant. I need to be driving the car atm until I save enough to A. Pay it off & B. Get the head problem fixed. Will it fix a cracked head if that is what I have???

ACTI0NMAN-1
07-09-2005, 06:43 PM
You are better off to change your oil completly everyweek than use an additive to seal the leak. Untill you can afford to have the gasket replaced.

FR33K
07-09-2005, 07:10 PM
ive used it
and it does work
but dunno how long it will last

FR33K
07-09-2005, 07:12 PM
and u add it to the water NOT THE OIL
just incase u didnt know

wkdteg
07-09-2005, 07:38 PM
i agree with fr33k matt. like i said, i used it on sat. it didnt work for the 1st few hrs, but it seems 2 have done the trick. i drove the car up 2 uni 2day with no problems. but like u said, its not for oil in water. i was thinkin that 2day that u should use it, but i went over the instructions. so yeah, it worked, but like fr33k said, not sure how long it will last, so i wanna change the gasket asap. sorry matt

Flanderz
07-09-2005, 08:09 PM
yeah well I got home tonight gave my mate a call and asked him if he could do the head gasket, no worries so I just got home and we are pulling off the head tommorow, got the rocker cover off and its sittin in his garage. Thank god its only gonna cost me the booze we will drink. Could be alot lol. But he is a mechanic at STI docklands, he's gonna send off the head Friday to get it crack tested, if all comes back ok, might even enquire about a port/polish heheheh. Should I use OEM gaskets or just go bursons and pick up a gasket set.

wkdteg
07-09-2005, 08:19 PM
i was initially gonna go the oem + port n polish (dads idea). im not sure about bursons in terms of gaskets, remember u gotta get the whole gasket set, not just the head gasket... i think oem itll cost 260. let us know how u go. gluck

ACTI0NMAN-1
07-09-2005, 08:53 PM
i didnt know its a water addetive.
but,
you can get the oem honda gasket set from ebay for $210

Trojan
22-11-2005, 09:32 PM
I've abused Chemi-Weld and can safely say that if u intend to keep ur car, don't use it.

I blew my head gasket and used it to seal the water leak that was caused.
From one treatment, i got almost 2 months out of using my car without any obvious signs of leaking. But once the Chemi-Weld stopped working, that was it!!

Tried using Chemi-Weld again but didn't work and my leak got worse than it was before. Apart from that, it caused all the water to become muddy (this was after the 2 months), and after flushing radiator and all hoses about 4 times, i still would get bits of muddy crap coming through!!

Its good for a short term but it is not smth that fixes ur problem....from my experience with it, your problem will get worse but u won't know about it till its too late!!

Good for hiding a blown gasket though when u wanna sell ur car.....but i'd kill anybody that sold me a car and lied to me about it!

wkdteg
22-11-2005, 10:29 PM
i just used it for the 2nd time 2day. 1st time was about 2-3months ago, when i did crack the head, and i needed a temp fix till i got a change, couple weeks ago, the head cracked again, and i once again need a temp till christmas time.

i think we should state that this is ONLY A TEMPORARY solution, and not a permanant fix for a cracked head. the time of it working usually depends on driving style... i was stupid enuf to rev hard after i used it 1st time round, which kinda made it easier for more cracks to form.

in my personal oppion, i believe ppl should use it only if u cant have ur head gasket changed for 1-2 month period

TRU32U
22-11-2005, 10:50 PM
i used it before works wonders... sold the car alredi but i dunno how its goin now
other mates used it on their old car lasted another 2 years then sold it

Flanderz
24-11-2005, 01:31 PM
i used it before works wonders... sold the car alredi but i dunno how its goin now

Thats just cruel bro, Remind me to not buy a car off u. But They guy who bought should have done all his test's i suppose. I have even heard of ppl buying cars of dealerships that have had a nice dose of chemi weld. What is the world comming too?