PDA

View Full Version : [EURO] Clutch issues - not a master cylinder?

nEUROtic
07-09-2005, 08:43 PM
Ok so its only like 4 months old, but its just feeling real spongy and its gone soft. Is this just wear?

There is no clicking or nething like ive seen in the master cylinder threads and stuff, but I didn't know where to check the fluid and shit :P

Bout 5K on the clock? Anyone replaced the master cylinder and feels this? Or any other ideas?

thank dudez

Chris_F
07-09-2005, 09:03 PM
hey man,

i don't know if you remember me telling you what happened to my MC before it started clicking again?

basically... my clutch has felt spongey and soft like you described and then recently it started the clicking again.

My guess is you'll have the click before 10k km - it sucks:thumbdwn:

Also, try pushing in the clutch really really slow - its a way of picking up the click early coz sometimes its hard to notice

nEUROtic
07-09-2005, 09:12 PM
Does anyone know where the clutch master cylinder is so I can have a look at it?

EuroAccord13
07-09-2005, 09:49 PM
The click is just part of the clutch related to the cruise control or something, but a vibrating, knotty, rattling feel when the clutch is pressed means the M.C....

DRCVIC
08-09-2005, 07:41 AM
Clutch Master Cylinder should be on the firewall in the engine bay in front of where the pedals are
There will be a big one for the brakes and a smaller one for the clutch (unless the euro has everything hidden?)
Check your fluid and also check your clutch line for cracks or anything, probably the besty thing you can do for hydrolic systems is fresh fluid, rebleed them and get braided lines (dont worry about the lines on your accord, this was void your warranty :P)