PDA

View Full Version : silicone hosing for engine bay

stephen8512
08-09-2005, 01:02 AM
Hi guys
i tried searching for this but nothing came up. I was just wondering where i could purchase some blue silicone hosing for my engine bay
i wanna replace the current black ones i have in there to all blue. dressing up my engine bay so to speak......goin for the blue theme

so anyone know where I can get them from? and are they reliable? as in reliable enuff to replace the existing hosing?
Thanks

stephen8512
08-09-2005, 11:37 AM
bump~

heist
08-09-2005, 11:41 AM
spoon makes blue rad hosing.....$500 though....

VTi-R Civic
08-09-2005, 11:51 AM
I would imagine the Spoon hoses are probably made by SAMCO for Spoon.

Check out this page:
http://www.samcosport.com/samco.asp?make=honda

When I went to buy my SAMCO intake duct for my other car I could pay a high price from a tuner that put their name on the SAMCO hose or buy the hose direct from SAMCO for less. Guess what I did... :D

You could also try a turbo shop. One of my friends went down and bought straight lengths of coloured silcone hoses and made of his own hoses so to speak.

Good luck buddy. Hope this helps. :)

stephen8512
08-09-2005, 12:03 PM
VTiR civic, thanks mate
where abouts did he get it from? im still looking for places

VTi-R Civic
08-09-2005, 12:07 PM
No worries. I bought mine from a place in California (my other car is an American car). One thing I have to say is that it is not an off the shelf order you may have to wait a while for the hose. I had to wait about 10 weeks for the air intake hose I bought for my car to get shipped from SAMCO in the UK to California and then had to wait for it to get shipped over here to OZ (reason being even though it was in their parts listing it was a special order item). :rolleyes:
The website link I gave you listed two Australian SAMCO agents:
AVO
Australia
tel. +61 3 9584 4499
fax. +61 3 9584 4008
sales@avoturbo.com (sales@avoturbo.com)

Hyperflow Technologies PTY Ltd
NSW
Australia
tel: +61 242 832281
fax: +61 242 853946
sales@hyperflow.com.au (sales@hyperflow.com.au)
www.hyperflow.com.au (http://www.hyperflow.com.au/)

http://www.samcosport.com/distributors.asp?country=australia

You might also want to check with hondar on this forum to see if he offers an equivalent spoon part and check pricing on that too.

civicboy
08-09-2005, 12:22 PM
i think Bel Garage sales blue ones :)

stephen8512
08-09-2005, 12:27 PM
sweet as.
thanks guys...
just one other question....not too sure about the type of hose i have to get to replace all my stock black rubber ones....
how can i find out the dimensions/diameters of these hoses to find out what i need?
i was originally going to just go to the place where they had it and get them to have a look at my engine bay....

VTi-R Civic
08-09-2005, 12:32 PM
Sorry Stephen, I just realised I misread you post. I'm not sure where my friend got it as it was a while back, it was in the Chipping Norton area though. Probably driving your car to the place you buy the hose from would be easiest and comparing the hose available when you get there.