PDA

View Full Version : What to do what to do?

furiou5
08-09-2005, 11:12 AM
Hey as some of ya'll know from a previous post of mine i have just bought an ek9(pre-facelift/white) in japan and it should arrive here in about 5-6 weeks time.

I do however have a big problem, i wanted to bring the car in wone whole piece, just for the sake of it, but its looks possible that customs might end up cutting it in half.

I currently have a ek1(facelifted/silver), my question is what should i swap over to my civic, if the car is cut?

Obviously i'd be swapping all of the cars running gear, including brakes and rims, definitely the rear wing, recaros, console, steering wheel, rear seat.

The problem lies with the body pannels and lights, how much of a head ache would it be fitting the front pannels and spraying, would there be any problem with changing the rear bumper.

Should i also change the boot, type r dont have a rear wiper, or easier filling my boots hole.

Either that or should i sell the front pannels and lights, and just buy fl head lights, also would rather the fl type r tail lights.

I have a mugen front bar waiting to go on anyway, plus i did intend on tidying up my paint job, in the near future, also want to get rid of my antena, thing doesnt go down properly and i think it will suit the civics lines better removed.

Sorry its so long, couldnt make up my mind past week

sesshoumaru
08-09-2005, 11:25 AM
swap everything you can?

is your mugen bumper for facelift or non facelift? i'd assume the conversion from facelift to non face lift is fairly straight forward if you have all the parts (full front cut).

furiou5
08-09-2005, 11:36 AM
i dont mind swapping everything, just wondering if any mounts to the chasis are different, and if spraying the panels again is a big task

barefootbonzai
08-09-2005, 11:36 AM
Dam what a waste. Just beg them not to cut it, give them fifty under the table or something

furiou5
08-09-2005, 11:38 AM
yer i wrote a letter to them today saying please let me bring the car in one piece, said i'd be using it for motorsport, eg motorkhana and track days, if they ask for proof im in the shit i dont have a cams licence, go get one later, i think the licence u need will cost roughly 1100 bux to get

R96P-EJ8
08-09-2005, 11:40 AM
Just a question..you're getting a pre-facelift EK9 (I'm assuming its 96-98 year) but your current car is a facelift model (99-00 year)..I thought you can't put an older engine into your car?

[[d a n n y]]
08-09-2005, 11:45 AM
no it doesnt cost u 1100 for a liscence

furiou5
08-09-2005, 11:49 AM
i think its a c4 licence, after going through all the tests and courses it will add up to $1100

licence test $500
health check $100
Club membership $100
C3 licence fee $359
Cams manual $44

and obviously the lower grade licence is cheaper, but i dont think you cna bring a car in on them

furiou5
08-09-2005, 11:53 AM
oh yeah and with the motor thing, in WA its deals with motors and emmisions of the same year, something like that,

luzinit
08-09-2005, 12:13 PM
if u swap over pre face lift bumper + bonnet + fender and lights onto ur EK1, it will fit fine, same with the back, so just swap everything over

[[d a n n y]]
08-09-2005, 12:23 PM
u can import a car if u have a C2 lisence.. i think.

i've already sent my form away

just waiting for a reply..

furiou5
08-09-2005, 12:32 PM
c2, hrhmm i'll check into that my mate has one.

CTR Coupe
08-09-2005, 12:45 PM
you must have a level 3 CAMS licence or higher to import a car for motorsport use.

At a minimum, the following criteria must be met:

Eligible vehicles for rally/race use are those homologated by the Federation Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA). These vehicle models can be found listed at http://www.fia.com/sport/Homologations/homol_vehicles.html.

Under normal circumstances applicants will be restricted to importing a single vehicle and acceptable reasons will need to be provided to import another vehicle for rally/race use.

Road vehicles for rally use are imported on the condition that they will only be used in the course of competition, practice associated with competition and transport to and from a rally location.

The applicant must lodge with their application a statement that the vehicle will only be used for rally purposes together with a copy of a current CAMS R3 or higher grade licence. For closed circuit racing the applicant must lodge with their application a statement that the vehicle will only be used for closed circuit racing purposes together with a copy of a current CAMS C3 or higher grade licence.

In addition, the applicant will need to provide evidence of a professional or high level involvement in rally/race sport, including:

details of events in which the applicant has driven a rally/race car;

details of specific events in which the applicant proposes to compete in the car for which the import application is submitted;

details of the rally/race club or organisation of which the applicant is a member and the length of membership; and

if the vehicle is a model available in the Australian vehicle market, justification for the need to import the vehicle (cost of the vehicle in the domestic market will not generally be considered an acceptable justification).

Documents required to be submitted with the application form:

$50.00 application fee, purchase documents, copy of CAMS R3 or higher licence or CAMS C3 or higher, evidence of participation in rallying or closed circuit racing and evidence of vehicles homologation, certified picture ID of the importer or responsible officer if a company (if you have not imported in the last 12 months you will need to provide your ID again)

jdm_b16a
02-02-2009, 12:46 PM
yer i wrote a letter to them today saying please let me bring the car in one piece, said i'd be using it for motorsport, eg motorkhana and track days, if they ask for proof im in the shit i dont have a cams licence, go get one later, i think the licence u need will cost roughly 1100 bux to get

You have to show proof of your competition record over the last couple of years. That's what I had to do here in NSW. And this all has to be done before you begin the import process because they give you paperwork to that effect. No paperwork - your'e probably history.

Peter

Zdster
03-02-2009, 09:06 AM
You have to show proof of your competition record over the last couple of years. That's what I had to do here in NSW. And this all has to be done before you begin the import process because they give you paperwork to that effect. No paperwork - your'e probably history.

Peter

Wow - you bumped a thread that is over 3 and a half years old :thumbsup:

jdm_b16a
03-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Shite!

That'll teach me to look more closely next time. One thousand apologies all!

Peter

mocchi
04-02-2009, 07:26 AM
nothing wrong with bumping old thread as long as there is good info to add.

ScottyF
06-02-2009, 09:41 PM
... SO, Was the ek9 cut? :(

Did you get your licence? What was the process like?

I need a conclusion now!

ek4-guy
06-02-2009, 09:53 PM
... SO, Was the ek9 cut? :(

Did you get your licence? What was the process like?

I need a conclusion now!

i'd like to know aswell

MRGRIM
07-02-2009, 04:20 AM
mmmm pm sent
would like to know too....

furiou5
07-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Ah haven't seen this thread in a long long time, but for all of those interested,

The car arrived and a few people saw it on the docks, but because of the guy that was bringing it in, he dodged the paper work they wouldn't release the cars,

It was my Ek9, an FC rx7 and a R34 GTR.

Then the guy that was importing our cars, did a runner when they wouldn't release the cars, wanker

MRGRIM
07-02-2009, 10:15 AM
Cheers thanks for the reply

dam sux re the cars tho