PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Creek Gone from V8 Calender, Bahrain is on!

LUD02C
08-09-2005, 05:56 PM
That is right, they dropped Eastern Creek so NSW now has Oran park and Bathurst.

I personally think its a better choice.
Better racing, more sponsorship for the teams, track is unbelieveable.
Question is, could Turkey be out of the question now?

The bogans are going crazy, but they said 10 rounds in Australia are guarrenteed so yeh.

Also, Eastern Creek Grandstand, 3 day pass for A1 is only $150.
I got mine today!

vividjazz
08-09-2005, 10:42 PM
Eastern creek keeps jacking the price for the track. Maybe by losing a key event like the V8s they'll reconsider their pricing but I doubt it.

Hondavirgin
09-09-2005, 10:41 AM
That is awesome news for the V8s, and hopefully will make it a better series! (more international coverage = more major manufacturer interest = more pressure to make it proper car racing rather than the control formula that it is atm).

joshen
10-09-2005, 12:58 PM
i heard oran park was being torn down next year for housing development as well??

bigteethygrin
10-09-2005, 01:33 PM
strange... eastern creek was always the premiere race in terms of sucking up to the sponsers.. (bathurst excepted). Its hard to imagine that the local sponsers will be very happy with that race missing. I used to get special invites from a sponser there who used o put up a huges party in one of the marquees... was a great tool for them to show off and spoil their clients. I know they will be pissed because you cant put on that sort of a show for their clients at oran park.

^^v
10-09-2005, 01:40 PM
That is awesome news for the V8s, and hopefully will make it a better series! (more international coverage = more major manufacturer interest = more pressure to make it proper car racing rather than the control formula that it is atm).

wish that were true...
a few weeks back the head of the v8 super car series was on RPM ..
his words when asked about adding more manufacturers.. "why try and fix it when its not broken"... with an attitude lik that theres only so far this series can go....

LUD02C
10-09-2005, 08:34 PM
i heard oran park was being torn down next year for housing development as well??

That is correct, but I heard that a new government has taken over (got elected) and has cancelled that. (I have no idea how true that is)

Another thing I heard, was that they are going to build another track (nothing flash like Turkey) about 45 minutes North-West of Oran Park.

Who knows, it is after all politicans in control :(
Eastern Creek will make more money with A1 there then the V8's.
The V8's only got 19,000 last time they were there!

vividjazz
10-09-2005, 09:35 PM
wish that were true...
a few weeks back the head of the v8 super car series was on RPM ..
his words when asked about adding more manufacturers.. "why try and fix it when its not broken"... with an attitude lik that theres only so far this series can go....

Holden and Ford don't want a repeat of when the GTRs wasted them at bathurst years ago. How embarrising for HSV or FPV if a Magna or Camry dusted them.

milkman
27-09-2005, 07:50 PM
Umm but isn't eastern creek on the v8 calender twice a yr?

LUD02C
27-09-2005, 08:16 PM
Umm but isn't eastern creek on the v8 calender twice a yr?

It was until 2005 when they dropped one round, and now they dropped another!