PDA

View Full Version : Camber kit needed

Zdster
08-09-2005, 07:01 PM
I am looking for a camber kit to correct camber issues that eating my tyres. I need a front kit that can adjust at least +/-2 degrees of camber. I have searched but am still unsure as to what brand/sort of kit I should get for my ek hatch. Can anyone suggest a good front kit? (I dont mind ordering from overseas or waiting for the right product but it must do the job).

tanghy
08-09-2005, 07:13 PM
for ek?

Zdster
08-09-2005, 08:01 PM
for ek?

Yeah, for an ek hatch.

pgclee
09-09-2005, 01:26 AM
how much u willing to spend?
hmm...u want it with the arm as well?

ekslut
09-09-2005, 08:41 AM
should be in suspension

*moving*

civlowwer
09-09-2005, 04:53 PM
get the SKUNK 2 front camber kit, it has +- 4 degrees, it replaces the upper control arm, i had about 4 degrees of camber and now i have none YAY. try ebay for this, thats where i got mine from, have had it for awhile now and had no problems with it, http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2 F&fkr=1&from=R8&satitle=Civic+96+Skunk+2+Camber

try that

Cyrus
09-09-2005, 09:15 PM
get the alignment people to check out whether your linkage is bent or not. It's good that camber kits can fix that problem but then you might just be working around the damage and not fully using the kit to its potential. I had a bent rear linkage before and maxing out the adjustments only gave me 0 degree camber, so in the end still had to get the problem fixed. Just an opinion from personal experience.

Zdster
09-09-2005, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the info. fellas. Other than the Skunk kit can anyone suggest something else in a similar or slightly more expensive price range?

tanghy
09-09-2005, 09:24 PM
omni power

tanghy
09-09-2005, 09:25 PM
however, don't forget that skuk MAY slip

Zdster
09-09-2005, 09:56 PM
When you say slip, what part are you referring to? Whats actually slipping?

Zimp13
10-09-2005, 12:16 AM
can try the camber pin kit from pedders... simple, affordable and pretty good

civlowwer
10-09-2005, 11:26 AM
can try the camber pin kit from pedders... simple, affordable and pretty good

Wat at $600 for the front, affordable right.

omni power isn't too bad, i have them on the rear of my ek1, i have never had the skunk2 slip once, so who ever installed didn't do it right, and remember the skunk2 kit is in US$, i paid all up AU$540, for front and rear shipped, skunk2 front and omni rear, and i am using this setup for track use aswell.

cheers

tanghy
10-09-2005, 11:43 AM
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=762468

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=635008

pgclee
11-09-2005, 02:13 AM
yea, made out of TI material - 2.8k Aud front...good enough?..hehe

**Ghost**
11-09-2005, 02:29 AM
whiteline?

Zdster
11-09-2005, 10:27 PM
Thanks again everyone. Given me a few things to think about.

Zdster
13-09-2005, 05:36 PM
Ok, I need some responses here. The camber on my front left wheel is way out. I have had an alignment done and the front right wheel is near perfect (ie around -.5) while the front left is around -2.0. Does this mean that something is bent? The car is lowered and as I understand it when you lower this will throw the camber out - but shouldnt it be out roughly the same amount on both sides?

Help is much appreciated.

Zdster
14-09-2005, 09:08 AM
Bump. Can anyone help me with the above?

bennjamin
14-09-2005, 03:15 PM
what springs ? One maybe alittle lower than the other ( hence lower, and different camber reading) , or bent lower control arm ... jack up the front and have alook !

Zdster
14-09-2005, 05:40 PM
Lowered on coilovers. The control arms look alright. Would having one side slightly lower than the other through out camber that much? How do I go about making both sides level (I installed my own suspension so just measured/went by eye when looking at height).

I am right in thinking though that when lowering the car that it should through the camber out roughly the same amount on both sides?

bennjamin
14-09-2005, 06:44 PM
if done correctly , the camber should be within spec on both sides yus...if done "by eye" then i think this is your problem - perhaps best to take the fronts out , use a ruler or piece of string to measure the exact height on both sides. Reinstall and check again.

Zdster
14-09-2005, 06:53 PM
So you think that I need to remove both front suspension? Arnt I better off just adjusting the suspension height (I am not sure what I am acheiving by removing the suspension)?

if done "by eye" then i think this is your problem

Sorry, what I meant was the suspension height was judged by eye. I had a shop measure my camber using a machine that sits over the tire. If the height is only slightly different would this account for such a massive difference in camber?

bennjamin
14-09-2005, 07:12 PM
you installed your suspension , with no measurements at all - maybe your guards/fender are not exactly the same height or tyres are alittle off etc etc - the difference is only 1.5 degrees which isnt MASSIVELY noticeable - first step i would do is to take out both shocks and adjust to the exact height then reinstall. Its the cheapest "check". See if that helps - Also , any damage to your front upper control arms ?

Zdster
14-09-2005, 07:20 PM
Thanks Ben for your reply. I will try that over the weekend and see how I go. So 2 degrees of camber could easily be accounted for by the suspension/other parts being slightly off?

Is the best way of measuring the height of the suspension is just with a ruler or string?

bennjamin
14-09-2005, 07:28 PM
Thanks Ben for your reply. I will try that over the weekend and see how I go. So 2 degrees of camber could easily be accounted for by the suspension/other parts being slightly off?

Is the best way of measuring the height of the suspension is just with a ruler or string?

it is ONE thing that can affect the static camber yes - and , the best way to measure your coilover correct height would be with a ruler to measure up the distance of the lower perch relative to the bottom of the shock etc - make sure itsthe same both sides then reinstall.
Then , once installed with tyres on and on the ground - place a looong ruler flat on the ground next to the tyre (pointing up towards the fender)- measure the distance from the middle of the wheel to the ruler and repeat for the other side , hopefully it should be very similar and the camber should be similar too ! good luck :)

Zdster
14-09-2005, 07:56 PM
Thanks Ben for your help. I think the thing to learn from this is that it doesnt take very much to push camber out.

bennjamin
14-09-2005, 08:02 PM
tell us if setting it equal helps at all ! Im just giving you free advice that you can do yourself :)

sydteg21
21-09-2005, 09:27 PM
so if want to drop my ride 2",is it necessary for me to correct my camber