PDA

View Full Version : Track Suss

tegstar83
08-09-2005, 07:07 PM
Hey since no one anwesered this in the integra thread ill post it here:
For a CRX what is the best Track susspension, I wnated to look into Tein but what some really stiff adjustment over 10kg but wanna at least have enuff to sort be semi streetabe thats not the priority but just in case.
And I dont wanna hear that D2 are mad pfft please :rolleyes:

tegstar83
09-09-2005, 02:25 AM
will no one answer this or what???

Cyrus
09-09-2005, 02:29 AM
u looking at coilovers or shock and springs
what is your budget?
Tein is pretty good as I used to run it on my EK civic with 10k front 6k rear and I drive it everyday coz I can't be bothered doing all the adjustments
Apexi also provide pretty coilovers for the civic......
not too sure about mugen but I guess prices for it could be hefty

tegstar83
09-09-2005, 02:42 AM
Well im gonna b building an all out track car so Im guessing between 3 to 5 k on coilovers wit heaps of adjustability like rebound bound camber ect.

Cyrus
09-09-2005, 02:49 AM
Well, then just a set of coilovers not going to give you much adjustments except for the suspension part. You gonna need camber and castor kits to adjust all the other suspension areas.......and more, adjustable anti-roll bars, sway bars etc is all needed to complete the 'handling' part of an all out track car....a set of coilovers going to give you some difference over your stockies but it ain't gonna be complete for an all out track car. Is this car gonna be your daily driver as well??

tegstar83
09-09-2005, 03:12 AM
yeah its also gonna be for daily use as well not sure if im gonna use it every day though, I am aware that ill also need other stuff to add to the suss setup, need to obiously learn more about this

ekslut
09-09-2005, 08:43 AM
I'll move it to the suspension forum, hopefully you will get some answers there

*moving*

ekslut
09-09-2005, 08:52 AM
Have a read of this thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2205&page=8&pp=12

What the guy from whiteline was saying is don't get overly stiff suspension. Use swaybars as much as possible. This way your car will be more streetable too :D

So just get some Tein coilovers, but nothing too stiff (under 10) and get some good sway bars :thumbsup:

pgclee
09-09-2005, 09:59 AM
HKS HyperMAX Pro II... 18kg - front, 16kg - rear, good for track, too stiff for road,
or
GAB - get the shocks, changed to KG/nm Springs,
Or
if you want something crazy,
Tein N1 or anything with N1...Front 26kg, Rear 22kg....

bennjamin
09-09-2005, 10:06 AM
even australian tracks are as good quality as JDM tracks ( just IMO :)) so why bother with massive rates when nice front and rear swaybars will help with the job ?

IMO even my custom whiteline springs on my koni yellows is too stiff for the road - with somethign like 5kg/mm front and 2.5kg/mm rear lol

type one
09-09-2005, 10:42 AM
Tein HA - though rare as hen's teeth... good road/track compromise... hieght and 16 way adjustable... anything stiffer than that for a CRX and you will encounter chassis issues...

Fr 18 and Rr 16 IMO is ridiculous for a CRX which weighs in at 900-1000 or so kg - send the car bouncing off the track.

CONAN
09-09-2005, 07:11 PM
HKS HyperMAX Pro II... 18kg - front, 16kg - rear, good for track, too stiff for road,
or
GAB - get the shocks, changed to KG/nm Springs,
Or
if you want something crazy,
Tein N1 or anything with N1...Front 26kg, Rear 22kg....

LOL@ tein n1 26kg front 22kg rear, man at that spring rate, the shocks wont ever be moving!
damn

Cyrus
09-09-2005, 09:10 PM
I used to have the Tein HA on my civic....it's decent but I don't think they make it anymore though...

tegstar83
12-09-2005, 12:42 AM
thanks for the help guys, yeah it does make sense not to have overly stiff suss in a small car not only that its gonna stripped to the shithouse, I sorta wanted to look at about 12kg rear and 8kg or 10kg on the front, also can some one explain what the purpose of swaybars and how they work? <----NOOB :roolleyes:

tegstar83
12-09-2005, 12:46 AM
ohh i forgot to mention that even though it has been mentioned that stiffer rates are gonna play havock with the chassi Im actually gonna be reinforcing the chassis by welding extra plate and putting in extra spot welds b/w the oem welds so its not gonna be a stock chassis but also gonna have a roll cage welded in also so structual strenght will be boosted quite significantly

type one
12-09-2005, 11:23 AM
I used to have the Tein HA on my civic....it's decent but I don't think they make it anymore though...

this is correct superseded by tein flex.

but you can still find some good 2nd hand ones available...

Sounds like quite a project... good luck on it.

tegstar83
12-09-2005, 02:31 PM
thanks hopefully Ill have one monster drag/track Crx wait till the engine gets disclosed :D

Zdster
12-09-2005, 03:53 PM
Wonder if the tien ra's would suit. I have seen a few sets of these float around from time to time? Not sure if they will be adjustable enough for the street though?

type one
12-09-2005, 03:59 PM
RA's are 30 way adjustable... but IMO a still a little bit too harsh for street use...

tegstar83
12-09-2005, 08:09 PM
whats so harsh about em?
I really dont mind some harshness *well ive never been in a car with a harsh setup so i dont know what its like*

Zdster
12-09-2005, 08:15 PM
Being in a harsh car for daily use can be a real pain. You just feel every bump and its not always that confortable. You do get used to it but the best thing is to select the best suspension to avoid the problem in the first place.

type one - yeah I wasnt really sure about the ra's but thought that they might have been an option.

CoZZm0
12-09-2005, 08:17 PM
Hard spring rates and a welded in roll cage will make the car completely non-streetable if you have race-spec suspension installed.
If you have a car that is designed to handle the race track, it will not be comfortable on the road, and vice versa. Just adding strut braces and control arm braces to my car makes the ride harsher, that's without any kind of roll cage to stiffen the chassis up.

type one
12-09-2005, 08:29 PM
RA's are a viable option - a member on this board has an ITR with RE's - spring rates play a large part of the harshness, so do your research and choose carefully... but i find his car very stiff...

with spot welds and reinforcement your car's chassis will be able to handle the stiffer spring rates but i think to complement get a set of sussy that is more widely adjustable and can offer you varying spring rates.

a few regular "trackers" recommend DMS coilovers... not cheap but very very good...

tegstar83
12-09-2005, 10:07 PM
Hmm DMS there not the D2's are they???

type one
17-09-2005, 11:03 PM
DMS are NOT D2's.... DMS = Drummond Motor Sports...