PDA

View Full Version : Just Purchased/Picked Up My New Accord Euro

bigbuddha
25-02-2004, 10:26 AM
Just Picked up my Euro a couple of weeks ago and I am loving it. My previous ride was a Pajero which was on it's last legs.

I tested the Mazda6 I didn't mind the overall finish of the car but it left me with a feeling of ".. it's not too bad .. I suppose". I didn't want to fork out so much money for a car that was only "not too bad"

Then I looked at the Euro and was instantly in love with it. Told the dealer I wanted Artic Blue with options. He looked at me and laughed and said come with me ... showed me a brand spanking new Accord Euro Arctic Blue still wrapped in plastic with Dec 03 build and 04 compliance plate. MAGIC STUFF .. it was meant to be...

Anyways I want to upgrade the Audio but want to keep the factory look.. it will be a work car as well so can't go overboard.

There it is my first post ...

wynode
25-02-2004, 10:34 AM
Firstly welcome!

Secondly, sounds like my coloured car :) Hows about posting some pics?

bigdongers
25-02-2004, 10:57 AM
Good on ya!

Going from a Pajero to a Euro is a bit of a change though :) why the big change in vechicle type?

bigbuddha
25-02-2004, 12:04 PM
Yeah Pajero to Euro is abit of a change hey bigdongers, but I had been looking for ages (note years) for the right type of car to come out b4 I switched. I loved the Pajero great vehicle, THE RED BEAST, became sort of a party bus during uni daze.

When I first saw pictures of the Euro I know I had found exactly what I wanted a sleek, executive looking car, nice sporty type engine, and quality build.

Now to swtich that Audio system around .. hmm

euro77
25-02-2004, 01:15 PM
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your purchase. I'm sure you won't disappointed.

As for the audio, refer to my reply to your post on audio section ;)

A'PEXi
25-02-2004, 01:43 PM
not bad :) welcome

[[d a n n y]]
25-02-2004, 02:23 PM
pics willb good thanks

Rowie
25-02-2004, 02:38 PM
Nice work... The Euro's are good value :)

Post some pics mate :)

Slugoid
25-02-2004, 03:04 PM
Welcome, and nice purchase ;)

It it the luxury version or not?? Either way, it's a lovely ride.

bigbuddha
25-02-2004, 06:48 PM
Welcome, and nice purchase ;)

It it the luxury version or not?? Either way, it's a lovely ride.Alas it's non-lux but for another $7-8000 i could live without leather and a sunroof

toE
25-02-2004, 11:40 PM
Welcome buddy. Once again, nice choice of car!

Do post some piccies aye?? :)

euro77
26-02-2004, 06:35 AM
is that the car on your sig pic? i see you got the fog lamp added :D me too! ;)

bigbuddha
26-02-2004, 08:46 AM
is that the car on your sig pic? i see you got the fog lamp added :D me too! ;)Yeah it is the same as the sig pic

I reckon u goto have the fog/driving lights. The car looks incomplete without them. And i also reckon they are essential to have on during the late afternoon when the light is fading. To light for the full lights but dark enough to notify other drivers your around.

ABS121
26-02-2004, 10:07 AM
You get more than just leather and sunroof for the extra money.

electric seats
heated seats
HID headlights with washers
Fog lights
curtain airbags

bigbuddha
26-02-2004, 11:42 AM
yeah true ... but all that stuff i can do without

except i would have liked the curtain airbags - fog lights well i got those as well

ABS121
26-02-2004, 12:54 PM
have you seen the HID lights at night?? they are awesome.

turns night into day, especially in bad weather when you have the driving lights on aswell.

bigbuddha
26-02-2004, 04:09 PM
hmm really .... i might have to do some investigating on that one ... wonder how much they cost to fit

euro77
26-02-2004, 04:43 PM
Unfortunately, having the fog lamp installed makes you unable to have CAI or pod intake system, because the best place to put the pod or cai is behind the fog light :( (this is with minimal modifications of course)
I had to learn it the hard way :x

EuroAccord13
26-02-2004, 05:21 PM
Unfortunately, having the fog lamp installed makes you unable to have CAI or pod intake system, because the best place to put the pod or cai is behind the fog light :( (this is with minimal modifications of course)
I had to learn it the hard way :x

But the Typhoon Intake System allows the kit to be a short ram kit so if you have foggies on the car, you still can use the kit yeah?

A'PEXi
26-02-2004, 06:52 PM
you could get an aftermarket frontbar and relocate the foggies, or have a sri and a heatshield around your pod along with a re-directed cold air pipe from the frontbar :D

euro77
26-02-2004, 10:36 PM
yes, but with short ram kit, your car had the chance of being defected, which I don't intend to want to happen :P

Civic Si
28-02-2004, 08:56 AM
Good purchase!

I luv da Euro's!! :)

ABS121
01-03-2004, 09:01 AM
bigbuddha,

HIDS cost around $1000 plus aftermarket and are illegal in Aust

when fitted standard they come with a self leveling system to compensate for added weight in the rear so as not to blind on comming traffic, and also head light washers or wipers to keep the lens' clean, the washers are manatory.

Also if you fit them the beam pattern will be optimised for halogens and not the HIDS so you will get a crappy spread of light, HID systems have a dead straight cut off, halogens have a slight angling to the left at 45 degrees.