PDA

View Full Version : Review: Jimmeh DVD, How to rebuild a VTEC engine

Flanderz
09-09-2005, 02:35 PM
Hi Guys
Just thought I'd right up a review on a DVD.

1. DVD arrived in a well packed packaged, very well thought out packaging as it took me 15 mins to unwrap. LOL :thumbsup: thanks mate.

2. Popped it into my DVD player, DVD had no scratches whatsoever on it, my DVD player picked it up immediatly and played stright away.

3. The DVD starts off with this american dude looking quite chuffed with himself cause he got a B16a sittin in his garage that he wants to rebuild. The DVD takes you through a process of stripping down and engine and then re-assembling it again. The overal picture quality is medium (after all it is a Home Video) but he manages to get it in all the right spots so you can see what he is un bolting etc. Starts off from him unbolting all the accesories, to taking the intake manifold off, to unbolting the head and the removing all pistons etc. Takes you through the steps of cleaning the block, then re-assembly of the pistons, crank, head etc, until he finaly has a quite clean and finished engine sitting in his garage.

Pros: People looking to learn abit more about how there engine works and how to get some advise on how to take off some of their engine components etc. Good information and shows what is inside ur rice burner if you didn't already know :)

Cons: Not as detailed as it could be, Eg guy just ripped apart then put back together, didn't show some problems you could encounter and how to overcome them. EG dude actually getting the engine out of the car in the first place would have been good. Also guy has an air compressor in the background that is annoying as F&^%, every 2 secs all you hear is the thing goin nuts, not good for thos who have home theater setup as ur ears will be sore after.

Overall score 6 out of 10 , you cant go wrong. :D

bennjamin
09-09-2005, 03:04 PM
edited out obvious free plugs. We dont allow commercial tradings for non-traders.

heist
09-09-2005, 03:19 PM
btw, its not a b16a its a d16y......i also have the dvd...

Flanderz
09-09-2005, 03:46 PM
my badddd, sorry ben wasn't trying to advertise :)

Lukezen27
10-09-2005, 11:07 PM
btw, its not a b16a its a d16y......i also have the dvd...

what D16Y?

Thx LukeZen

wynode
10-09-2005, 11:31 PM
No offense to jimmy here but you might want to actually give credit to the guy who put together the dvd as opposed to the one who sold it to you :)

kenshin
11-09-2005, 10:55 AM
lol..