PDA

View Full Version : [Euro] Power Upgrades

chop_sticks
09-09-2005, 06:14 PM
Im looking to upgrade the power on my euro. Being automatic im already losing a bit of power compared to the manual. At the moment ive only got a BMC carbon fibre C.O.A. With extractors, exhaust and a VAFC2 how much more power could i gain?

Ive also been looking on the net for mods for the euro and cant seem to find much. Is there any good links which sell aftermarket parts for the euro?

Thanks for the help.

Chris_F
09-09-2005, 06:30 PM
got any information on this BMC carbon fibre C.O.A and what extractors do you have?

within a few months (i think) Hondata ecu reflash should be out which will make a substantial difference to the cars perfomance throughout the rev-range. your vafcII will be rendered useless though.

Trying to think of some other performance mods available... some people in the states have done bored throttle body and high flow cat.

From what i've read so far.. extractors and intake is where the power is made mainly, and youve already done that....

Have a go at searching but i dont think many other things besides the basic bolt ons have been covered for the euro (dont know of anyone with upgraded cams etc)

kam
09-09-2005, 07:41 PM
why would you want power from the euro, when you (im assuming) already own, or have owned a wrx, an S15 and another S15 ???

Matell
09-09-2005, 08:01 PM
Yes, I'm with Chris and Kam....more info on this BMC Carbon Fibre C.O.A please...don't you mean C.D.A (Carbon Dynamic Airbox) and what extractors do you have?

Highflow metal catalyst CAT, Hondata IMG, bored throttle body, Hondata reflash when available the list goes on but they're mainly incremental and of little value untill a tuneable ECU is made available.

Have a look here http://www.hondata.com/tuning_the_tsx.html and a quick utilisation of the "search function" may've answered your questions.

Post some pics of your setup :)

Or I'm going to call the B.S flag......

Oh yeah and get rid of those bloody 19"s if you're after performance. Nothing but bling.

tknova
11-09-2005, 09:51 AM
I don't know why people are complaining about the power output of the Euro! It's a NA 4cy 2.4l! Family car. I think the power is pretty good and i've got 19 inch wheels under mine!

If you wanted all that power get a WRX or S15.

I had a WRX and i bought the euro too save $$ on fuel and a car that would be on the road and not in the garage with broken gear boxes & so forth.

tuffAC
11-09-2005, 11:42 AM
I don't know why people are complaining about the power output of the Euro! It's a NA 4cy 2.4l! Family car. I think the power is pretty good and i've got 19 inch wheels under mine!

If you wanted all that power get a WRX or S15.

I had a WRX and i bought the euro too save $$ on fuel and a car that would be on the road and not in the garage with broken gear boxes & so forth.

i second this opinion as people consistently compare the euro to "sports" cars. its not a performance car nor is it a dedicated sports coupe. its a family car with a sporty engine and drive. for what it is the euro is quite an achievement from honda and to the motor industry. factors such as price, equipment levels, build quality and performance all into a 4 door sedan is quite amazing for a car that be bought new for ~$35k BRAND NEW...oh and i forgot reliability aswell...at the end of the day its HORSES for COURSES :wave: