PDA

View Full Version : OBDii/JOBD on the Euros

kanthan
09-09-2005, 07:29 PM
does anyone know if the euros support the obdii interface?

if so, where is the connector located?

Matell
09-09-2005, 08:06 PM
does anyone know if the euros support the obdii interface?

if so, where is the connector located?

Yes of course there is. The Euro is an OBDII car. Open your drivers door, get on your knees, look under the dash beneath the coin holder and VSA button, and you'll find the port right there staring you in the face.

BiLL|z0r
09-09-2005, 08:53 PM
Excuse my ignorance, but what is an OBDII interface?

Matell
09-09-2005, 10:24 PM
Excuse my ignorance, but what is an OBDII interface?

2nd generation of On-Board Diagnostics. The interface is just a plug that you connect an OBDII scanner to (can be hand held, PDA, Laptop based) and check to see if your cars recorded any tell-tale error codes among many other things.

If you want to know more Google is your friend.:thumbsup:

kanthan
10-09-2005, 12:11 AM
thanks for that. looking forward to see what info i can extract from it. still need to work out which unit i am going to get.

eurotrash
11-09-2005, 04:20 PM
Try this link - http://www.auterraweb.com/scantoolbasics.html

wynode
12-09-2005, 05:45 PM
Is the software free or do you have to buy it? Wouldn't mind this on my PDA!

MiSloVic
12-09-2005, 06:57 PM
thanks for that. looking forward to see what info i can extract from it. still need to work out which unit i am going to get.

i'm using the scantool from digimoto .. one of the cheapest around.. (abt $100 bucks only).. problem is that it does not show honda specific codes.. so, stuffs like vtec errors, etc, can't be decoded..
anyway, almost all low-end consumer OBD-2 scantools does not support manufacturer-specific error codes.. unless you are willing to spend thousands of dollars for a honda-specific diagnostic setup, almost all perform the same.