PDA

View Full Version : Jazz VTi-S vs. Civic Vi

Aifa
09-09-2005, 07:43 PM
Being a Civic Vi owner, the Jazz has always intrigued me as a possible alternative choice when it comes to owning a newer model Honda hatchback. So, i was just wondering... in what ways is the Jazz VTi-S better than the Civic Vi??

...I know one things for sure... the VTi-S sure looks a whole lot damn better than the Vi. Thats what got me started on this.

Zimp13
09-09-2005, 07:57 PM
jazz more aftermarket parts and i guess cheaper... its lighter and fun... :)
i like vi as well... if done up looks and performs well

racinghonda
09-09-2005, 08:00 PM
IMO, the Jazz is better built. Its very weird but the quality in the Jazz seems better? The plastics in the interior, the panels, trim etc. Hope I don't offend anyone here. . . . Is the Civic Vi made in Japan?

Aifa
09-09-2005, 08:06 PM
I actually have no idea where the Vi is made, but yeah, i have to say that i am a tad bit disappointed with the trim around the handbrake in the Vi. The rest is fine and i love the unique positioning of the gearbox.

And yea, it must be a lot easier to get parts for the Jazz... im getting hell annoyed with the lack of Vi parts available. :(

vividjazz
09-09-2005, 08:50 PM
Civic uses the old B-Series motor - nothing wrong with its just not the latest technology. Jazz the new more efficient L-Series. Jazz has smaller overall dimensions but about the same amount of interior space but it is more flexible in the Jazz with the magic seats. Jazz is a fresher design. Civic is up for replacement.

You can tell where the Vi is made from its VIN number. You can decode the country of manufacture. They had a list of the codes a short time ago in the drive section of the Herald now that alot of mercs and BMWs are being made in South Africa and the US not Germany and the marques aren't legally required to disclose the country of origin.

ViHatcher
09-09-2005, 09:12 PM
Mine is Made in Japan with VIN starting JHMEU3. old B-series motor :confused: :confused: D17A for EU3 facelift Vi.

I like my Vi. Yes, parts would be hard to find but still some around. http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCESS/automobiles/civic/index.html

Jazz would be fun to drive but I like more space and flat floor on back seat area looks good....Vi suit me with SOHC VTEC compared with the sedan which I was going to get. Went test drive on both and end up getting the Vi instead which is better. With the petrol gone up lately, I am so glad with the traded compact 4wd to Civic..save a lot now on petrol........... :D

vividjazz
09-09-2005, 09:24 PM
See the Asian temple of vtec article on the L-Series engine and you'll understand what I mean about the B and L series engines. http://asia.vtec.net/

I considered the Civic when I bought the Jazz but I can fit more in the Jazz.

Does the Civic have 3 baby seat mounts across the back seat which when the tethers are hooked up don't take any of the boot space?

Aifa
09-09-2005, 09:35 PM
I guess the Jazz does seem to be a bit more innovative, but i doubt it could compare to the Vi when it comes to space. I mean, there's just too much space in the front, middle, back and boot of the Vi. Its just so practical. I can easily hop from front passenger seat to drivers seat since there's so much space in it. However, i found that the Vi is actually the same length as a lot of sedans out there... so yeah... its a bit big for a hatch. :o

As for engine stuff, i looked up the Honda website and it showed that both the VTi-S and Vi use SOHC VTEC, and they both are also LEV (low emission vehicle)... sooo, im guessing that both of them are good with the fuel. Except Jazz is 1.5 litre while Civic is 1.7 litre... but then again the civic is obviously bulkier, lol.

Hmmm, which car would win in a drag??

I like my Vi. Yes, parts would be hard to find but still some around. http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCESS/autom...ivic/index.html I went to that site, saw all the goodies in it, and WHOA!! Thats what im talking about. I want the body kit, suspension, wheels and muffler dammit!! I gotta look into that. Cheers.

civiceg9
09-09-2005, 09:37 PM
IMO, the Jazz is better built. Its very weird but the quality in the Jazz seems better? The plastics in the interior, the panels, trim etc. Hope I don't offend anyone here. . . . Is the Civic Vi made in Japan?

Vi is made in Japan
I saw one at Doncaster dealer with the optional bodykit, doesn't look too bad.
The interior of Vi is high quality soft plastic, not the hard plastic in Jazz, and the interior design is like the Honda Accord. So I don't understand why you say is seem low quality as Japan Honda Factory has the highest QA plus Civic is a high spec car then Jazz.

The new model Jazz, Big Accord and Civic Gli are all from Thailand. Japanese Honda don't manufacture manual Jazz by the way.
Since the free trade agreement with Thailand. We are not able to buy cars another 5% cheaper then last year. Honda Thailand is the 2nd or 3rd largest Honda manufacture.

This is a Jazz forum so I think everyone will say Jazz is better.
The Civic Vi looks like a mini bus to me :D

Aifa
09-09-2005, 09:42 PM
Yeah, i found that the Vi is a bit too 'long'. But hopefully when i put a nice big spoiler on it that can help change the look. :)

Does the Civic have 3 baby seat mounts across the back seat which when the tethers are hooked up don't take any of the boot space?Hmm, i dunno what you mean by that. lol. but probably not in my Vi since i havent seen any perculiar mounts in the bacl.

vividjazz
09-09-2005, 09:45 PM
The new model Jazz, Big Accord and Civic Gli are all from Thailand. Japanese Honda don't manufacture manual Jazz by the way.
Since the free trade agreement with Thailand. We are not able to buy cars another 5% cheaper then last year. Honda Thailand is the 2nd or 3rd largest Honda manufacture.
:D

Jazzes are manufactured in mainland China, Thailand and Japan but I thought the Australian Jazzes were all still only coming out of Japan? Suppose can easlily check from their VIN numbers.

ViHatcher
09-09-2005, 09:47 PM
You can order complete body kit excluding the Modulo emblem on side skirt from any honda dealer here. I got the kit installed myself, which is easy to do...

The rest would needs to be imported from Japan. To be honest, I would go with Mugen sport silencer instead of Modulo muffer. ;)

Aifa
09-09-2005, 09:53 PM
You can order complete body kit excluding the Modulo emblem on side skirt from any honda dealer here. I got the kit installed myself, which is easy to do...

The rest would needs to be imported from Japan. To be honest, I would go with Mugen sport silencer instead of Modulo muffer.

Awesome. I better start saving up for it then. Wait...how much did it cost you for the full kit??

And yea, cant go wrong with Mugen Power!!

vividjazz
09-09-2005, 09:54 PM
Yeah, i found that the Vi is a bit too 'long'. But hopefully when i put a nice big spoiler on it that can help change the look. :)

Hmm, i dunno what you mean by that. lol. but probably not in my Vi since i havent seen any perculiar mounts in the bacl.

In the Mazda 3 if you mount a baby capsule the extra seatbelts hook to the mount located in the middle of the floor of the boot just on the inside of the bumper such that the belt runs right thru the middle of the boot pretty much making the boot useless. Since with kids your carrying strollers and tonnes of other gear this is just stupid.

On the Jazz the mounts are in the roof behind each of the 3 rear seating positions. This means you could have up to 3 baby seats (anymore babies and you'll be buying a people mover) and the tethers to the mounts don't mess with being able to carry stuff in the boot.

With a baby capsule installed I can still carry 4 adults as well as the baby and all its gear. For a car of the Jazzes size this is amazing.

This is one aspect of cars you never consider unless you've got to carry kids. Alot of people have to sell their cars and buy other models for reasons like this though.

civiceg9
09-09-2005, 09:57 PM
Jazzes are manufactured in mainland China, Thailand and Japan but I thought the Australian Jazzes were all still only coming out of Japan? Suppose can easlily check from their VIN numbers.

Mainland China is left hand drive, plus Honda China does not even manufacture enough cars for the local Chinese market.
To keep the cost down, we now have the free trade too, Jazz is now import from Honda Thailand from late last year. Quality is the same as Honda Japan as the plant has all the latest manufacture tools. Is better then US and China the QA. Honda Thailand currently manufacture Fit/Jazz, Fit City, Civic, Civic Hybrid, Accord and CRV.

Is it really important where your car is made from u guys?
I just want quality and affordable price :D

Aifa
09-09-2005, 10:21 PM
Hmm, yeah i guess it doesnt matter where the car was made... :thumbsup:

In the Mazda 3 if you mount a baby capsule the extra seatbelts hook to the mount located in the middle of the floor of the boot just on the inside of the bumper such that the belt runs right thru the middle of the boot pretty much making the boot useless. Since with kids your carrying strollers and tonnes of other gear this is just stupid.

On the Jazz the mounts are in the roof behind each of the 3 rear seating positions. This means you could have up to 3 baby seats (anymore babies and you'll be buying a people mover) and the tethers to the mounts don't mess with being able to carry stuff in the boot.

With a baby capsule installed I can still carry 4 adults as well as the baby and all its gear. For a car of the Jazzes size this is amazing.

This is one aspect of cars you never consider unless you've got to carry kids. Alot of people have to sell their cars and buy other models for reasons like this though.

Ah ok, now i see what you mean. Well since i wasnt sure about where to look in my Vi, i went and checked the Honda website and it said that my Vi has 3x child seat anchorages.... but i still cant find them! Heh, but i can tell you that theyre not on the roof. ;)

vividjazz
09-09-2005, 10:25 PM
Mainland China is left hand drive, plus Honda China does not even manufacture enough cars for the local Chinese market.
To keep the cost down, we now have the free trade too, Jazz is now import from Honda Thailand from late last year. Quality is the same as Honda Japan as the plant has all the latest manufacture tools. Is better then US and China the QA. Honda Thailand currently manufacture Fit/Jazz, Fit City, Civic, Civic Hybrid, Accord and CRV.

Is it really important where your car is made from u guys?
I just want quality and affordable price :D

Yes I do care where my car is made. If I buy a Japanese car I expect it to be made in Japan. Otherwise it is not a Japanese car. A merc made in South Africa is not a German car. If the manufactuers thought disclosure wouldn't make any difference to buyers why are they so afraid to proudly wack a big sticker on a $70,000 c-class merc saying made in South Africa.

There have been a number of issues with the Honda's manufactured in Thailand including CRV, Accord (NOT Euro). Not least of which have been those sold in Thailand. I have a wonderful video of a woman smashing the hell out of her near new CRV in Bangkok because she was just so frustrated with its countless continual problems (It was a big storey on national Thai television).

When I was in Bangkok for the Thai motor show ealier this year they had the Jazz Cool on display which is the 'newly' available model in Thailand with vtec. Though the car looked the same as the Japanese Jazz the quality of materials was noticibly different. The fabrics felt different. Stitching was coming apart (and this was a show car mind you - you'd think you'd put your best on display).

The Thai manufactured Jazzes all have rear disc brakes. If the Australian Jazzes are now coming from Thailand why don't they have rear discs? The Thai manufactured Jazzes all have the antenna mounted in the middle of the roof but at the rear not the front. The Thai manufactured Jazzes all have standard double DIN stereo facias with a normal single DIN CD player not the integrated units we get in Australia. The Thai manufactured Jazz has different front cup holders with a lid. The list of differences goes on and on and on and on and on.

So this means the Jazzes made in Thailand for Australia all have these things changed for the cars they export to us but the ones that go to everywhere else in the world from Thailand are different??? They go to alot of trouble just for us then.

Mainland Chinese Jazzes are being exported to Europe. If they don't have enough for their own Chinese market how come they have enough to export?

Fizz
10-09-2005, 01:13 AM
Oz jazzes are definately built in japan. vividjazz is right about the differences between the thai models and the oz models. the malaysian spec jazz is from thailand and you can tell the difference in built quality compared to the oz spec...altho they do get rear discs.

TypeG
10-09-2005, 01:44 AM
lol
Oz ordered our jazz from thailand for oz market.
if u comparing rear disc, Japan got all leather seat, sunroof and other GOOD stuff which does not even exist in Oz. our jazz are from thailand. sorry to disappointed u guys.

"So this means the Jazzes made in Thailand for Australia all have these things changed for the cars they export to us but the ones that go to everywhere else in the world from Thailand are different??? They go to alot of trouble just for us then."

it do be a problem for Japan if japan special made them for Oz right?

TypeG
10-09-2005, 01:48 AM
"Yes I do care where my car is made. If I buy a Japanese car I expect it to be made in Japan. Otherwise it is not a Japanese car. A merc made in South Africa is not a German car. If the manufactuers thought disclosure wouldn't make any difference to buyers why are they so afraid to proudly wack a big sticker on a $70,000 c-class merc saying made in South Africa."

u will not be a person going to put spoon stuff as MADE IN JAPAN labelled on their boxes are described about the box but not the content as some spoon stuff are made in China but designed in Japan.

vividjazz
10-09-2005, 10:11 AM
"Yes I do care where my car is made. If I buy a Japanese car I expect it to be made in Japan. Otherwise it is not a Japanese car. A merc made in South Africa is not a German car. If the manufactuers thought disclosure wouldn't make any difference to buyers why are they so afraid to proudly wack a big sticker on a $70,000 c-class merc saying made in South Africa."

u will not be a person going to put spoon stuff as MADE IN JAPAN labelled on their boxes are described about the box but not the content as some spoon stuff are made in China but designed in Japan.

Not going to effect me as I'm not rich enough to afford Spoon stuff no matter where its made.

My favourite is the label on a jacket that says genuine leather. The only bit that is leather is the label. Label is true though.

Dreams
10-09-2005, 10:18 AM
oi vividjazz, tell me more about the decoding VIN numbers,
if u know why not try to decode it.

vividjazz
10-09-2005, 10:23 AM
lol
Oz ordered our jazz from thailand for oz market.
if u comparing rear disc, Japan got all leather seat, sunroof and other GOOD stuff which does not even exist in Oz. our jazz are from thailand. sorry to disappointed u guys.

"So this means the Jazzes made in Thailand for Australia all have these things changed for the cars they export to us but the ones that go to everywhere else in the world from Thailand are different??? They go to alot of trouble just for us then."

it do be a problem for Japan if japan special made them for Oz right?

Top of the range Jazz in Japan might have those things and even then some of them are still options. The rest of the range doesn't.

Just because they make a 4WD Jazz in Japan doesn't mean every Jazz in Japan is 4WD. Same flawed logic.

No Jazz sold in Thailand has rear drum brakes. The Thai factory doesn't have drum brakes in their parts inventory. They fly them in specially from Japan each time to install them on the Jazzes they make completely differently just to send to Australia? WOW! Aweful lot of trouble just to rip off those dumb Aussies.

Went to a dealer this morning looked at the VIN on a current model VTi-S Jazz on the showroom floor. It's made in Japan! So the display model that each dealer has is completely different to the ones they sell to customers. Alot of effort to hide the fact that they are secretly made in Thailand but of course there is no quality difference and consumers all don't care where there car is made even if they are told it is made in one place but really made in another. Give us a break or should that be brake.

vividjazz
10-09-2005, 10:32 AM
VIN codes are rocket science - NOT!

The first two digits of your vehicle's 17-character Vehicle Identification Number code may be the only clue where it was assembled. Here are the VIN codes for vehicles on sale in Australia.

VA through VE - Austria

6A through 6W - Australia

YA through YE - Belgium

9A through 9E - Brazil

2A through 2O - Canada

LA through LO - China

YF through YK - Finland

VF through VR - France

SN through ST - Germany

WA through WO - Germany

TR through TV - Hungary

ZA through ZR - Italy

JA through JO - Japan

PL through PR - Malaysia

3A through 3W - Mexico

XL through XR - Netherlands

SU through SZ - Poland

U5 through U7 - Slovak Republic

AA through AH - South Africa

KL through KR - South Korea

VS through VW - Spain

YS through YW - Sweden

ML through MR - Thailand

NL through NR - Turkey

SA through SM - United Kingdom

1A through 1O - United States

4A through 4O - United States

5A through 5O - United States

VIN code not here? Visit http://www.analogx.com/contents/vinview.htm - an online VIN decoder.

So J for Japan & M for Thailand. They don't have one for Hong Kong civiceg9. Maybe FoS.

civiceg9
10-09-2005, 10:54 AM
Alot of cars nowday is not made from the country of origin

Toyota Corolla and Echo, South Africa
Some Benz is from South Africa
BMW 3 series I think is from Vietnam
Civic Type R from England
Some Holdens/Ford/??? are from Korea

Honda in China had a 2nd plant build in GuanZhau, so I am not sure if they export any of the stuff yet. but they say the local market for Honda is always having shortages.

Jap spec Jazz is different to the Aus spec from the antenna, double DIN, climate control, LED lights, 4WD system, multi speed wiper control and if you can read Japanese Rear Disc brake is manufacturer option as on Honda website. (is only available on the 1.5 FF model) Anyway the export model is usually on a different manufacture line to domestic models due to spec difference for that market. Like Holden making commodore for GM for US, UK and Middle East. I don't know if the VIN code is different in Thailand, JHMXXXX is usually on the JDM Hondas that all I know. Anyone here in Thailand or Malaysia/Singapore can tell us your VIN number. :wave: Don't want to make a commotion about it as I don't work for Honda and can't confirm the information. Maybe someone should ring the Honda GM in Aus and ask where our cars are made from. If he gives you the answers. :rolleyes:

Cars are like electronics or everything else, you can buy a new PSP but that does not mean the one you have is made in Japan and will not blow up. Luck of the draw sometimes. Alot of things now days are also outsourced for specific reasons. Tell me what kind of business don't want to put money back in there pockets.

civiceg9
10-09-2005, 10:58 AM
oi vividjazz, tell me more about the decoding VIN numbers,
if u know why not try to decode it.

JHMXXXX is usually the made in Japan. Think it stands for Japan Honda Motors or something. Not sure if it is still valid now, I wonder whats on the Civic, CRV and Accords.

vividjazz
10-09-2005, 11:08 AM
VIN shows country of actual manufacture.

GuanZhau is manufacturing for export to Europe. I don't know about the other factories in China.

The Sydney Morning Herald confirmed the VINS on the CRV and big Accord correspond to the Thai country codes.

You don't need to call the Honda GM in Australia or work for Honda to walk into any Honda dealer and look at the VIN numbers on the cars sitting on the floor. I did this morning instead of talking out of my... If you backpedal enough you'll start to save fuel..

FIT
10-09-2005, 11:41 AM
well i checked mine and its from japan alright.

Region: 1 J Asia
Manufacturer: 2-3 HM Honda
Model Specific: 4-8 GD385 Unknown
Check Digit: 9 0 Invalid
Year: 10 3 2003
Assembly Plant: 11 S S

TypeG
10-09-2005, 12:02 PM
Top of the range Jazz in Japan might have those things and even then some of them are still options. The rest of the range doesn't.

Just because they make a 4WD Jazz in Japan doesn't mean every Jazz in Japan is 4WD. Same flawed logic.

No Jazz sold in Thailand has rear drum brakes. The Thai factory doesn't have drum brakes in their parts inventory. They fly them in specially from Japan each time to install them on the Jazzes they make completely differently just to send to Australia? WOW! Aweful lot of trouble just to rip off those dumb Aussies.

Went to a dealer this morning looked at the VIN on a current model VTi-S Jazz on the showroom floor. It's made in Japan! So the display model that each dealer has is completely different to the ones they sell to customers. Alot of effort to hide the fact that they are secretly made in Thailand but of course there is no quality difference and consumers all don't care where there car is made even if they are told it is made in one place but really made in another. Give us a break or should that be brake.

all jazz from Japan have sunroof. will it be harder to cover the whole and send it to Oz?
all jazz in Japan (old model) only come in auto. will it be funny if Japan dun have manual but export manual to Oz?

TypeG
10-09-2005, 12:09 PM
for rear drum, there got bolt on kit from Honda Japan which is less trouble then remove the sunroof and the antena is in the middle in Japan which is not a small job for Japan to remove it and put in the front

Dreams
10-09-2005, 12:27 PM
here ill show u my frends jazz in indo that is manucaftured from Thailand
http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/9783/built3lf.jpg

for the discbrake thingy from thailand, its not neccesarily, its only on the Vtec jazzes.

kuso
10-09-2005, 12:55 PM
well i checked mine and its from japan alright.

Region: 1 J Asia
Manufacturer: 2-3 HM Honda
Model Specific: 4-8 GD385 Unknown
Check Digit: 9 0 Invalid
Year: 10 3 2003
Assembly Plant: 11 S S

Where to find this. Both of my plates don't say this. Just says when it was made on the front plate near the grill. And the one near the battery just says it was constructed to fit the something car act.

and give like the car name "jazz" and how many seats.

TypeG
10-09-2005, 12:58 PM
dream, what is the number on top of the engine number?

Poeter
10-09-2005, 02:10 PM
JHMXXXX is usually the made in Japan. Think it stands for Japan Honda Motors or something. Not sure if it is still valid now, I wonder whats on the Civic, CRV and Accords.

If you're curious, you can go to www.carsales.com.au. They even publish the VIN for the used cars.

Where to find this. Both of my plates don't say this. Just says when it was made on the front plate near the grill. And the one near the battery just says it was constructed to fit the something car act.

and give like the car name "jazz" and how many seats.

Yea, it's the one near the battery.

You're suppose to be the reading the long string of letters and numbers which represents the info that FIT posted.

I just checked mine, it starts with JHM too, so it's gotta be made in Japan.

I also looked my parent's civic gli '05, first 6 characters were "MRHES1"

for rear drum, there got bolt on kit from Honda Japan which is less trouble then remove the sunroof and the antena is in the middle in Japan which is not a small job for Japan to remove it and put in the front

Just because we dont get rear disc and no sunroof doesn't necessarily means it's not "manufactured" in Japan. I think they would have different assembly lines for export models. So i dont think they're that stupid to make the JDM model and then remove the goodies to call it an export model.

Imo, i think cars made in Japan generally have better quality. When my parents were comparing the vi and gli, the vi had much better interior feel than the gli.
However, my parents bought the gli because of the price and i think it's not worth. It feels more or just as sluggish as my parent's previous camry sv21. They should of forked out the extra k to get the Vi for the long run.

Jus-10
10-09-2005, 02:22 PM
This thread is so funny...so many of you have absolutely NFI....

The Oz Jazz is made in Japan....plain and simple. Just go look in the engine bay and it will say so. It's not hard.

As for the Civic, the Vi is made in Japan and the GLi sedan is made in Thailand.

BMW 3 series sedan is made in South Africa. The coupe/vert and all the engines are still made in Germany.

spoon fit
10-09-2005, 06:39 PM
dream, what is the number on top of the engine number?

classis no.
(forgot how to spell)

gd1_nz
10-09-2005, 09:02 PM
classis no.
(forgot how to spell)

chassis number??

Here in NZ, i am pretty sure all the pre-2004 jazzs were made in japan but not 2 sure abt the newer ones

Aifa
10-09-2005, 09:12 PM
Well, looks like my Vi's VIN also starts with JHM. I prefer Japan-made stuff for some reason anyway.

Also, it appears that the Japanese Honda dealers stock more accessories for the Vi. Their dealers have the optional bigger rims for the Vi, sports suspension, and all these other cool things for the Vi.

vividjazz
10-09-2005, 09:46 PM
all jazz from Japan have sunroof. will it be harder to cover the whole and send it to Oz?
all jazz in Japan (old model) only come in auto. will it be funny if Japan dun have manual but export manual to Oz?

I saw heaps of Fits (Jazzes) in Japan without sunroofs. They must be filling 'em in by the thousands.

You better let everyone in Japan know they are entitled to a free sunroof. Very generous of you to be funding them TypeG. Since your buying thousands of sunroofs for everyone in Japan you can easily afford to buy them for everyone here in Australia too. When can we have them installed?

spoon fit
10-09-2005, 09:49 PM

all jazz from Japan have sunroof!? :confused: :confused: :confused:

TypeG
10-09-2005, 11:28 PM
i saw all Jazz in HK which imported from HK got sunroof built in

anyway just a discussion mate as all i know is the electric plug is different to Japan. go and get LED taillight from Honda Japan and see if u can fit it without modification. It fit straight away for jazz in HK but i cant do it here.

i just see it is completely different to Japan Fit but pretty similar to thai which made to to have this thinking but no hard feeling tho

TypeG
10-09-2005, 11:30 PM
I saw heaps of Fits (Jazzes) in Japan without sunroofs. They must be filling 'em in by the thousands.

You better let everyone in Japan know they are entitled to a free sunroof. Very generous of you to be funding them TypeG. Since your buying thousands of sunroofs for everyone in Japan you can easily afford to buy them for everyone here in Australia too. When can we have them installed?

yeah, bring yr car here and i make one for u. u dare?

vividjazz
10-09-2005, 11:46 PM
yeah, bring yr car here and i make one for u. u dare?

All 190cm and 100kg of me from Western Sydney is shaking in my steel capped boots. Had some punks crush the roof of my Swift GTI a few years ago. There were 3 of them and one of me. They aren't bothering anyone anymore.

Fizz
11-09-2005, 02:46 AM
doesnt mean that if Oz jazzes are built in japan it has to get the exact same spec as a JDM model. i believe they build ours according to the selected specifications that honda australia requested. there are a few manufacturers who does the same thing also, they build different specification models for different markets...all at the very same factory. a good example of this would be to look at holden.

spoon fit
11-09-2005, 07:11 AM

different market :rolleyes:

Dreams
11-09-2005, 10:56 AM
well from the pic you can just see its start with M,
and clearly state the origin THAILAND!.

the VIN location is different with oz market.

Philip Lee
12-09-2005, 09:50 AM

yeah man, also all 1.3 too and with 2DIN centre console as well.

where does our 1.5 comes from?? it must be made up but Honda Aust. damn u honda.................... :rolleyes:

muli
14-09-2005, 11:14 AM
i was thinking how a Civic Vi engine would go in a jazz, its got 96kw. I drove one but the engine seems to boring and lacks life.

TypeG
14-09-2005, 05:47 PM
just drop K20A in then or turbo it

Aifa
14-09-2005, 06:54 PM
Turbo a Vi??

Jus-10
15-09-2005, 10:27 AM
Turboing the Vi ould be easy....it's just a d-series and we all know by now how well that motor can respond to forced induction!

TypeG
15-09-2005, 12:08 PM
nono
someone ask how will a Vi engine drop in a Jazz right?
i think turbo or drop a K20A will be better as Vi is kind of useless and waste of money

ViHatcher
15-09-2005, 01:29 PM
u like what u buy...that all I can said...

Jus-10
15-09-2005, 03:48 PM
oh for sure....dropping the D17 in to the Jazz would be a waste of time and money. Better off turboing the L15

Dreams
16-09-2005, 09:49 AM
i like how the topic swerve to an engine swap. :D

hey Gas, satisfy it still from THAILAND??

TypeG
16-09-2005, 11:49 AM
i dun mind
i just like my jazz

jtanoyo1
18-09-2005, 08:57 PM
I got both cars in my house. No offense but the vi just seems a lot older next to the Jazz.

swat
19-09-2005, 11:51 PM
i had both as well i think the JAZZ is bit smaller than CIVIC but save 2-3L/100

they both for daily using.....i reckon.....