PDA

View Full Version : Black carpet for EG?.. Integra/EG carpet?

Paul1985
10-09-2005, 01:42 AM
Hey,
I know u can get black integra carpet into an EG and it is a near perfect fit but at the back the carpets a little short near the seats, i dont understand why people do this if u can get EG carpet in black, surely that would be a perfect fit. Maybe its hard to come across, anyone know? It sure confuses me?

Keep in mind i will be doing an integra dash conversion in the EG also. Maybe the integra carpet fits better around the arm rest???

Im wondering if there are any differences in the black DC2 and EG carpets apart from size and shape??

Im just wondering which carpet to source.
Did any AUDM EG Hatch's have black carpet, or do i have to find it from an EG6?

Anyone know if its possible to buy black EG carpet from a honda dealership (spare parts)?

If any traders are reading this and can get me EG carpet in black, hit me up, im interested :thumbsup:

Thanks,
Paul

heist
10-09-2005, 11:31 AM
dude, just get it custom made, wouldnt be that expensive..

BlitZ
10-09-2005, 11:39 AM
how much is custom carpets?
i might get them in red

heist
10-09-2005, 12:17 PM
i couldnt tell ya, but im sure it wouldnt be that expensive....

EG5[KRT]
10-09-2005, 03:34 PM
why u need carpet for !!! strip it !!!!! light weight and is better on fuel :p

EGB16A
10-09-2005, 06:01 PM
a mate got new carpet in black for his cortina, and it only cost him a couple of hundred... i figure its cheaper for an EG cause its smaller.

as for dc2 carpet, i'd imagine its easier to get black dc2 carpet than it is black EG carpet... i can't comment on size though.

danish
10-09-2005, 06:07 PM
Isn't there a place that advertises in fastfours/hot4s/street machine/etc that sells new carpets for just about every model car you can think of??

I'll have a look through my mags tonight and post them up.

Hadamona
10-09-2005, 07:31 PM
http://www.knoxautocarpets.com.au/ and http://www.tru-fitcarpets.com.au/ come to mind...

Lukezen27
10-09-2005, 08:18 PM
I got quoted $460 for custom job in RED

VTC-8OY
11-09-2005, 02:02 AM
can get in done custom made moulded from auto retrim shops for round FREE HUNDRED DORRARS mate

Paul1985
11-09-2005, 04:33 PM
i might get an integra one and see how i go.. if it doesnt fit properly i might need to get a custom one.

i think the EG ones would just be harder to come across..

incoming
11-09-2005, 05:10 PM
i just wana know... ur putting dc2 carpets in ur sedan right??
i think its gona come up alot shorter then u think...
in a EG hatch it might work... but sedan carpet is alot longer..

if ur gona go ahead with the dc2 dash conversion theres other things to think about...
1. the dc2 dash is black, ur door trims are grey..
2. the gaps from the dash to the door trim dont line up properly (cutting and re-vinyling the door trim is required so the door can close)..
3. the dash actually sits higher then the door trim and its noticeable
4. u have to cut parts of the metal frame behind the dash to make the dc2 dash fit right

i found all this info on honda-tech though i cant find the link anymore..
i was thinking about doing the same thing in my EG but its more work then i thought so i decided not too..
if u do it buddy, make sure u do a write up for us! :wave:

edit: found link
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1211255

incoming
11-09-2005, 05:29 PM
lol Paul1985
i just re-read the thread and noticed u already found the link

dude make sure u do a write up!

Paul1985
12-09-2005, 11:50 PM
i just wana know... ur putting dc2 carpets in ur sedan right??
i think its gona come up alot shorter then u think...
in a EG hatch it might work... but sedan carpet is alot longer..

if ur gona go ahead with the dc2 dash conversion theres other things to think about...
1. the dc2 dash is black, ur door trims are grey..
2. the gaps from the dash to the door trim dont line up properly (cutting and re-vinyling the door trim is required so the door can close)..
3. the dash actually sits higher then the door trim and its noticeable
4. u have to cut parts of the metal frame behind the dash to make the dc2 dash fit right

i found all this info on honda-tech though i cant find the link anymore..
i was thinking about doing the same thing in my EG but its more work then i thought so i decided not too..
if u do it buddy, make sure u do a write up for us! :wave:

edit: found link
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1211255

will do :thumbsup:
it will be going into a breeze, not my sedan... but i wont be doing it for a while. Ill be sure to take plenty of pics.

1. im trying to source some EG6 door trims in black, if unsuccessful then ill be using vinyl dye.
2. ill prob go ghetto with the doors and heat them up and slam shut as u may have read, thats how alot of the people have been doing it. (if i mess it up, then im in a bit of trouble, lol.. ill get a pro to fix it up if i do)
3. IMO still looks heaps better than the stock EG dash. There are gaps which is the big downside to this swap.
4. u dont have to cut the metal, u can cut a heap of plastic off the dash instead.

I havent seen any AUDM EG's with this conversion done, has anyone on this forum done it before?