PDA

View Full Version : Is there a mobile phone mute wire available on the 05 model?

BiLL|z0r
10-09-2005, 04:32 PM
I have an in-car phone system from my old car (you know, mic, speaker, control box etc) but wondering if/how to install in the Euro, if possible?

My phone has bluetooth but it's no where near as clear as the car system. My boss has an XR6T and his oem dash molded stereo had a phone mute wire near the fuse box. I can't find anything in the owners manual about it.

ITRBoI
10-09-2005, 04:43 PM
there should be in there somewhere, cause my mate LOC888 has a bluetooth kit and he got it hooked up to the deck. It should be a thin black wire hanging lose behind the deck somewhere

madjace
10-09-2005, 06:35 PM
there are ways around it if it doesnt ( using relays )

kanthan
11-09-2005, 11:31 AM
2004 does not have it....

BiLL|z0r
11-09-2005, 12:08 PM
2004 does not have it....
Thx, I assume my 05 wouldn't then. I'm hopefully gettin a new work phone soon anyway so the bluetooth might better on that 1.

bigdongers
11-09-2005, 03:06 PM
as far as i know, the euros need a relay to switch off power to the head unit to mute the stereo.

BiLL|z0r
11-09-2005, 04:26 PM
Meh, cbf screwing with it then and pulling the dash apart.

kanthan
12-09-2005, 06:49 AM
i installed a nokia bluetooth kit in the car and i just switch the sterior off when i get a call. I spoke to a few dealers and installers and they were all a bit weary on playing behind the headunit for the sake of installing a kit. have a look in the tech docs...i posted a pdf with the audio setup as copied from the technical manual from a dealer.

from my understanding, when u cut the power the audio, u cut the power to the A/C as well. The only way you can do it is to run an individual relay to each speaker. not worth the hassle as the install will cost more than the phone kit.

btw...if u choose the nokia kit, i suggest you install it into the switch holder on the right hand side of the steering wheel. if u sell the car, u can replace the switch holder with a new one. this way u dont need to drill a whole into any other plastic.

BiLL|z0r
12-09-2005, 07:07 AM
Thanks kanthan.

You're right, not worth the trouble. I'll have a look a the doco anyway,

hayden_vps
03-06-2008, 11:57 PM
from my understanding, when u cut the power the audio, u cut the power to the A/C as well. The only way you can do it is to run an individual relay to each speaker. not worth the hassle as the install will cost more than the phone kit.

Parrot kits have individual relays for each speaker, and are excellent kits