PDA

View Full Version : Stock Honda Accord MP3 Player is it worth it?

bigbuddha
25-02-2004, 06:27 PM
I've tried to get a look at what the stock honda accord mp3 player looks like but can't get a proper pic of it or example of one.

Anyone know if they are anygood or worth getting they are pretty expensive but i'd like to keep things looking factory

bigdongers
25-02-2004, 06:46 PM
I dont think its worth it.

It doesnt look very factory either. they take out your lower cubby hole with lid and install a new bracket that houses the mp3 player. that means you looks the storage space and the lid. the mp3 player just sticks out the bottom. I got a accessories brochure with a pic if you want to see it. I just need to scan it. let me know.

bigbuddha
25-02-2004, 07:11 PM
yeah that would be handy at least to have a little look at it i might even just get the mp3 brace that they use to put my alpine unit it heheehhe

neilmacdonald
25-02-2004, 09:10 PM
the Honda unit is quite ugly, has no display for track info and causes you to lose the bin lid/cover. It uses CD media and plays both MP3 and WMA. (so only 650Mb)

It is also quite expensive, I was quoted $900 + for the unit. Given this I could buy a 40Gb iPod or Nomad and an Auxil connector, for much less.

The one advantage it does have is that you can still use your steering wheel controls. Although I did see this (ICELink for 03+ Honda Accord / Acura 04 TL / TSX (http://densionusa.com/merchant/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=I_HONDA_PIO& Category_Code=IA)) for the iPod, which may or may not work with the OZ Euro.

euro77
26-02-2004, 06:39 AM
For $900 you can get a lot better aftermarket HU that plays CD & MP3.
Personally, I won't spend my money on genuine Honda audio stuff.