PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull have bought Minardi.

LUD02C
11-09-2005, 11:09 AM
Red Bull have reached an agreement with Paul Stoddart to buy Minardi, they confirmed at Spa-Francorchamps on Saturday.

The soft drinks giant, who already own Red Bull Racing, will take control of Minardi on November 1, when they will set about shaping an independent team designed to nurture drivers on their development programme.

Stoddart had held talks with Red Bull over the last week and they have on Saturday concluded an agreement which the Australian aviation millionaire hailed as "good news for Minardi".

Full press release...

Today, at the Spa-Francorchamps circuit, an agreement was reached whereby, from 1st November 2005, Austria's Red Bull GmbH will take over all the company shares of the Minardi Formula 1 team and will be responsible for running the team. Red Bull will therefore run two Formula 1 teams from the start of the 2006 season onwards.

The second team will be positioned as a "Rookie Team" and this and the current Red Bull Racing will operate independently of one another and compete against one another on the track.

The main reasons for Red Bull deciding to enter a second team starting in the 2006 Formula 1 World Championship are:

1. Red Bull has more talented drivers than it has available cockpits. This meant there were only two ways of helping up-coming drivers: either place them in other teams or to increase the number of cockpits available to us. After much careful thought, Red Bull decided to go with the second of these options.

2. Looking at the current state of Formula 1 we feel that the second team will be able to maintain its current assets while also being able to generate its own income in the future, in order to become almost self- financing.

3. This acquisition also means that Red Bull now has a second vote in any matters raised regarding the future of Formula 1.

At the moment, no decisions have been taken as regards the name of the team, its management nor its drivers.

Paul Stoddart will be leaving Formula One at the end of October having sold his Minardi F1 team to Red Bull Racing.

Red Bull announced earlier on Saturday that they would acquire 100 per cent of the shares in the Minardi team by no later than November 1, 2005, which means Stoddart's time in the sport will soon be over.

"From a purely personal standpoint, I am going to be very sad to leave this paddock and the sport I love,"

"I have always said, however, that I would consider selling the team if a serious potential buyer could meet certain key conditions.

As for the deal, the Australian said: "Specifically, I wanted to be convinced of the following: (1) there was sufficient personal commitment and commercial backing in place to move the team to a level of competitiveness that I could not; (2) the team would continue to be based in Italy; and (3) the majority of team personnel would have a stable future."

"After detailed discussions with Dr Mateschitz’s representatives, I am satisfied that Red Bull meets all of these criteria, and on that basis, I have agreed to sell the team."

Stoddart also took the time to thank his Minardi personnel.

"I want to thank everyone at Minardi for their unflagging support over the five years of my ownership. It may be the smallest team currently on the Formula One grid, but it definitely possesses the largest heart."

"It would be entirely fitting, and not beyond the realms of possibility, to see Fernando Alonso, who started his career with Minardi in 2001, crowned as the youngest-ever Formula One World Drivers' Champion here (Spa) tomorrow."

kenshin
11-09-2005, 11:14 AM
wow... beat me to it jas... was suprised no one up to now has mentioned it...

have to wait and see if its a good move...

Vivski
11-09-2005, 02:39 PM
Are they going to buy Williams and McLaren too? Seems like they want to take over the championship.

^^v
11-09-2005, 05:33 PM
lolz poor Minardi... n stoddard... the guy needs some sleep!
wonder if they can step up next year

bigteethygrin
11-09-2005, 08:00 PM
great move from redbull.. good to see how fast they are progressing into f1. not long before they become a front runner i reckon. What will be interesting is to see if they will run the same cars or different chasis for each team,.. and also the engine supplies.

[ slayer ]
13-09-2005, 12:47 PM
yeh shame to see minardi and stoddard gone... but big step up for rbr, they must be fully loaded to be able to afford to run 2 teams...

Vivski
13-09-2005, 07:07 PM
I'll say! Imagine the financial input to an F1 team. Mind boggling.

^^v
13-09-2005, 07:20 PM
even thought redbull own two teams now... still dun think their annual expenditure will equates to that of the bigger teams... ie... Ferrari.. Toyota.. etc...

kenshin
13-09-2005, 07:31 PM
also cuts cost running 2 teams in tandem than it will to run 2 teams independant from one another.

TwEigh
13-09-2005, 08:21 PM
I wonder if those two team will help each other in testing etcetc,
If both team have same packages then it really a big advantage to the team

I guess $2.50 Can of redbull that we buy frequently has more than 90% profit in it..
Wouldnt suprise me if we see CocaColaF1 team in the next few years.

LUD02C
13-09-2005, 08:41 PM
Red Bull racing owns Red Bull Racing and Red Bull Pty Ltd owns Minardi.
Two seperate companies.

^^v
13-09-2005, 09:00 PM
Red Bull racing owns Red Bull Racing and Red Bull Pty Ltd owns Minardi.
Two seperate companies.

yep thats right.. n im pretty sure they'll have two different engine suppliers...
RBR with Ferrari... RB Junior? with Cosworth...

TwEigh
13-09-2005, 10:08 PM
but RED Bull racing must get their fund from redbull ptyltd right?

LUD02C
14-09-2005, 06:33 PM
but RED Bull racing must get their fund from redbull ptyltd right?

I thought that.
But I had some people telling me that they own and run different things which makes them millions and millions a year.
Plus they have there own sponsors etc.

I would love to see the finer print of this.

bigteethygrin
14-09-2005, 10:19 PM
surely they have a single title ownership further up the food chain. We will likely see the rookies that they bring in graduate to drive with rbr later on as part of their contracts.

Hopefully not close enough linked that we see some suspicious blocking tactics.

civ_sik
19-09-2005, 10:13 PM
yep my mate is pretty cut lol (his dad been paul stoddart)

^^v
20-09-2005, 12:07 AM
yep my mate is pretty cut lol (his dad been paul stoddart)

ur mates dad is Paul Stoddart? :eek:

jackosimm
20-09-2005, 05:48 PM
I thought that.
But I had some people telling me that they own and run different things which makes them millions and millions a year.
Plus they have there own sponsors etc.

I would love to see the finer print of this.

I never new any of this, very interesting and yep I would love to hear about what's the deal with it. I heard about them purchasing minardi while i was away too, however little details. Wonder how it'll work out

civ_sik
21-09-2005, 11:45 AM
ur mates dad is Paul Stoddart? :eek:

yeh he is lol but he rarely sees him usually goes to a couple of gps a year but. he dosnt really do anything at all (have a job or study or anything) just chills and has lots of stuff...

^^v
21-09-2005, 11:49 AM
yeh he is lol but he rarely sees him usually goes to a couple of gps a year but. he dosnt really do anything at all (have a job or study or anything) just chills and has lots of stuff...

soundz lik a mad lifestyle ahahaha...

jackosimm
21-09-2005, 06:04 PM
soundz lik a mad lifestyle ahahaha...

ill second that! So whats ol Pauly going to for a quid now?

LUD02C
25-09-2005, 04:55 PM
He owns European Airlines.
They are going well not so well, so he is going back to get them going again.

TwEigh
25-09-2005, 05:34 PM
I really didnt expect this.
I was expecting for Hyudai or KIA join F1, using their own engine.
maybe later in the future..
Perhaps, there is another 1 new team later on, which make 11 teams in total

milkman
27-09-2005, 04:03 PM
How the hell is Red Bull so rich?! don't they just make them energy drinks? or are they involved in other things? they seem to be in all facets of racing!

LUD02C
27-09-2005, 05:11 PM
Any multi-Million dollar company makes money from one thing and then spreads it wings into other things which makes them more money.

j3z3z
27-09-2005, 08:33 PM
RED BULL! red bull is involved in not only motorsports but extreme sports ie bmx everything mountain bike everything, skiing, snowboarding, base jumping, jumping out of anything!!! they hit the young market witch makes up a big share of there profits! and if you could please head to www.forzaminardi.com and sign the petition to keep the minardi name in f1 as redbull plans on changing this well known great name!!! cheers

evil_mike
01-10-2005, 01:22 PM
I read on a media report that the Red Bull team will be implementing the Ferrari engine next year, hence calling themselves Red Bull Ferrari as of 2006.

Wonder if the Minardi team will follow in the same footsteps or are they still going to be running on the same Jaguar engine.

j3z3z
01-10-2005, 08:21 PM
I read on a media report that the Red Bull team will be implementing the Ferrari engine next year, hence calling themselves Red Bull Ferrari as of 2006.

Wonder if the Minardi team will follow in the same footsteps or are they still going to be running on the same Jaguar engine.

word is redbull racing ferrari and redbull jr racing ferrari :S at least red bull racing minardi and yes both redbull teams will run ferrari motors

Vivski
02-10-2005, 01:01 AM
I heard they wanted a Red Bull Team USA. But I'm not sure if that idea has legs.

^^v
02-10-2005, 08:25 PM
word is redbull racing ferrari and redbull jr racing ferrari :S at least red bull racing minardi and yes both redbull teams will run ferrari motors

i thought minardi (red bull jr?) were running with a detuned cosworth v10 for next season..?

j3z3z
03-10-2005, 02:19 PM
i was reading autosport as cosworth have shelved any plans to continue with v10 as they have extensive expierience with v8. and minardi were going to stay with cosworth but once redbull took over they signed another contract with ferrari but it is unclear wheather they will be running with ferraris spare v10s detuned

LUD02C
04-10-2005, 09:53 AM
I'm sure Red Bull jnr is running a cosworth V8 next year, while Red Bull Racing has the Ferrari engine.