PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Air/Fuel ration gauge install

my_honda
12-09-2005, 10:32 AM
:wave: Hey guys,

Got a 5th gen Si lude. Need some help installing an Air/Fuel guage that i bought over the weekend. It's a Auto Meter Cobolt item which has the black lit background. It says it needs to be attached to the 02 sensor from the stock ecu. Just don't know which is the wire for that. Will go to a auto electrician but thought i would bring it up with you guys.
Thanks.

poweredbyhonda
12-09-2005, 01:04 PM
Get the install manual from Apexi for the Pen Turbo Timer. Follow the O2 wire that is used for the turbo timer on the diagram.

BiGANG
12-09-2005, 01:52 PM
the o2 sensor is the thing hanging off the exh manifold on your car. the guage would read off that. you will see the wires hanging off it. just splice onto them.

string
12-09-2005, 09:23 PM
Oh yeah, what a useful piece of equipment right there...

Why the hell anyone would pay $150+ or so for ricey gauges like this escapes me completely.

Whip out haynes and checkout the wiring diagrams, failing that, lookup your ecu pin-outs and find the wire that way.

Paying someone to install gauges :thumbdwn:

ECU-MAN
12-09-2005, 10:36 PM
its the white wire of the O2 Sensor

Catcha
12-09-2005, 10:52 PM
Those guages are a waste of money and are inaccurate, as its only uses narrow band as a sensor...you need a something that reads wide band to give you real time indication of whats happening with your air/fuel ratio.

my_honda
13-09-2005, 01:18 PM
cheers for the help guys....for the others that dis the gauge...then think that if someone did pay $150 for it...I got it for $50 off a mate selling his car. Just need to get some info for this little DIY of mine for this weekend.
thanks again.

string
13-09-2005, 02:50 PM
Doesn't matter how much it cost you. They are useless even if you get them for free...

Catcha
13-09-2005, 11:31 PM
Doesn't matter how much it cost you. They are useless even if you get them for free...

exactly another rice guage to add to the collection