PDA

View Full Version : EG civic gl rear sway bar conversion

Vtec_inside
12-09-2005, 12:46 PM
dude i got a eg gl . wanted to add a rear sway bar onto it. From factory it does not come with a rear sway bar. What is the cheapest and easist way to get a rear under sway bar onto this car.

Had a look on whiteline website, but the car sdoes not have the mounting braket and little arm on the outside that fits onto LCA.

any help appciated.

Terry
12-09-2005, 12:59 PM
check your lower arm.....should have a hole to put the sway bar.......some trader here can sell you whiteline sway bar lower then the recommended retail price.......;)

bennjamin
12-09-2005, 02:59 PM
your subframe and Lower control arms come with the ability to bolt on another stock or aftermarket swaybar + reinforcement.
So , you can get either a stock eg si/vti swaybar , OR say a whiteline kit and it should fit fine.

egads
12-09-2005, 07:50 PM
ive actually looked at some GLs and the LCAs are different to Si/Vti. they dont have the hole for the end links.

bennjamin
12-09-2005, 07:52 PM
ive actually looked at some GLs and the LCAs are different to Si/Vti. they dont have the hole for the end links.

if thats the case , then new/used eg si/vti lower control arms are needed !

Vtec_inside
13-09-2005, 03:04 AM
fair enuff i have alook 2 mrow to see if original has the holes in them. if not might have to drill the hole or get 2nd hand lca

michael_antoi
13-09-2005, 08:13 AM
can someone tell me the difference between stock and aftermarket sway bars?

Eclipsor
13-09-2005, 08:21 AM
I fitted a delsol swaybar to my eg breeze. Parts you will need are:

swaybar off a delsol/si/vti
lower control arms off the same car
2 x brackets to bolt onto subframe + 4 bolts??
2 x u bracket to bolt swaybar onto other bracket + 4bolts
2 x rubber inserts for said u bracket
2 x big ass bolt to bolt ends of swaybar onto lca
2 x end links + 2 bolts
2 x bushings to space out the endlinks etc on said big ass bolt ( i had to get these new $20 each or something ridiculous)
2 x washers

I think thats it. if you have a look around you can see pics I had up somewhere asking if I had everything on right. gl

ps. difference afaik with whiteline is just a thicker bar. Can make a big difference though.

michael_antoi
13-09-2005, 08:42 AM
how did the handling feel after u put them on your breeze?

Eclipsor
13-09-2005, 04:08 PM
Well I changed it about the same time I put stiffer springs in and together they improved the handling quite markedly.

Vtec_inside
16-09-2005, 04:09 AM
you got a picture on the gl u did the conversion on Eclipsor. Let me know man. Cause i got the sway bar, the little arm at the end of sway bar and the u braket with bushes on them.

if their is a pic i can work out what i need. ta

egSi
16-09-2005, 08:08 AM
whiteline make a swaybar kit for egs with no oem bars, itll be easy and could be cheaper than gettin all the other stuff together, and btw itll be thicker than the honda oem 14mm one ;)

[[d a n n y]]
16-09-2005, 08:50 AM
you got a picture on the gl u did the conversion on Eclipsor. Let me know man. Cause i got the sway bar, the little arm at the end of sway bar and the u braket with bushes on them.

if their is a pic i can work out what i need. ta

i;m doing mine this weekend

if u want to know more

plz pm me..