PDA

View Full Version : Question

EuroAccord13
26-02-2004, 12:09 AM
I've always been an NA boy since I got bored with Turbo cars..

Just wondering, with the high compression the Euros are running, how many PSI is safe without actually changing to low compression pistons whilst making it drivable and safe and not exploding like my magna?

Also NOS system, wet or dry? I heard Wet is safer but with a 50/75HP NOS, dry system is safe too...

CHEERS
Nick

poid
26-02-2004, 07:49 AM
nitrous aint street legal, so i wouldnt put too much thought into it

The compression ratio is around 10.5:1 i think, so its lowish boost territory. I dont think there have been too many turbo Euro's going around yet, but the engine seems to be a strong one. Turbo kits (and supercharger kits) are in development.

I've only seen one turbo K24 accord (wasnt a Euro, but the 4 cyl US accord) and it was running 6psi

EuroAccord13
26-02-2004, 05:23 PM
I don't know much about Hondas and their engines but I've heard it's a challenge to run HPT because of the compression in the stock engines..

As for NOS, I've heard that the laws in Victoria allows u to have one in the car, as long as it's not connected :P :P :P

So I guess that running a mild T/C application say, 6-8 psi on stock internals should be safe then....