PDA

View Full Version : Ripped off?? Offset Question

SiReal
12-09-2005, 07:06 PM
Anyway...I bought a set of rims of eBay, and on it, it say +30 so I thought sweet! But when I received them, on the back it said ET 5|3 so is this +53? I also noticed it was taken off an Estima/Tarago (it was written on the rim) which is offset +50. So did I get jibbed? I believe so. This was over 45 days ago, so no PayPal reimbursement. Anyway, i've attached the pic. The 5|3 is located at the middle left of the picture. well 9 o'clock in perve speak.

http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/7717/vipexceeder039nx.jpg

bumography
12-09-2005, 07:18 PM
that number is not the offset

SiReal
12-09-2005, 07:25 PM
oh ok hehe..thanks...then just wondering wehre can i find that magical number? thanks for your help

bennjamin
12-09-2005, 07:34 PM
you can measure up the offset yourself JUST to make sure -

Take your rim , place it on its edge - and use an accurate ruler to find the centreline of the width. Then , measure the distance from the hub-mount plate (where your rim moutsn to teh wheel hub) TO the "centreline". This , is your offset.

http://www.enkei.co.jp/en/images/elem_local_t_know_sketch03.gif

Zdster
12-09-2005, 08:17 PM
Just to add what to Ben said - your measurement should be in millimetres.

SiReal
12-09-2005, 09:12 PM
thanks guys. i'll let u know my findings when i do it tomorrow with better light.

bumography
13-09-2005, 02:15 AM
dude
even if the offset is correct if the rim is too wide then it wont fit.

SiReal
13-09-2005, 09:10 AM
this rim was going to go on a nissan maxima, so width wasnt an issue. anyway. but sh1ts me how i got cheated from an ebay seller. fvken c!@t

Zdster
13-09-2005, 03:13 PM
So what did the offset come out as?

bumography
13-09-2005, 04:49 PM
Which model maxima is this?
because afaik there were some that came out as FWD
I happen to know the seller of these wheels, and they are VIP big ass rims, there is no way they are +53 offset, i've seen these in person and they're more likely to fit big skylines. (with close to centre offset like +30)

you said ..."so width wasnt an issue" .. you are wrong.

BTW the seller is also on the forums

SiReal
13-09-2005, 05:39 PM
Which model maxima is this?
because afaik there were some that came out as FWD
I happen to know the seller of these wheels, and they are VIP big ass rims, there is no way they are +53 offset, i've seen these in person and they're more likely to fit big skylines. (with close to centre offset like +30)

you said ..."so width wasnt an issue" .. you are wrong.

BTW the seller is also on the forums

Well this was for an A32 maxima..yes I understand width is an issue but for this particular car, its is ok. in the states, i've read countless times they've fit 8" and 9" wheels under the guards of their Infiniti i30s. Trust me...i've done my homework =)

Well I rang bob jane and they confirmed that what is stated as ET 53 is in fact 53 offset. The seller in adeilaide was very polite and he was from HK and I did enjoy dealing with him.. But when i went to lodge a statement, he was very impolite and rude and i felt like i was being talked to like a child (I believe it was a different person) and infact made me feel very angry.

Also, what was written on these rims were "estima" aka or similar to tarago. tarago's have a +50 offset. So all things are leaning more towards the +53 written inside of the wheel. But thanks anyway for your advice and input ..it is much appreciated. I;m still at work ..so i will ahve to check tonight and post it up.

SiReal
13-09-2005, 09:14 PM
Alright guys. Well I measured this up. Before you read this take note that I completed high school with good marks, completed uni wtih good marks and currently have a full time job at Telstra so no i am not a dumbass who cant do maths :D

Width of rim - 200mm
Half of rim - 100mm

Wheel face to top of rim -155mm with small margin of error.
Hence doing some maths and diagrams, from face to half is 55mm. Which brings me to the point of confirming that yes it is +53.

Now. I ask a question to the seller since he is on this site and I have some clues. Since you CLEARLY stated +30 on your ad, and even though it has been 2 months, is it not your customer care of duty to provide a refund when you have CLEARLY sold me something that was not as described? Would you expect the same if you bought soemthing from Dick Smith? I know I would. Not just customer care, but also the issue of moral practices. I'll let you guys decide. I don't expect I would get a refund. The reason why its 2 months is because I let them sit in the garage until someone mentioned on this forum that the offset is written on the inside. So i decided to investigate. They have not even been used since I received them.

bumography
14-09-2005, 01:41 AM
apologies, i thought you bought the WORK Monster Rims off him

SiReal
14-09-2005, 08:55 AM
Perhaps out of courtesy, you should let him read this thread and see if he has any compassion, as opposed to outright greed.

kid_dynamite
15-09-2005, 05:01 PM
Even if it is outside of 45 days you can still take some action.
I bought an amp from the states and after three months nothing arrived.
Ebay claim was a bit so-so, nothing really happened, Paypal claims rely on the seller responding, and if they don't can't do much.

But I lodged a chargeback with my bank the credit card was with, and then Paypal starting taking action. The seller couldn't provide proof he sent the item, and then as a result my money was refunded in full. Try that perhaps?