PDA

View Full Version : progressive springs

michael_antoi
13-09-2005, 05:57 PM
could someone please explain this further to me because i'm finding it a little hard to understand

"Progressive springs offer a soft inital spring rate for a plush ride. Pregressively wound design provides increased resistance to bottoming as spring compresses. Improves handling while retaining OEM geometry. Made in the U.S.A. "

also, i bought a set of king springs super lows, and it's dropped it to a certain height, will this get lower at all? Or is it pretty much gonna be this height for good. I do want it to be a little lower.

SINISTR
13-09-2005, 06:22 PM
Mike,

Progressive 'RATE' springs are basically designed to offer smooth street ride, but when you push them hard around corners their rate changes and they stiffen.

I have H&R Variable Rate (same type of thing) coils in my gen2 Crx (the one that you don't like much :P ). While the ride is still smooth on lowered springs - some bumps are taken in thesame way as a stiffer coilover. when i enter a corner - they stiffen up and act in thesame way as a sports spring.

They are basically normal coil rate on one end and thicker, more bunched up coils on the other end.

Hope that makes sense?

michael_antoi
13-09-2005, 06:27 PM
yeh sorta get what u mean...

and about ur crx lol, i was saying in that thread the it looks like a lot of damage for a car that was just bumped in the back, :)

but anywayz, will my car get any lower or will it stay at this height?

bennjamin
13-09-2005, 06:30 PM
the springs should "settle" over time and lower a tiny bit more.