PDA

View Full Version : A little help before purchase a VTi-R.

DHOCHKG
13-09-2005, 11:47 PM
Hi All,
Im currently lookin for a integra.
i saw one is 1993 model VTi-r done 178000K
i knew the different between 93 model is thay dont hav sunroof...!
what elsa?
also i want to know how to check the VTEC is workin prob or not..?when is it kick in?
as i really dunno much about VTEC.
for a 93 car with that much Km is it normal?
Wat other point i need to keep my eyes on..?

Thank..
:D

djgarv
13-09-2005, 11:52 PM
178 is about normal for a 93
mine is 93 and it has a sunroof...i think all vtirs do
look out for rattly bits and make sure it isn't something important..dc2s tend to get a bit rattly esp if they've been lowered (windows etc.)

quangsta
14-09-2005, 12:09 AM
avg 15k kms a yr isnt that bad.....but u really gotta check how he maintained it service history etc...but even that can only tell you so much...so maybe just check his dipstick to see if his oil is clean or black, other oil levels etc little stuff like that could tell you if he takes car of his baby....if you want maye get him to drive it for you too to see how he would drive..

another thing is start the engine, listen to the engine, then clutch in whilst holding it in listen to the engine for a difference, clutch out and again listen and spot the difference. cant really explain in words what it sounds like, but there should really be a noticeable difference, if there is u looking at about 1k on top to fix....umm...look for panel differences...and i say get one of those insurance companies or someelse to come and do a full inspection...tell you alot you wont b able to tell....check power windows, lights all da lil gadgets....i know im being a little perdantic but saves little stuff can help u haggle the price down a lil...

vtec should kick in ~ b/w 5-5.5k rpm

all the stuff i said will not b able to tell you for certain the condition of the car but will help more then just looking around...

hopefully i made sense...

can i ask how much his asking??

gL buying

kOncept
14-09-2005, 05:15 AM
gearbox, try it out and see how it feels, oil leaks...

litmog
14-09-2005, 01:24 PM
all audm vti-r's have sunroofs i believe..

if the vti-r your looking at hasnt got a sunroof, i'd say its a jap import, coz i looked at a vti-r previously that didnt have sunroof, and noticed that the chasis number was dc1 not dc2, and they dont have the grey plastic strips on the side, instead its like a type r side

hope that helps

euro1978
14-09-2005, 02:34 PM
all audm vti-r's have sunroofs i believe..

Correct.

All GSi models also had a roof until 98 I believe when the sunroof became an aftermarket option.

Spunkymonkey
14-09-2005, 06:51 PM
178 is about normal for a 93
dc2s tend to get a bit rattly esp if they've been lowered (windows etc.)

they certainly do when they are lowered lol :p

check the engine, to see if you can see any oil leaks. I also found that my brake rotors were warped, so I had to get mine ground, which wasn't a huge fuss, but still annoying to drive the way it was.

As the others have said check the panels - check the colour to see if you see any variation.

Integra
14-09-2005, 06:57 PM
also i want to know how to check the VTEC is workin prob or not..?when is it kick in?
as i really dunno much about VTEC.

:D

If its a VTIR they all have a b18c2 engine which is DOHC VTEC.. and the vtec should hit somewhere around 5500rpm..
good luck!

DHOCHKG
14-09-2005, 08:18 PM
Thank for all the Help..!
Hope i can get it

jdmlvn
15-09-2005, 11:28 PM
Correct.

All GSi models also had a roof until 98 I believe when the sunroof became an aftermarket option.

Correct me if im wrong.

'93 dc2 vti-r - sunroof
'97 dc2 vti-r - non sunroof

hong_ung
15-09-2005, 11:41 PM
Hye dude
tell the owner to take the car to HOnda servicing and get themto do a pre-purchase used car ceck
cost like 99 big ones
but they do a pretty good jobs, the found a clutch cylinder leak, and other lil problems
that should also help with your negotiation aswell

hong_ung
15-09-2005, 11:45 PM
oh yeah
they cehck the v-tec engagement, how mcuh brake pad there is left, alinemnt and suspension

THE_MASS
16-09-2005, 11:22 AM
Correct me if im wrong.

'93 dc2 vti-r - sunroof
'97 dc2 vti-r - non sunroof
i dont completly know if thats right, cause i own a 97 model VtiR and it has a sun roof. :D
BTW: good luck on your search for a car...
make sure you look around and see what the going price is before buying. in other words, dont get anxious about getting a car, cause thats when ppl make regretful decisions ;) :p

26ounce
16-09-2005, 01:26 PM
What the others suggested, but don't forget the normal stuff to check (some of these repeat what the others said):

Has the car been warmed the car up before you get there.
Take of radiator cap and check condition of coolant & radiator, look for any oil film (don't do if hot :D ).
Look for smoke during drive and upon starting. Know what the smoke colours indicate.
Do U-turns at full lock in both directions.
Check dipstick for oil health.
Go thru all the gears while driving.
Give the clutch a bit on take-off.
Look for evidence of accident damage.
How are the tires? How long is the rego?
Has it had all the major services?

DHOCHKG
16-09-2005, 08:52 PM
[QUOTE=26ounce]
1.Has the car been warmed the car up before you get there.
2.Take of radiator cap and check condition of coolant & radiator, look for any oil film (don't do if hot :D ).
3.Look for smoke during drive and upon starting. Know what the smoke colours indicate.
QUOTE]

Some questionS.
why do i need to check?
Wat colour of smoke is good and wat is bad..?

DHOCHKG
17-09-2005, 03:06 PM
BTW,
How much is a service and tune up by honda..?
had anyone did it..?

Thank.

26ounce
17-09-2005, 07:40 PM
[QUOTE=26ounce]
1.Has the car been warmed the car up before you get there.
2.Take of radiator cap and check condition of coolant & radiator, look for any oil film (don't do if hot :D ).
3.Look for smoke during drive and upon starting. Know what the smoke colours indicate.
QUOTE]

Some questionS.
why do i need to check?
Wat colour of smoke is good and wat is bad..?

Check here for smoke info:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=339004&postcount=44

DHOCHKG
20-09-2005, 10:15 PM
Hi all,
i got it today for 7.8K but it done 185K
i got some question
the last service was 5 month ago...so the car is running a bit rough
how can i check for power lost or not..?
wat if last service was 5 month ago should i get a major service onto my car?
any work shop is good in SE mel (Clayton)

Cheer

mcdare
21-09-2005, 09:10 PM
never go wrong with sunroof!

sydteg21
22-09-2005, 04:52 PM
log book, i would take to NRMA to do a 200 dollars check,it worths it to not let you get a lemon,i did once, they made a full list for me to tell me what was nearly worn out how much it costs to change it ,a lot of informations,can save you so much trouble to find out by yourself