PDA

View Full Version : Euro muffler change

as001
14-09-2005, 01:26 PM
hey guys,
just wondering if anyone here has change over there mufflers ?
At the moment Im considering getting some hks silent series cannon mufflers adapted for euro but have a few questions about droning and bottom end power loss

EuroAccord13
14-09-2005, 05:16 PM
I'm sure a search will get you some answers..

I have a custom single outlet MagnaFlow Race Series Muffler, Baboo has the same set up as mine with a different muffler (He used to have the Fujitsubo Legalis R Cat-Back system for the Euro but has now since sold it to PeeKay)..

Peekay is now running the Legalis R system.

Someone here runs a twin HKS from Memory.....

I'll let the rest answer for their own but with my set up with the resonators, my exhaust growl is a deep one (Typical of MagnaFlow) and very negligible droning, almost next to nothing...

aaronng
14-09-2005, 07:28 PM
Is there any power or characeteristic change when changing mufflers? Or is it just an acoustic change?

EuroAccord13
14-09-2005, 07:36 PM
There are mufflers that are built just to do exactly acoustic changes and there are mufflers that actually work..

It all depends on the design (ie, straight, loop, free flowing with no lourves in the core etc), diameter as well as the sound packing for the noise...

stephen8512
14-09-2005, 10:45 PM
im going to get my GREDDY EVO2's after my kit is installed. will give u guys a heads up when the date comes closer