PDA

View Full Version : cat converter question

sirprelude
14-09-2005, 09:16 PM
which is a better cat converter a MAGNAFLOW or an XFORCE, same size both have 2.5 inlet, :honda:

OZ#227
14-09-2005, 11:52 PM
I'll just start by saying ...I haven't seen either of these cats up close....But..

They are probably just the same, in regards to Flow. The hi-flow Cat biscuit, would probably be the same in both units. The difference will be with the quality of the can, material, welding...the finish.

EuroAccord13
14-09-2005, 11:56 PM
I'd go MagnaFlow :D..... For the quality and build..

sydteg21
15-09-2005, 12:25 AM
i don't think it is necessary to do it,it is just not worth the money, honda stock cat is good enough.

bennyBear
15-09-2005, 12:31 AM
Agreed,

Got my exhaust made by a 21 year veteran in the industry, reckons honda cats are one of the best factory fitted he's ever seen. As far as bang for buck is concerned, a cat gets you nothing.

Personal preference though!

OZ#227
15-09-2005, 02:14 AM
Agreed,

Got my exhaust made by a 21 year veteran in the industry, reckons honda cats are one of the best factory fitted he's ever seen. As far as bang for buck is concerned, a cat gets you nothing.

Personal preference though!

I'm wondering if that was a JDM Cat or maybe an Aus S2000 Cat, you showed him. Both of those are slightly better (Flowing) than the Aus Tegs OEM Cat. But I reacon build quality is Very High with all OEM Honda parts.

:thumbsup: Cats get you nothing if what you've already got is hi-flow. Most folks only get aftermarket cats cause they've change the whole (or part) of the exhust system. Not All cat are hi-flow (hollow with a screen)
In my case the JDM cat fits perfectly (no cutting or converter) between the JDM Headers & the JDM Cat back system. Bigger pipes, the OEM cat wouldn't fit anyway. But nothing to do with flow.
Also, Take the cat out at the track, No,... not for better flow, So caining-it at the day all day does pay-out on the Cat...they aren't cheap. This will help extend the Cats life (of course) Unless you drop, like one of my mate did & after that it rattled. Bin time. The biscuit broke.

Kept the whole of my old system because if I get any hassles with the EPO/RTA, I can just swap it back..... :D So No parts available...sorry.

sirprelude
15-09-2005, 09:41 PM
i already have the whole exhaust system including, 2.5 inch inlet 4 into 1 stainless headers and a hi flow cat back system with canon muffler, ihave replace the standard system which was only 2.25 inlet, but i left the stadard cat converter coz it was already a good one, but im only getting the 2.5 inch inlet cat converter to have a peace of mind, and im replacing the cannon muffler to a xforce twin loop exhaust (2.5 inch inlet), how much gain will i get all in all from the whole system interms of kilowatts?

jdmlvn
15-09-2005, 10:55 PM
why not mugen?

sirprelude
16-09-2005, 09:30 PM
mugen too expensize, dont have that kinda money

exquisit
16-09-2005, 11:01 PM
then get the cheaper of the two

95_CVC
16-09-2005, 11:08 PM
Cant beat the stock honda one.. but if ur going for an excuse just to put a gay decal down ur car chose magnaflow.. the sticker will look better :) lol