PDA

View Full Version : delivery delay!!

Jazzle
14-09-2005, 11:52 PM
hey guys.. just wanna ask... when u guys bought ur car.. how long did u have to wait for?? when i bought mine 2 years ago.. i only had to wait for 2 days.... but sadly my car has been written off and my insurance agreed to give me a new car in which they have made an order about 3 weeks ago..

in the first week, i called the honda guy and he told me that i should be getting the car early next week (which is last week), but no calls from him since then so i called him again last wed.. and he said "im sorry, last time when i spoke to u, i was told the car has already arrived australia and i thought it has arrived on the dock, it was actually still on the ship which was in australia boundary but ur car has already landed and has passed the customs now waiting for compilation etc....and u should be able to get it next week (which is this week)". I just called him again today.. and he said "im really sorry but i really dont know when it is going to arrive, it could be tomorrow and it could be next week, the car maybe still in customs i dont know, i would like to know tooo but there is no way i can check".....

can someone explain to me what is going on? :confused:
is it normal that a car will take 2 weeks or more to get to the dealer after landing ??

asiansquad
15-09-2005, 12:32 AM
took me 2 weeks to get my car

Zimp13
15-09-2005, 02:52 AM
its not a matter when the car will arrive now... its a matter that the dealer is fooling u around.... go to the dealer and get him to write it black and white...

anjingbalap
15-09-2005, 06:07 AM
tookme 1 month and 1 weeks.. coz they didnt bring(short delivery) on 1st shipment

Jazzle
15-09-2005, 07:09 AM
but then i dont understand y they would fool me around?
wouldn't they wanna give me the car asap so that they can receive the money from insruance?

jamchen
15-09-2005, 07:48 AM
well,,, if it is for the company's view, and yes they would want to deliver the cars so they can get the money. but hey, you didn't talk direct to the boss but people who work for them:D they basically dun care when you pay off your money coz they just get bonus for how many cars they sold each month....

ahcash
15-09-2005, 11:49 AM
I personally dun thin he is fooling you around.. what would he want to do this.. he is shooting himself on the foot for not closing the deal..

Anyway, I reckon it is probably held up by the shipment or the custom clearing.. just give it a week or 2. BTW, I waited 1 month for mine...

Jazzle
15-09-2005, 05:33 PM
tahxn guys... think i b getting it next week.. sgih~

Jazzle
15-09-2005, 05:40 PM
tahxn guys... think i b getting it next week.. sgih~

Zimp13
15-09-2005, 07:07 PM
I personally dun thin he is fooling you around.. what would he want to do this.. he is shooting himself on the foot for not closing the deal..

Anyway, I reckon it is probably held up by the shipment or the custom clearing.. just give it a week or 2. BTW, I waited 1 month for mine...

normally after ppl signed the contract, they start toying ppl around... in this case, first said oredy landed, then dunno... if not fooling around wats that? cos they always get ppl to sign first by saying yes to everything... once signed thats it.... they ll deny unless stated black and white... complain with the manager, manager would say but he didnt say that... it happened to me b4.... best to get them to write on the contract....

vividjazz
15-09-2005, 09:16 PM
I walked in to the showroom and said I want that one there. Took them 3 days to prep it still. It looked ready to go to me.

notyboysn
15-09-2005, 10:23 PM
i got mine early this week... but i had to wait one whole month as well...

Dreams
16-09-2005, 09:48 AM
mine took 6 weeks.
beat that!

Zimp13
16-09-2005, 11:22 AM
toyota is better from my experience... delivery really quik and no bs

crazyray
16-09-2005, 12:12 PM
yep
toyota is nice and quick from the date you order
no dragging delivery dates for like 6 weeks to months

ahcash
16-09-2005, 02:16 PM
All depends on what car man.. if the car can sell.. there will be a long waiting list.. e.g. Golf GTi, last heard 3 months waiting list.

Zimp13
16-09-2005, 02:54 PM
All depends on what car man.. if the car can sell.. there will be a long waiting list.. e.g. Golf GTi, last heard 3 months waiting list.

if they tell u in advance thats fine... how u feel b4 u sign they say have stock delivery next week and ended up 2-3 months????
thats the difference that we toking ar.... honda sales ppl always do that... same as my jazz.... before signed next week delivery, after sign 3 months.....

chicken8
16-09-2005, 03:46 PM
im still waiting for my lamborghini mercielago to get delivered

they said 12months

spoon fit
16-09-2005, 10:19 PM
im still waiting for my lamborghini mercielago to get delivered

they said 12months

nice! :thumbsup: chicken

coladuna
16-09-2005, 11:11 PM
Took me just over a week to get my Euro straight off the boat.
They attempted to play me around making up crap like it can get delayed etc.., but I reminded them of conditional clause I added in the contract that the car should be delivered within 2 weeks of signing. I'm still glad I did that.

Went to Honda last week and the salesman was telling me the wait is typically around a week if they have stock and even if they don't, it'd be 2 weeks tops.
They are screwing you, I'd say.

joey_kev
17-09-2005, 10:55 AM
I waited mine for 3 weeks, just be patient :)

Jazzle
17-09-2005, 03:32 PM
yeah.. it's totally different if they tell u there will be a delay in the first place

if the sales tell u that they have the car in stock already and stillg et u to wait for 3 to 4 weeks.. u get the feeling that they r palyin gaorund with ur car...

Poeter
17-09-2005, 08:04 PM
i waited nearly 3months but it was sorta worth it because they gave me one that was built in Jan/05 as opposed to Nov/Dec/04.

I think that's how they treat customers that barginned for a lower price.
Maybe in hope that they can eat up your deposit when you want to drop out of the deal.

coladuna
17-09-2005, 08:24 PM
i waited nearly 3months but it was sorta worth it because they gave me one that was built in Jan/05 as opposed to Nov/Dec/04.

Maybe in hope that they can eat up your deposit when you want to drop out of the deal.

Not really. You shouldn't even wait that long in the beginning.
Besides, when you draw up a contract for the purchase of motor vehicle, there's a field for specifying what year of compliance plate the vehicle has. I'm surprised you didn't check that before signing on the dotted line.

I bought mine in september 2004. added a clause to have the car in 2 weeks at the latest. Got it within the timeframe specified in the contract and the build date is August 2004.

TypeG
18-09-2005, 01:59 AM

I have gone for a test drive on the Gti and I ask when i can pick up the car after I drop a deposit. He told me if i am not picky, it will be next year Jan
LOL

TypeG
18-09-2005, 02:03 AM

I will wait for that if it is written 05 instead of 04 as when u sell yr car later, it will give buyers a better feeling he is getting a 05 car instead of 04.

Poeter
19-09-2005, 01:59 PM
Besides, when you draw up a contract for the purchase of motor vehicle, there's a field for specifying what year of compliance plate the vehicle has. I'm surprised you didn't check that before signing on the dotted line.

Hmm, if i recall correctly, i dont think a date was filled in that field :confused:

Jazzle
19-09-2005, 09:47 PM
omg... im dying..... still waiting for a response.. the salesman seems to be a nice dude.. and i actually believe there's a delay fromcustom
but waitin for a brand new car is just a torture damn it

STTICH
19-09-2005, 09:49 PM
omg... im dying..... still waiting for a response.. the salesman seems to be a nice dude.. and i actually believe there's a delay fromcustom
but waitin for a brand new car is just a torture damn it

its cool man... think tat way..u'll hav a lot lot fun after u get it :) be optimistic.

civ_sik
19-09-2005, 09:51 PM
let the excitement build lol more fun that way.

Jazzle
25-09-2005, 06:38 PM
hey brother and sister.. does anyone work as a car dealer here??

u guys know im waiting for my car right.. well im still waiting and today i drove pass the dealer and just for curiosity,, i walked into their parkin area where ppl park their cars for servicing.. and saw 'my car' parking there no shelter and no cover... there was only 1 jazz and many other odysessies (all park under shelter) so i guess it must be mine.. i thought all the new cars r wellly covered until their owner come and pick them uP?? well not that it's a big deal.. but since it's basically jsut parking int eh parkin space, anyone who gets theirs service or whoever goes to the area can touch , feel, spit on, and kick the car if they want.. haha u know wat i mean? r the ppl allow to switch on the car or anything like that too?? coz the dealer has got the key..

ps.. i think its' mine coz its' new.. no car plate on the car yet..

STTICH
25-09-2005, 07:04 PM
don worry Jazzle... if its really yours, at least u had a good look of ur new ride before the pick-up phone call from dealer ;)

ahcash
25-09-2005, 08:51 PM
yeah ..dun worry Jazzle.. most pre-delivered new car have no shelter or whatsoever.. they have to clean up brand spanking new before they give it to you.. and make sure they are no scratches.. if you happen to receive a call from the dealer.. :D GOOD LUCK!!!

vividjazz
25-09-2005, 09:49 PM
This is why we pay the dealer $1,500 for a car wash (dealer delivery charge).

Thachng
25-09-2005, 09:52 PM
I have to wait 6 weeks for my Jazz as there are no black vti-s Autos in Australia ATM.

I am expecting it at start of November

Jazzle
25-09-2005, 09:59 PM
which dealer?

Jazzle
06-10-2005, 07:34 PM
hey guys... i just got my jazz finally...

and first thing i notice is dat there is water bubbling noise when i step on the gas.. i rmb someone in this forum mentioned a;bout 'swooshing' noise coming from fuel tank, ,did u ppl fix that problem ??.. i didn't get that at all with my previous jazz

also.. i checked the engine oil... it seems to be really really pure like water... is it meant to be like that?? it doesn't seem like engine oil to me

notyboysn
06-10-2005, 07:36 PM
congratulations on your jazz dude...

ahcash
06-10-2005, 09:57 PM
hey guys... i just got my jazz finally...

and first thing i notice is dat there is water bubbling noise when i step on the gas.. i rmb someone in this forum mentioned a;bout 'swooshing' noise coming from fuel tank, ,did u ppl fix that problem ??.. i didn't get that at all with my previous jazz

also.. i checked the engine oil... it seems to be really really pure like water... is it meant to be like that?? it doesn't seem like engine oil to me

Congrats on the purchase mate.. finally...

I dun think I have that problem.. ohh well, my suggestion is to let it run it a bit first.. If I were you, I will not rev over 3500 for the first 10,000km.. I've push it too hard during the run in period and I regreted.. The engine seems to be much more noisier than my friend's one... so, if I can turn back time, I will stay cool at least 10,000km.. (this is solely my personal point of view..)

The car is using the Honda FEO and it is a bit thin.. wait till your 1000km service mate.. if the oil still looks thin to you or the bubbling sound still there, you know where to raise your concern with...

Jazzle
06-10-2005, 11:38 PM
hope the noise will go soon.. czo it's pretty annying.. whenever the car changes it's 'horizon' watever u call.. i mean say hwen u go on a slope or go down from a straight rd,, the noise appears..

it also appears when i accelerate or decelerate (rev changes)... but never comes up when moving at constant speed...

it seems liek there is too much air inside the fuel tank.. with bubbles and things..

and when i get the car, it has 45km in the mileage.. sounds abit too much huh?

Dreams
06-10-2005, 11:41 PM
drive it easy for the first 1000km.
btw, congrats mate.

TypeG
07-10-2005, 12:09 AM
dun worry about the noise
just open some music and it will solve
lol

Poeter
07-10-2005, 01:45 AM
Congrats on the purchase mate.. finally...

I dun think I have that problem.. ohh well, my suggestion is to let it run it a bit first.. If I were you, I will not rev over 3500 for the first 10,000km.. I've push it too hard during the run in period and I regreted.. The engine seems to be much more noisier than my friend's one... so, if I can turn back time, I will stay cool at least 10,000km.. (this is solely my personal point of view..)

The car is using the Honda FEO and it is a bit thin.. wait till your 1000km service mate.. if the oil still looks thin to you or the bubbling sound still there, you know where to raise your concern with...

T.T NOw i'm feeling a lil bad now from the comment you posted. I recall rev'ing to 5k about a month ago and that's about 8000km. At least i think i never went over 3.5k during the 1st 1000km.

I'm still so confused about the debate on methods of running-in. One half says to rev the living shit out of the engine when new while the other half says baby it. I reckon both side of the arguments has some points to raising a good engine but it's unclear which is better since i have yet to see any scientific results.

TypeG
07-10-2005, 01:54 AM
HOnda and toyota do remind me not to overrev my car before it run in or my car will sound as noise as their demo car are....
not sure what is the real logic behind but I just follow it

Jazzle
07-10-2005, 06:49 AM
i read thsi article saying u should push the shit out of a new engine to gain the best power possible in the future... i thought their explanations were quite reasonable.. but still sounds abit strange to me.. and i baby my new car all the time.. with my previous car, i didn't rev over 3000rpm for the first 3000km.. and with the new car,, i think i will try to usedifferent method...i try not to worry about the rev but will still not push teh car and drive slowly... i went on m5 yeseterday and hit 4000rpm.. i personally think as long as ur not pushing the car and just drive smoonthy and accelerate gradually.. shouldn'thave any problems,,

and im planning to change oil and filter in 5000km and then i will stop the breaking in

Jus-10
07-10-2005, 07:06 AM
To run it in I would suggest take about 5000km.

During that time never go WOT but steadily increase reves and vary the car under different loads, speeds etc.

So by the time you are approaching 5000km you can be revving to about the 5000-5500 mark (you can always use half throttle and rev it out - it doesn't have to be WOT)

After the 5000km change the filter and change to full synthetic oil.

If you want to be real pedantic, change the oil at 1,000km as well. Just make sure you are using a mineral oil during the run-in period.

When it comes to full synthetic there are probably as many options as there are people with cars....everyone has a fave. Honda don't make a full synthetic I believe and a lot of Honda guys swear by Motul. I'm a big fan of Elf and for me that's the best (though I never tried Motul).

Just buy your own oil when it comes time to service the car and take it in to the mechanic/dealer...if they give you some story about voiding warranties and crap like that, it is just that...crap!

ahcash
07-10-2005, 11:13 AM
T.T NOw i'm feeling a lil bad now from the comment you posted. I recall rev'ing to 5k about a month ago and that's about 8000km. At least i think i never went over 3.5k during the 1st 1000km.

I'm still so confused about the debate on methods of running-in. One half says to rev the living shit out of the engine when new while the other half says baby it. I reckon both side of the arguments has some points to raising a good engine but it's unclear which is better since i have yet to see any scientific results.

Peoter, hahaha! not trying to scare you or anything.. I am a bit confuse myself and this seems to be a debatable issues.. that's why I stated "solely my personal point of view.." as I dun have anything to back me up.. However, my car does sound noisier than my friend's one and the sound of the engine is completely different.. (both were stock when the time I compare). I've also raise my concern with the Honda Service and they said to me it is quite normal... and just enjoy driving the car... :D

Jazzle
07-10-2005, 03:12 PM
:D jus_10 so u saying my current way is the way huh? hahaha

well.. i will take my car to honda for oil and filter change at 1000km.. then i will change again at 5000km