PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to OZHonda - 2006 Euro

WogBoyEuro
15-09-2005, 12:06 PM
Hi Guys

This is my first post on this forum. I joined because I've just put down a deposit for a 2005 Accord Euro Standard Manual for 35K drive away (including: foglights, mats, bonnet and headlight protectors, silver finish and tint). I am selling my current pride and joy 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STI

I know its not going to be quiet the same, but my wife and I are thinking of starting a family so made a hard call to swap cars for something little more family oriented and less racing at every light I stop. :)

I wanted the Graphite Pearl color and the dealer said that the car is still not in the country and that deliver would be Late November/Early December. Heard around the place that there is a new Acceord coming out in the US (TSX), but the dealer and Honda Australia are deniying any such claims

Question 1: Does anyone know anything about it and is it worth the wait?
Question 2: Is the Luxury Model worth the extra $$$ over standard
Question 3: Should I maybe buy a 2004 Luxury model for almost same price?

Appreciate your comments
Kris

stephen8512
15-09-2005, 12:16 PM
hey! congrats on the car purchase....05 STI to 05 Euro.....wow...STi has 4 doors too.....aint that enuff for ur family? hehehe :D
silver is nice! graphite is the popular choice i think, then silver, then black/white.

QUESTION 1: there are a few threads that were started here called 2006 TSX or something. check this thread out.
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25295
But i highly doubt honda aus will get that.

QUESTION 2: i have the luxury model. leather seats, sunroof, 17" upgraded rims, HID's fog lights, seat warmers. Its down to how much you want to spend and if u want to justify spending that lil bit extra for the things u'll get. but personally i like my creature comforts :D.

QUESTION 3: Again, totally up to you. I suggest you go for a test drive in both a standard and luxury. not for performance, but for just the general feel and comfort levels of the car. If ur starting up a family though, you have to be a lot more pedantic in keeping those leather seats clean when the lil one arrives.

anyways welcome to the forum again and i hope this has answered your question

P.S post some pics of ur rexy STI!!!! hehehehe.. :thumbsup:

WogBoyEuro
15-09-2005, 12:30 PM
P.S post some pics of ur rexy STI!!!! hehehehe.. :thumbsup:

Hi Stephen

Thanks very much for your prompt response. Appreciate your comments. I uess at the end of the day it comes down to peronal preferences and nice to have's as opposed to some major technical differences as engines specs/suspension, etc ...

*Euroaccord13 Edit*
Welcome :)

No EOI/Selling or intention to advertise in here :)

I have also removed some photos that are similar

CHEERS

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/958/PICT0015Large.jpg

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/6647/PICT0006Large.jpg

http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/9623/PICT0044Large.jpg
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/181/PICT0001Medium.jpg

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/8721/PICT0006Medium.jpg

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/8240/PICT0009Medium.jpg

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/1263/PICT0024Medium.jpg

aaronng
15-09-2005, 12:37 PM
Hi! Welcome to OZHonda! We're going to pick you brain on the difference in the driving experience between the STi and the Accord Euro after you take delivery. :D

1) Supposedly the TSX gets a power increase through larger valves and exhaust. (which is a plus!). Our engine is slightly different from the TSX, but we might get the larger exhaust piping. They also get bluetooth phone connectivity with the Navi system (we don't get navi, and I'm not sure if the 2006 Accord Euro will have it). It's also slightly facelifted. THere is no more chrome strip on the bonnet. Instead the pentagon part of the grill is totally on the body, like a commodore.

2) You get leather seats, seat heaters (must for leather, not needed for velour seats), fog lights, HID lamps, sunroof, auto wipers, 17" rims and WOOD GRAIN! Is that worth the extra $7000 to you? When I purchased mine, the luxury model only came with 16" rims, so it was not worth it. For the 2005 model, I might be tempted to go luxury.

3) The difference between the 2004 and 2005 is that the 2005 has lit steering wheel controls and a full sized spare tyre. If you are looking at a 2005 luxury, then that comes with really sweet 17" rims! Of course your tyre costs will increase :)

euro1978
15-09-2005, 12:41 PM
I had an Sti as well and I can tell you that I miss it alot :(

That being said I do not miss the EPAs I received, the $220 a month insurance (at the time) and breaking a gearbox, speeding tickets etc...

Have you considered a Subaru GT as a compromise between the two?

WogBoyEuro
15-09-2005, 12:59 PM
Hi! Welcome to OZHonda!

1) We're going to pick you brain on the difference in the driving experience between the STi and the Accord Euro after you take delivery. :D :)

You can't compare the two. I test drove both the luxury and standard in Manual and there is no way any sane person will even begin to compare the two. We are comparing a race car to a smooth luxury cruise car

I am talking about the 2005 STI with the DCCD by the way and not the previous models and there has been a huge improvement. The handling is unbelievable, the power is unmatchable in its class and the feeling you get I never got in any other car I drove ever and I drove a lot. It wasn't the winner of the Bang for your Buck award for 2005 by Motor Mag for nothing including beating the Evo VIII.

I am never going to compare the STI to my Euro as it wouldn't be fair to either car. Euro will never even come close to the STI in performance or handling, but STI will never come close to Euro in the enjoyment of the ride quality and unbelievable silence which will be music to my ears after the STI. And not to mention every 20yr old wanting a piece of me at every second light I stop, I am sick and tired of that

I won't miss the insurance costs of the STI, fuel costs and always worrying where to park it and not to mention being a target to the cops at all times. It will be nice change to fall in the background for a while. Not that Insurance was huge for me $1400 per year as opposed to $1000 for the Euro

Having said all that I already miss my STI. I mean I caen't believe I am selling her and so cheap. Its a real monster of a machine and its stock form, for $2500 this stock car can go from 145kw's at the wheels to 240kw with just an exhaust and a boost controller and no other mods, that's how easy it is to get extra power out of the 2005 STI. I've seen it in the WRX club

It was on my to do list, but so are kids.
Its one of the hardest decisions I've had to make, and it might not be the right one, but it is the smart one.

WogBoyEuro
15-09-2005, 01:03 PM
Have you considered a Subaru GT as a compromise between the two?

Yes I have, but the cost of the Euro was way too tempting. I mean it is a beautiful machine. You can't go past euro for the quality, reliability and price.

The GT costs as much as a new STI, and I don't need that kind of power to drive kids around. But don't worry, Euro is here for now and will do the job just as well as my STI, and much better when it comes to some things, but my heart is still set on owning an STI, I just have to sort out my priorities for now :)

ant234
15-09-2005, 02:57 PM
it might not be the right one, but it is the smart one.
Thats it mate... never argue with your wife...
listen to your woman, i learn from the hard way

yfin
15-09-2005, 03:09 PM
Question 1: Does anyone know anything about it and is it worth the wait?
Question 2: Is the Luxury Model worth the extra $$$ over standard
Question 3: Should I maybe buy a 2004 Luxury model for almost same price?

Congrats on the Euro. I think you will be happy with it - particularly the drivetrain - the STI has a notchy and vague gearbox. hehe :rolleyes: Powerwise - bit of a difference there! At least the Euro is not like a light switch at 3500rpm when all the power comes at once. And the interior? :( hehe - ok enough bagging the STI. Lets just say I wasn't that impressed with the thing.

q1- difficult for anyone to say anything until 06 model released. I think there will be some minor changes. If you can perhaps wait till 06 model released - then you may pick up the 05 model at a better price. Not so sure why you are keen to sell a 2005 model car so soon. You must be losing a good $3000 on the STI compared to what you paid for it.

q2- depends on how much $6500 (or around that) means to you. To some people $6500 is worth it for just the curtain airbags. At the time I thought I would rather the $6500 be spent on something else.

q3 - depends on condition, miles, etc. I would rather pay a fraction more and get a new car even if it doesn't have a sunroof and a few additions. Ultimately, both cars drive the same and at least you know how it has been driven from new.

V205
15-09-2005, 05:30 PM
Dealers will never tell you about a new model unless Honda Aus has officially announced it. Why? It eats into their current model sales... :)

No ones knows if our 2006 Euro will get any updates as 2005 already got some updates.

The-Genesis
15-09-2005, 05:50 PM
welcome mate,
My first car was the euro auto, im not a big fan of subarus :P
I advice you to get lux model :) lots of more features in it. I personally love my auros ability to take on round abouts and corners in a very thrilling way. Sure my auto is not quick but vtac in 1ist and second gear in the manual you ll love it ;) i can only vtec in first :( but over all love it.

PNR888
15-09-2005, 06:02 PM

But don't worry, Euro is here for now and will do the job just as well as my STI, and much better when it comes to some things, but my heart is still set on owning an STI, I just have to sort out my priorities for now :)

Very well said!! :thumbsup: I will nominate you for father of the year! :thumbsup:

All your posts are very well written. Keep them coming!

Which City are you located?

Welcome to the Forum....

coladuna
15-09-2005, 06:23 PM
I'd recommend you to get a luxury one as well.
It just has a much better ambience with the leather seats. I'm not a big fan of velour type of material on the standard Euro. It just attracts too much lint, dust and all sorts of crap and it'll be hot in summer too.

If you are going to get a standard Euro anyway, why not get a near new second-hand luxury? They'll cost not much more or very close to what you paid and you are not missing out on much because 05 standard Euro has 16inch wheel anyway.

BiLL|z0r
15-09-2005, 07:46 PM
Welcome to the forum and the world of Honda. We bought our Euro Std new only a month ago the same reasons as you. We have a 9.5mth old son and I was sick of attention from the cops and loud exhausts. The Euro is such a pleasure to drive which ever model you choose you'll be happy.

stephen8512
15-09-2005, 09:42 PM
loving them DEFI BF gauges on ur STI there!!! HOT HOT HOT!
always been impressed with that massive scoop!!

Ferrarista
17-09-2005, 01:04 AM
Finally, another wog with a Euro i dont feel alone now :)