PDA

View Full Version : [Euro] ITG Panel filter

yfin
15-09-2005, 09:08 PM
I installed the ITG panel filter for the Euro this week at the recommendation of Peekay. It is a direct replacement for the OEM filter. ITG are commonly used in race cars including F1.

Purchased from these guys for $150. Not the cheapest replacement filter but it will last the life of the car.

http://www.fuelsaver.com.au/itg.php

I have the filter installed in the Icebox. The guys at fuelsaver also installed a stencil which is glued to the lid of the icebox as they do not consider it to form a perfect seal. This cost $30.

Results? I have been driving for a few days now with the ITG filter and the response is definately better. As the box is now sealed better it is also quieter. It wasn't the easiest filter to fit as with the stencil you need to push hard on the Icebox lid to line up the screws. The only other downside is I have some resonance (slight vibration sound) in the engine bay at 60kph but only with WOT in 4th gear and up. I had this originally with the Icebox but somehow it went away.

In terms of performance - it is an incremental improvement - not something massively different to the Icebox foam filter but enough to notice. A gain is a gain. I wouldn't say this mod is great bang for buck - but at least I know my Icebox lid is sealed 100% and this is the last filter I will put in the car. Oh - and it probably has the best reputation of all filters on the market.

http://www.itgairfilters.com/

Matell
15-09-2005, 09:23 PM
Good stuff!. As long as you're happy with it is all that matters!.

Peekay34
15-09-2005, 09:23 PM
Didn't I tell you all those months ago.... Should I say I told you so....... :p :p :p

yfin
15-09-2005, 09:44 PM
Didn't I tell you all those months ago.... Should I say I told you so....... :p :p :p

hey you didn't need to convince me ITG filters were good - all I needed was convincing to spend the $180 on a filter. That's why it took me so long. :rolleyes:

euro77
15-09-2005, 09:45 PM
If it's glued, how will you clean it then?

yfin
15-09-2005, 09:46 PM
If it's glued, how will you clean it then?

Nah - what I meant was the icebox lid is modified with a glued piece of plastic. It is a 1cm border around the lid so when you put the filter in it seals better.

There is no glue on the filter itself.

PNR888
15-09-2005, 10:08 PM
Nah - what I meant was the icebox lid is modified with a glued piece of plastic. It is a 1cm border around the lid so when you put the filter in it seals better.

There is no glue on the filter itself.

If this Filter is going to be fitted in OEM filter box, will it need the glue seal?

Peekay and stephen, did you notice any fuel comsuption difference? does it suppose to make the car more fuel effiecient?

yfin
15-09-2005, 10:16 PM
If this Filter is going to be fitted in OEM filter box, will it need the glue seal?

Peekay and stephen, did you notice any fuel comsuption difference? does it suppose to make the car more fuel effiecient?

It is a perfect fit for the OEM box - no seal necessary. The seal is an improvement for the comptech box only.

Not sure whether it will be any more fuel efficient.

One interesting fact about these filters is that the documentation says they are entirely HAND MADE. No wonder they are expensive.

V205
15-09-2005, 10:30 PM
U guys heard of AEM's synthetic non-oiled air filter? I wonder if they have a filter for Euro...

Peekay34
16-09-2005, 06:57 AM
If F1 Teams use ITG that is good enough to say how good they are for me.
I have been using these filters for a few years now they are fantastic every one who I have pointed at this filter never has regretted it.

BiLL|z0r
16-09-2005, 08:19 AM
Has any1 ever see any Dyno results of the small improvement hey give and shere the power gain is made?

$150 for a decent aftermarket filter is good considering a K&N oem replacement for a lancer is $190+.

V205
16-09-2005, 12:49 PM
I assume this ITG filter will work in stock euro air-box too? Where can we buy one in melb?

Thx

yfin
17-09-2005, 12:04 AM
I assume this ITG filter will work in stock euro air-box too? Where can we buy one in melb?

Thx

Yes and follow the link in my first post re where to buy one.