PDA

View Full Version : 94 5th gen keys.

h22a accord
16-09-2005, 08:29 AM
I was wondering just the other day what peeps, car keys look like? Mine are made of metal, there is no platic bits on them or honda logo etc like other honda's. Is this normal or are my keys copies?

Or are they JDM hahaha.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/3199/key1gs.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

euro1978
16-09-2005, 08:42 AM
looks like a honda key with the rubber overlay ripped off.

blubber
16-09-2005, 09:18 AM
Yup, rubber is missing

h22a accord
16-09-2005, 09:28 AM
Anybody know if its possible to get new rubber?

blubber
16-09-2005, 09:59 AM
You should be able to get one from a locksmith that is the same shape as the honda one.

ECU-MAN
16-09-2005, 10:51 PM
get a new blank key from Honda and get it cut.

nickiipoohz
17-09-2005, 12:43 AM
hey that looks like mine dude... ur rubbers been ripped off..

Delta_One
17-09-2005, 02:26 AM
I have a 93 Honda Accord, I have 2 keys with the rubber on it, and I also got them cut, cause one of the keys, the rubber is breaking away and my cut key slides in better, I was wondering if honda could make me a key as well, but it would probably cost $25 or so.

dundas
17-09-2005, 12:54 PM
how much would new keys cost???from honda..

FkjAccord
17-09-2005, 02:12 PM
I have a 93 Honda Accord, I have 2 keys with the rubber on it, and I also got them cut, cause one of the keys, the rubber is breaking away and my cut key slides in better, I was wondering if honda could make me a key as well, but it would probably cost $25 or so.

hey ppl i wanted to ask to get my rubber done as well but the bad news is that the rubber part (honda) comes with a new key... then you would have to get it cut.. i think last time i asked was around the 80 to 90 mark...
ill ask again for ya .. when im working...

blubber
17-09-2005, 03:05 PM
I made a copy of mine through a locksmith (think cost under $10) and it is the same shape as the Honda one. However make sure it is the same length as well cos he tried to do a dodgy on me! (gave me shorter key)

PNR888
17-09-2005, 05:16 PM
Lucky there is no microchip for immobiliser in the rubber bit of the key..

My friend chewed thru the rubber of his only key (rubber bit) for 5th gen Civic and lost the chip. It set him back $950 for new set of keys and immobiliser. Not to mention the cost of towing to Honda service department.

Insurance didn;t pay a cent.. I told him he should just get a jack hammer and screw the keyhole and claimed as accident.

Delta_One
17-09-2005, 05:22 PM
the bad news is that the rubber part (honda) comes with a new key... then you would have to get it cut.. i think last time i asked was around the 80 to 90 mark...
ill ask again for ya .. when im working...

That sucks! That's way too pricey, I will not pay that much just for some rubber.

When I went to the locksmith I asked if I could get a key with the Rubber or Plastic on them, Sadly it was too short and he said it wouldn't fit the type of key too!! :(

make sure it is the same length as well cos he tried to do a dodgy on me! (gave me shorter key)

I had that problem, He gave me a short key, I tried it in the ignition and it wouldn't go in, (Because I have to press my key in and then turn), but he just gave me a longer key, no extra cost :D

Delta_One
20-09-2005, 05:57 PM
Have you found out where to get them?

Rico
20-09-2005, 06:00 PM
I made a copy of mine through a locksmith (think cost under $10) and it is the same shape as the Honda one. However make sure it is the same length as well cos he tried to do a dodgy on me! (gave me shorter key)

thats what my locksmith did to, I couldn't take my key out since you have to push the accord key inside further to turn it on or take the key out, so I had to get a scaple knife and cut off the rubber so I could take the key out...frustrating stuff.

blubber
20-09-2005, 06:00 PM
I had that problem, He gave me a short key, I tried it in the ignition and it wouldn't go in, (Because I have to press my key in and then turn), but he just gave me a longer key, no extra cost :D

I had the opposite problem... my key went in... but wouldnt come out!! I had to shave off part of the rubber (cos have to puch key in to turn off)... so yer... make sure you check!