PDA

View Full Version : How much to install your Body kit?

alzteg
16-09-2005, 01:40 PM
I'm getting a bomex kit install opposed to an OEM replacement because I needed a new front and rear bar.

Now he wants to charge me 1k on top of the original repair fee because I have opted for body kit opposed to the OEM.

As he got some estimates of around 1k+ from a few places, some place near the temple in sunshine and somewhere else.

It would help if i could get a general cost of body kit installs so a price and place would be helpful. Thanks.

I've been quoted 800 for paint and fitting from jetspeed previously.

destrukshn
16-09-2005, 02:01 PM
ums. oem bars are still quite expensive, and in my opinion charging you an extra 1g on top isn't right, you can go buy a full kit for a 1g.
unless his including fitting and painting.

a genuine honda front bar and rear bar probably goes around.. 300-500 somewhere around there, tell me your car and i can tell ya.

alzteg
16-09-2005, 02:31 PM
I'm just talking install cost...
i supplied the kit...
i was going to supply an orginal front bar + rear bumper
but i got a kit instead

VTECACCORD
16-09-2005, 02:57 PM
what a rip off, he shouldn't charge any extra to install aftermarket kit.

true some aftermarket kits take longer to install, but hes charging you 1000 bucks, at 100 bucks an hour that works out to an extra 10 hours, i doubt it ill take him that long to put on 2 bumpers

alzteg
16-09-2005, 04:12 PM
Yes i think so to, So i'm going to gather evidence to dispute with him.

He claims its harder to paint cuz its not as smooth as plastic, he had to add some fibreglass to it because it left gaps and for mounting purposes. and it was hard to fit perfecally... but its also due to his lack of experience with body kits.

So i'm trying to get seperate quotes for fitting and painting.

wkdteg
16-09-2005, 06:26 PM
if he hasnt got much experience with body kits i wouldnt trust him with the job. i got quoted 800 for a jetspeed kit, + 1500 painting and fitting at autobarn airport west. but u said jetspeed was 800 so it looks like a better option.

KLA80T
16-09-2005, 10:27 PM
if you know some buddies who can help you do it yourself, do it and it will save you heeps of money..atleast a gran.... I got a full kit and only me, my brother and the rest of my mates did it and it cost me nothing except for paint, mesh (if not suuplied), sand paper etc... as long as the place were you are getting your kit from is reputable...like jetspeed, carmate etc... so as the kit would be ready to primer and paint. my kit cost me less than $1500 full kit (front bumper, rear and sideskirts) fitting, paint and customised sides skirts and rear bumper. if you try to investigate how to do it..you can...its very easy atleast the installation part. if youre not up for it, try to do some more quotes as it wouldn't cost you that much.

just a question though...$1000 just for paint and fitting for only the 2 bumpers but no side skirts right? the thing is it may be ok if side skirts are included and if the guy knows what hes doing...

joey_kev
17-09-2005, 10:58 AM
I got quoted in melbourne
full bodykit (front, side, rear) - fitted and painted
cheap one: $600
good one: $800

alzteg
17-09-2005, 11:39 AM
its a full kit. But either way I he should only charge for the fitting price. His already got it fitted so its a bit late to go somewhere else. Otherwise i would of went and got it fitted somewhere else and brought it back for him to paint.

Could you tell me where you got the quotes from?
So i can tell him to call up and confirm...

exquisit
17-09-2005, 04:22 PM
the price is a little bit steep
if u can shop around and c who else can do it for cheaper

alzteg
18-09-2005, 12:20 PM
anyone got any suggestions for places i can call for cheap quotes?

stephen8512
18-09-2005, 02:34 PM
if ur in sydney, go to dural prestige smash repairs. its the same one as silverwater prestige, only this one is in dural (sorta in woop woop). ive left my euro there and am getting it fitted with full mugen kit, front, side, rear + spoiler. painted and fitted i got a quote for 900 bucks with them fully sanding it down and repairing any fibreglass cracks and making it stronger by adding extra fibreglass on it at no extra cost. plus they gave me a courtesy car to lug my ass around in at 20 bucks per day.
check in yellow pages for dural prestige

alzteg
19-09-2005, 07:29 AM
that sounds like a good deal... thats wot they kinda did to my kit... apparently
too bad i'm in melb... i'll look it up and add it to my list of quotes

kenshin
19-09-2005, 07:55 AM
I'm just talking install cost...
i supplied the kit...

He claims its harder to paint cuz its not as smooth as plastic, he had to add some fibreglass to it because it left gaps and for mounting purposes. and it was hard to fit perfecally... but its also due to his lack of experience with body kits.

first you say its to just install the kit and next you're saying its for painting aswell?

alzteg
19-09-2005, 09:06 AM
I'm trying to figure out the difference in OEM Vs. Full Body Kit install cost, I would of thought the painting process was the same so they should cancel each other out.

But he said firbe glass is harder to paint than plastic and because most people don't get their fitting and painting quotes seperate, so any quotes would help.

So basically i'm trying to figure out $Bodykit install - $OEM install. As that should be the additional price I should have to pay... not 1k. So if theres a difference in painting cost i would have to add that to the equation too.

TYPE-R617
19-09-2005, 09:16 AM
got my kit fitted and painted for 1k its front, rear and side skirts, the side skirt was modified a lil bit dats y it cost me 1k but i got quoted $800 without modyfying anything. hope this helps. also they put on my fogs lights, carbon fibre gt wing for free.

alzteg
19-09-2005, 10:33 AM
Where did you get it done?

TYPE-R617
19-09-2005, 10:39 AM
DNA Autoworks in Clayton, havnt seen the quality of there craftmanship, i will be getting it tonight and will know how good there craftmanship is like then. where bouts u from?

tRipitaka
19-09-2005, 10:40 AM
1 grand sounds about right..

alzteg
19-09-2005, 10:49 AM
I'm from the western side of melb. What kind of modifications were done to your side skirts?

TYPE-R617
19-09-2005, 11:06 AM
I'm from the western side of melb. What kind of modifications were done to your side skirts?

cut and shaped to the contour of the body and moulded it to the body so it fits properly without gaps.

alzteg
19-09-2005, 11:12 AM
Apparently my kit had to be cut, to fit the head lights for some reason. Extended fibreglass on mounting areas and under the bonnet to fill gaps for the front bar. $200 extra for cut and shape is a bit much... but i guess these body fitters charge alot.

TYPE-R617
19-09-2005, 11:23 AM
yeh my cus is bout to get his kit bomex kit installed in like a few weeks, i'll let u know how much it'll cost him, how much was ur bomex kit and where did u get it from?

alzteg
19-09-2005, 01:11 PM
i got it for 745 delivered from viva garage.

From the sounds of it fittament wasn't easy.

I've gotten quotes 350 for fitting 700 for paint and another place 400 for fitting 650 for fitting and paint. But they are in sydney

TYPE-R617
19-09-2005, 01:17 PM
thats not bad price, thats for the whole kit rite? how did u get it so cheap? who's fitting it for u now?

alzteg
19-09-2005, 01:47 PM
Yeah front, rear + sides.

some dude in sunshine...

got a quote from Troubles Body Works foots west for 800-900max, 200 fitting 600 paint.

akira96
20-09-2005, 07:42 PM
im also looking 4 place to spray my kit (bx style as well) i got my fitted 4 $400
in adelaide, i when to have a quote a few place on spray and the most ask 4 1g. ani 1 know ani place/suguestion cheaper place in adelaide

alzteg
21-09-2005, 09:10 AM
i only got melb / sydney quotes, but vivagarage said they could recommened me to a few crash repair places and it would range around $900-1500 for fitting and paiting. So you could call up and ask them. You should of got it done together it might of been a bit cheaper.

civ_sik
21-09-2005, 09:16 AM
my mate got a front bar and rear bar for 1200 quite expensive but alot of work was required.

TYPE-R617
21-09-2005, 09:31 AM
my mate got a front bar and rear bar for 1200 quite expensive but alot of work was required.

what kind of front and rear bumpers are they and y so expensive? my front cost me a lil bit bcos i ordered it from america and its made out of urethane and not fibreglass.