PDA

View Full Version : Smaller wheels, more traction?

SKREMN
17-09-2005, 01:02 AM
I am now starting to give my car a bit not reving out fully yet but playing with vtec

Anyways I got a LSD box with my new motor and I find I have terrible wheel hop in 1ST if i start anything over 2 grand and floor it
Its pretty bad in 2ND as well when I shift hard
3RD ok that just spins well for the time being anyway

these are all made from about 6 1/2 grand shifts so i'll have to wait untill I hit 8 1/2 or so

I'm waiting for the right set of wheels to come along but I will going down to 16's with higher profile tyres

Will the size reduce this?

I currently got 17's with 215/40's

I've got this power extra now and it cant be unleashed!

nickiipoohz
17-09-2005, 07:55 AM
what engine are you running man? cos it sounds like you have a lot of power...

ginganggooly
17-09-2005, 08:25 AM
I am now starting to give my car a bit not reving out fully yet but playing with vtec

Anyways I got a LSD box with my new motor and I find I have terrible wheel hop in 1ST if i start anything over 2 grand and floor it
Its pretty bad in 2ND as well when I shift hard
3RD ok that just spins well for the time being anyway

these are all made from about 6 1/2 grand shifts so i'll have to wait untill I hit 8 1/2 or so

I'm waiting for the right set of wheels to come along but I will going down to 16's with higher profile tyres

Will the size reduce this?

I currently got 17's with 215/40's

I've got this power extra now and it cant be unleashed!

you'd probably get more luck changing bushes and engine mounts... i was going to suggest traction bars, but your car already has radius rods i believe.

SKREMN
17-09-2005, 09:26 AM
Thats right i have got radius rods they are the same thingys pretty much am i right?
I have all new engine mounts and have energy suspension motor mount inserts aswell
I did a ls/vtec conversion with JDM Type R internals
The bushes in my front end all seem fine had them cheaked out before i did the conversion

SKREMN
17-09-2005, 09:54 AM
I have the Motor mounts for these people and they work great so i'm thinking of getting more of there products
they claim that this will reduce wheel hop and so on but i'm shure thats if yours are totally stuffed but mine are good?
with these being stiffer could that help?
I guess theres no harm in trying and get flashy red bushes
just that the fitment will cost heeps!

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/cars/details.asp?ID=46&CategoryID=2&StartNum=1&OrderBy=&Keywords=&ShowMe=30

smoknhothonda
17-09-2005, 12:35 PM
Have you fitted a camber kit yet? This iwll help with traction also, and if you are still running the OEM control arm rubbers, you can change them to nolathane/polyurethane, which helps with wheel tramp also.

BlitZ
17-09-2005, 01:38 PM
what engine are u running mate.. u get crazy wheel hop like that u must have a beast of an engine.. + u also have lsd which give even more traction than the average bear.........

freak..sounds like u have a 12 second car there...

care to share...

i think u need like a traction bar to keep those ponies down...

u have only 4 options left.....

get wider tyres....
increase rear springs rates...
camber 0
and ahahah get wheelie bars

MR-VTEC
17-09-2005, 03:13 PM
what engine are u running mate.. u get crazy wheel hop like that u must have a beast of an engine.. + u also have lsd which give even more traction than the average bear.........

care to share...

I did a ls/vtec conversion with JDM Type R internals

;)

SKREMN
17-09-2005, 06:16 PM

care to share...

i think u need like a traction bar to keep those ponies down...

u have only 4 options left.....

get wider tyres....
increase rear springs rates...
camber 0
and ahahah get wheelie bars

wider tyres seems like it would bve better but as well if there is more to grab its more not able to spin and then hop more???

i guess it has to be tried

I'll prolly be doing 14's down the 1/4 if i get high 13's thats great but i think thats a bit off
still got a few things to do to ther car

i've got adjustable dampening konis as well i'm gonna have a go at putting them on soft now see if that helps

can someone explain me the differance between traction bars and radius rods?

2MPRSS
17-09-2005, 08:37 PM
man what about your cams??they didnt look type R to me

string
17-09-2005, 09:04 PM
Radius rods are not in the same catagory as a traction bar so you cannot really compare them.

Stock radius rods on the integra are not very well designed, and under hard launching or accelerating can bind, causing wheel hop. A nice traction bar (which usually replaces your stock front cross-member) solves this problem by using a 'perfect' radius rod design.

Maybe you have crap tyres.... But if you are getting this just from accelerating from 2k onwards, then there is some big problems going on, probably your mounts, because though you have a type-r head, you don't have any more torque down low than a normal LS, and I certainly don't have issues when I go WOT from 2000...

You do not have too much power, or a 13 second car, but there is plenty of potential there.

Saddly, motor mount inserts are pretty crappy, and will do the job, but won't last for ever.

Even more saddly, it is damn hard to find full mounts for the DA.

www.full-race.com for all your traction bar needs :)

SKREMN
18-09-2005, 04:24 AM
So id be looking at something like this?

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b164/skremnLS/da-3.jpg

its pretty much a strong version of what i got right?

(Designed with PERFECT suspension geometry, will not cause binding.

Aluminum knurled radius arms allow for quick and easy caster adjustment)

whats caster adjustment?

so i just get rid of my old cross member and looks liek ti bolts up onto my towing hooks but where would those two arms bolt onto? it doesnt use my standard mounting at all

SKREMN
18-09-2005, 09:16 PM
I backed off the dampening to fully soft andf raised the hight on the front
the car launches alot better now
still spins a hell of alot but hardly hops!
seconds are smooth

locote
18-09-2005, 09:48 PM
i had 215/40-17s on my car the rolling diametre is 609cms
factory integra 14s have 195/60-14 wich is 590cms
with the 17s i had increased my top speed and reduced my acceleration and had a lot more traction!!!!
id rev it out smash it into 2nd and all it do was squeal,
i put my 15s on 195/55-15 = 596cm diam, i can start a burn out in 1st and change into 3rd and still keep spinning!
i can feel the diference acceleration wise its hell of a lot quiker!!
my girls integra (stock gsi auto) could beat me when i had 17s on and ive moded my car and its manual.

if go to smaller diameter you will have even less traction!!!

locote
18-09-2005, 09:52 PM
and ive confirmed it all at the drags too. stock car run 15.6 @ 89mph
last week with 17s and 20hp more 15.8 @ 88mph

lost speed at all the traps!!
some more than 6ks!!