PDA

View Full Version : How To Check - Helical LSD Existance on Euro R CL1?.

aja
18-09-2005, 01:42 AM
Hi guys,

I'm newbie here. :D Me Currently running on H22A Euro R (JDM model). I just need to check the way to check the existance of Euro R LSD.

IMHO, the helical LSD does not work like normal LSD (whereby when turn the right tyre, the other tyre will spin too!! vice versa). Any other specific way to justify the existance of Helical LSD in Euro R?.

TQ

kam
18-09-2005, 02:23 PM
Euro has LSD? lol didnt know that !

aaronng
18-09-2005, 02:38 PM
This is CL1. The daddy of the CL7, which we all wish our CL9s were.

Nice, how did you score a CL1 here?!

aja
18-09-2005, 09:10 PM
Euro has LSD? lol didnt know that !

Kam,
Got. H22A Euro R CL1 manual tranny comes with helical LSD (non-clutch type) as a standard accessories. The only problem was i can't really 'feel' it's LSD existance!!. If like other normal engines such as B16A or B18C non-type R version, then it's easy to check. Just turn/spin the right-side tyre & the other side of course will follow!. So, i need a advice here how to check it.

aarong,
I rated it 7/10, maybe. Can't really felt the '220ps' power cause as we knew Accord is over weight!! (1330kgs gross + driver summore!) and the crank power always be over-rated by Japanese manufacturer!!. As for the gear ratio, i could say not so impressive though, cause coincidently my previous ride was Lancer CK4A MR 1.6 Mivec manual tranny also (chasis like Evo 4-6). Both gear ratio almost the same. To make thing worse, for 2nd & 3rd gear ratio, i would say Mivec better. Of course H22A has better top end, due to bigger cc displacement.

So far, this CL1 serve me ok lah, bring my family around etc. BTW, my car still in stock standard. I'll post up my car pics in here later!!

**Ghost**
18-09-2005, 10:28 PM
ur not in australia are u mate?|

wynode
18-09-2005, 10:45 PM
aja, just put it in first when you are stopped, give the steering wheel about 1/4 to 1/2 a turn and try putting the power down.

Should be able to tell pretty easy :)

aja
18-09-2005, 10:55 PM
ur not in australia are u mate?|

Ghost,

U are right. I'm from M'sia. Here quite rare to see Euro R around. Maybe got few, i think. Very hard to get parts also, all need to order direct from Japan / S'pore.

aja
18-09-2005, 11:01 PM
aja, just put it in first when you are stopped, give the steering wheel about 1/4 to 1/2 a turn and try putting the power down.

Should be able to tell pretty easy :)

wynode,

Thanks. will try that soon..

Another thing, what will happen after that?. Any identical symptoms to justify?

wynode
18-09-2005, 11:08 PM
Well on my non LSD equipped car.....if I turn the wheel significantly and try to apply full throttle in first....you can feel the inside wheel slipping and won't go in the direction you want.

Whereas if you have a LSD, the car will go in the direction you want :)

jl88rl
18-09-2005, 11:33 PM
Apa, Im coming to malaysia - KL, in 8weeks let me know if u need any parts ?

aja
19-09-2005, 12:26 AM
Apa, Im coming to malaysia - KL, in 8weeks let me know if u need any parts ?

JL88RL,

Really?. :D :D U coming to KL?. Another 8 weeks would be around early December. Technically speaking, my home located at Shah alam, Selangor. Around 20km only from KL!!. Just ring me once u arrived here. BTW, are u on holiday trip or something?.

Anyway, things to look for me..let me see..Can u help me find a Mugen ECU for Euro R CL1?. Millions thanks

aja
19-09-2005, 12:32 AM
Well on my non LSD equipped car.....if I turn the wheel significantly and try to apply full throttle in first....you can feel the inside wheel slipping and won't go in the direction you want.

Whereas if you have a LSD, the car will go in the direction you want :)

wynode,
Have not try it yet. maybe tomorrow morning i'll try it. Hopefully it works!!

BTW guys, here in M'sia, the most popular performance cars were Evos & sti. Skyline R33/34 is the 3rd popular. As for Honda, EG/EK were the most popular model. The most popular Honda engine transplant was B16A/B16B R & also B18CR.

We already have a Malaysian Accord Website. Not so much info i guess cause it's quite new. Here is the site :- www.myhavoc.net. The most popular Accord model here is the SV4 (equivalent to JDM CD6)!

aaronng
19-09-2005, 11:33 AM
Kam,
Got. H22A Euro R CL1 manual tranny comes with helical LSD (non-clutch type) as a standard accessories. The only problem was i can't really 'feel' it's LSD existance!!. If like other normal engines such as B16A or B18C non-type R version, then it's easy to check. Just turn/spin the right-side tyre & the other side of course will follow!. So, i need a advice here how to check it.

aarong,
I rated it 7/10, maybe. Can't really felt the '220ps' power cause as we knew Accord is over weight!! (1330kgs gross + driver summore!) and the crank power always be over-rated by Japanese manufacturer!!. As for the gear ratio, i could say not so impressive though, cause coincidently my previous ride was Lancer CK4A MR 1.6 Mivec manual tranny also (chasis like Evo 4-6). Both gear ratio almost the same. To make thing worse, for 2nd & 3rd gear ratio, i would say Mivec better. Of course H22A has better top end, due to bigger cc displacement.

So far, this CL1 serve me ok lah, bring my family around etc. BTW, my car still in stock standard. I'll post up my car pics in here later!!
Hey aja! You're a Malaysian? Hehehe. I think it's because you were spoilt by your 1.6Mivec in a light Lancer MR body! But nice, CL1s are not common if they are the original without an engine swap! Your car is better for cruising! Hehe. Post piccies! I like CL1 and CL7s!

Have you tried the CL9 Euro? 2.4L but only 187hp (about 189.6ps). K24A3 pulls less hard than H22A because we get to 6000rpm, have vtec and then all over at 7000rpm redline, and then fuel cut at 7200rpm....

aja
19-09-2005, 09:03 PM
Hey aja! You're a Malaysian? Hehehe. I think it's because you were spoilt by your 1.6Mivec in a light Lancer MR body! But nice, CL1s are not common if they are the original without an engine swap! Your car is better for cruising! Hehe. Post piccies! I like CL1 and CL7s!

Have you tried the CL9 Euro? 2.4L but only 187hp (about 189.6ps). K24A3 pulls less hard than H22A because we get to 6000rpm, have vtec and then all over at 7000rpm redline, and then fuel cut at 7200rpm....

aaronng,

May be i've been spoilted by lightweigt mivec body, i guess :D :D . BTW, I've changed my stock standard twin muffler to full set RS*R straight piping one. So far, ok lah.

I've not tried the CL9 Euro yet, cause here don't have that particular model since our Govt restricted to import Honda vehicle direct from Japan. Car here also not that cheap due to tax structure. Most of our local Honda came from Indonesia. Worst quality built-up ever!!!.

Anyway, i'll post my car pics soon.

aaronng
19-09-2005, 09:31 PM
Yup, I'm from Malaysia too. I stay in PJ. :D Have you tried asking those car workshops near Sunway College (Monash) if they have a CL1 tuning parts catalogue? It might state if it has LSD on the JDM one. Over here we have more exposure to the Accord Type R from UK rather than the CL1 Euro R. I have the tuning parts book on Accord CD and CL series. I'll check the specs to see if the JDM CL1 has LSD stock.

My friend who works near Federal Highway at Section 222 says that she has seen a CL7 Euro R driving around!

Hehe, guess what? Our Accords also come from Thailand! hahah... And our Corolla from South Africa. But still better than the crappy Kembara that we have at home. 1.3L 4WD auto, engine power 68hp, so power at wheels is probably 45-50hp. And it drinks 13L/100km on the highway.

aja
19-09-2005, 09:50 PM
Yup, I'm from Malaysia too. I stay in PJ. :D Have you tried asking those car workshops near Sunway College (Monash) if they have a CL1 tuning parts catalogue? It might state if it has LSD on the JDM one. Over here we have more exposure to the Accord Type R from UK rather than the CL1 Euro R. I have the tuning parts book on Accord CD and CL series. I'll check the specs to see if the JDM CL1 has LSD stock.

My friend who works near Federal Highway at Section 222 says that she has seen a CL7 Euro R driving around!

Hehe, guess what? Our Accords also come from Thailand! hahah... And our Corolla from South Africa. But still better than the crappy Kembara that we have at home. 1.3L 4WD auto, engine power 68hp, so power at wheels is probably 45-50hp. And it drinks 13L/100km on the highway.

aaronng,
hehehe :D :D . So u are Malaysian too!. What a coincident!!. I've been to N1, KSP, Amoil & other Sunway (Univ. Monash surround) performance parts before. They seemed 'don't like' H22A Euro R soo much!!. Almost none Euro R performance parts!! :confused: :confused: .

Actually got 1-2 CL7 Euro R here, but quite seldom see them driving around. Actually, we got a Euro R club, combined with some S'porean guys. Most of them running on Mugen bodyparts & performance parts.

I do agree with u on the Kembara comments, especially with it's fuel consumption (FC). Really fuel drinker!!. Really crap. Recently, Perodua came-out with Kembara 1.3 DVVT!. Heard that it's better in term of FC.

aaronng
19-09-2005, 10:56 PM
aaronng,
hehehe :D :D . So u are Malaysian too!. What a coincident!!. I've been to N1, KSP, Amoil & other Sunway (Univ. Monash surround) performance parts before. They seemed 'don't like' H22A Euro R soo much!!. Almost none Euro R performance parts!! :confused: :confused: .

Actually got 1-2 CL7 Euro R here, but quite seldom see them driving around. Actually, we got a Euro R club, combined with some S'porean guys. Most of them running on Mugen bodyparts & performance parts.

I do agree with u on the Kembara comments, especially with it's fuel consumption (FC). Really fuel drinker!!. Really crap. Recently, Perodua came-out with Kembara 1.3 DVVT!. Heard that it's better in term of FC.
Just checked the stock specs. Yes, there is a helical LSD in the JDM CL1 Euro R. Unfortunately, you can't test by turning one wheel and watching if the other wheel turns as well. But if you can get a friend to help you, put your car in neutral and then both of you try to turn both wheels at the same speed forward. If you can't do it, then you have a helical LSD. :D

I think my parents are going to sell the Kembara and get a MyVI. Too bad Perodua is getting the 2005 Daihatsu Sirion as the MyVi. If they had gotten the 2002 model, then it would have a 100hp engine instead! It's DVVT+7500rpm redline.

aja
19-09-2005, 11:58 PM
Just checked the stock specs. Yes, there is a helical LSD in the JDM CL1 Euro R. Unfortunately, you can't test by turning one wheel and watching if the other wheel turns as well. But if you can get a friend to help you, put your car in neutral and then both of you try to turn both wheels at the same speed forward. If you can't do it, then you have a helical LSD. :D

I think my parents are going to sell the Kembara and get a MyVI. Too bad Perodua is getting the 2005 Daihatsu Sirion as the MyVi. If they had gotten the 2002 model, then it would have a 100hp engine instead! It's DVVT+7500rpm redline.

Thanks. Will try it tomorrow evening & we will see the result how!!
MyVi waiting list now for a auto tranny full spec c/w ABS/SRS is around 6-7 months. Nothing surpise me actually. This is due to the non-reliable & unpopular Proton new model, Savvy. Most of the Proton enthusiant now turn to Perodua.

aaronng
20-09-2005, 12:29 AM
Thanks. Will try it tomorrow evening & we will see the result how!!
MyVi waiting list now for a auto tranny full spec c/w ABS/SRS is around 6-7 months. Nothing surpise me actually. This is due to the non-reliable & unpopular Proton new model, Savvy. Most of the Proton enthusiant now turn to Perodua.
I hope the information I found is correct. :)

I think Proton made a biiiiig mistake with the Savvy. Same like with the Gen.2. Over here, the Gen.2 is not selling at all, and in the UK, it's voted as one of the worst cars of 2004/05.

Perodua always gets it smart and right!

And yeah... the full spec one is the model that my parents want. But they can wait long.

aja
20-09-2005, 09:19 AM
I hope the information I found is correct. :)

I think Proton made a biiiiig mistake with the Savvy. Same like with the Gen.2. Over here, the Gen.2 is not selling at all, and in the UK, it's voted as one of the worst cars of 2004/05.

Perodua always gets it smart and right!

And yeah... the full spec one is the model that my parents want. But they can wait long.

Agreed with u on Peroton. Really produce & selling crap car!!. Wasting people money only.

As for popular Perodua Myvi, selling really like hot cakes now cost around RM48k i think. Assuming AUD1=RM2.8, that would be around AUD17.2k :wave: . Still looks expensive for a 1.3cc car to me. Luckily the built quality is reasonable!!.