PDA

View Full Version : Would you realese Button?

LUD02C
18-09-2005, 09:08 AM
Just say you made the decision for Patrick and Frank, you have a signed contract for 2006-2007 for Jenson Button.
- Would take some money and realese him?
- Fight for him no matter what?
- Demand more money (if so how much) and replace him?
- Button's contract with Williams is worth about $10 million a year, so get BAR to pay more, cash in on that and realese him, but who to replace him?

To me, its a lot of hassle for a guy who has had 100+ GP's and hasn't come close to winning one, both teams must see something big in the later stage of his career.

What would you do?

Kawasaki
18-09-2005, 09:38 AM
my opinion is biased seeing as I go for BAR Honda but hes doing a good job at honda

^^v
18-09-2005, 11:07 AM
option 1!
atm williams needs the cash! considering HP split with em...
n honestly what could they hope to achieve with button next season? coz i dun see em even coming close to the front in 06
and who wants a driver whoz so passionately against being in ones team... wouldnt help team moral that much...

n as for who would take Nick's place... i'd say chuck Nico in there... they need a young talent...

LUD02C
18-09-2005, 11:39 AM
Nice argument, but think like Frank and Patrick.
Jenson would bring sponsorship to the team, Cosworth make a strong V8 race engine.

^^v
18-09-2005, 11:48 AM
true true..
but theres no guarantees that he'll race for em even if he doesnt stay at BAR... he could just sit out the season (thought i dun see the point in that.. it would hurt his carrer massively!)

oh well.. just hope Honda waves more cash infront of Franks face..
a while ago there were reports that they would offer $90 million...

TwEigh
18-09-2005, 12:52 PM
no body want to work for old disable boss and having a stupid suicidal team mate, while the team next year peformance is in doubt

kenshin
18-09-2005, 12:56 PM
and who wants a driver whoz so passionately against being in ones team... wouldnt help team moral that much...

n as for who would take Nick's place... i'd say chuck Nico in there... they need a young talent...

i said the same last year with button saying he wanted out of honda and into williams...

look what a good year it has been for him.

in saying that i do hope honda retains his services for next year... but like sir frank says "...if a man gives his word, then changes his mind what does that say for the man..."

nick has signned for bmw works team so he's out of the question...

i say williams should sign on the pizza man!

^^v
19-09-2005, 12:11 AM
... but like sir frank says "...if a man gives his word, then changes his mind what does that say for the man..."
!

if its morals...
then yes... Button is in the wrong... doesnt say much for his character... i mean frank was the one who helped him gain a foothold in f1...

but f1 isnt about morals... its about getting the fastest drive.. with the best team/driver...and ofcourse winning (and cant forget money)
and thats how button is thinking... cant blame him at all...

bigteethygrin
19-09-2005, 04:40 PM
cash comes and cash goes.. success though would seem more likely with button on board than without. I really hope williams get some power out of the cosworth though.. I'd hate for them to become a low budget team competing for the lower order positions.

civ_sik
19-09-2005, 10:12 PM
keep him or demad lots of cash...

Vivski
20-09-2005, 02:59 AM
LOTS more!! :p Milk 'em for all they're worth.

Petronas
20-09-2005, 05:49 PM
If it was up to me, Demand money and lost of it while their at it, Get Jaques and chuck him in the car with a 1 year contract and see what he does, Lure Castrol for their main sponser and Stay with Cosworth for 2007 if they're any good in 2006 (eventually buying Cosworth in 2008)

jackosimm
20-09-2005, 07:06 PM
ive gone for keep him, for some reason which i really cant elaborate on