PDA

View Full Version : CAI short runner question

Sitwy
18-09-2005, 11:09 PM
I just wondering is CAI with short runner intake pipe will have faster response than a longer one?

bennjamin
18-09-2005, 11:11 PM
yes , yes it will.
From what ive read up , the shorter the pipe from the air-filtering element back , the shorter the response.

Sitwy
18-09-2005, 11:17 PM
that's cool...thx mate

bennyBear
19-09-2005, 12:11 AM
From what i understand, i dont believe it would make a noticable difference, more importantly, a shorter intake such as SRI will suck in tons of warm air after the car has been running for a while.

After a lot of screwing around, i've gone for best of both worlds. I have an SRI with a small extension so the pod sits directly where the factory air box was, and then ran a 100mm flexi-pipe from the front bar so that it sits under the pod.

SRI response, CAI goodness. ;)

Sitwy
19-09-2005, 12:15 AM
yeah....that's what I thinking of ...coz my intake pipe go thru in to the factory air box position, and the pod filter sit inside.
althrough it can suck cold air there...but I was thinking just make it shorter if it can gain faster response...

sydteg21
22-09-2005, 10:08 AM
is it right, i have read two opposite answer from this question

bennjamin
22-09-2005, 12:06 PM
is it right, i have read two opposite answer from this question

the intake arm length = from filter back...anything else is simply a "cold air feed" infront :)

So , shorter the length of the "intake arm" , in theory the shorter the throttle response.
Other attributes such as air density , pipe width/surface come into play ofcourse :)