PDA

View Full Version : anyone stuck their muffler on the kerb :( B4

sydteg21
19-09-2005, 12:05 PM
yesterday i was reversing to a car park spot, didn't realize the kerb was so high and the car parking beside was so short (cos i always compare the car beside me to know where i should stop reversing), and suddenly my tire hit the kerb with a little wired noise , i realized i went to far, so i changed to first gear wanted to go front a bit, the car could not move , and it stalled, so i got off and went back, i saw the exhaust pipe stuck on the f**king kerb :( second time i got it out and saw a scratch on the kerb and little scratch under my stainless muffler(painful :( ). the muffler did not move and everything seems to be fine, do you guys think i should go to check it just in case something is wrong or just leave it.

spoondc2
19-09-2005, 12:29 PM
Should be fine if it doesn't have any leakage.... but that really hurts ay....

blubber
19-09-2005, 03:39 PM
you would probably be able to hear it if there is "leakage" i.e shit sound

euro1978
19-09-2005, 04:22 PM
It will be fine.

I used to scrape my mufflers on a daily basis out my driveway.

It hurts but there was nothing I could do unless I wanted to raise teh teg and back then it was not an option.

LO_N_SXC
19-09-2005, 04:41 PM
Ouch!

Yeah man that belive it or not has never happened to me!

what I do is open my door just a bit and look backwards as I reverse, looks odd but if it prevents you from causing damage to your ride then why the hell not?

and my car is planted too! yours should be fine tho, if you don't hear any leaks or nothing is loose then you're A OK.

just be careful so it dont happen nex time.

sydteg21
19-09-2005, 06:21 PM
i am not worrying about the muffler leakage, i think the muffler is pretty tough,i'm worrying about the joints of exhaust pipes, cos there was a big force involved in ,normally the weakest part is joint.

DC2108
19-09-2005, 11:31 PM
yeh i did that once but not as bad
yes it hurt any sound of scrapin from ya car hurts lolz
it funnni but when u c other pplz do it lolz

LO_N_SXC
20-09-2005, 09:52 AM
i am not worrying about the muffler leakage, i think the muffler is pretty tough,i'm worrying about the joints of exhaust pipes, cos there was a big force involved in ,normally the weakest part is joint.
Should be fine!

If there was any force involved then most likely the rubber hangers would have taken all the stress, but if in doubt just jack the car up place it on stands and have a look at the joints for cracks and so on.

V-techWhore
20-09-2005, 10:09 AM
welcome to the pains of car modifications.

LO_N_SXC
20-09-2005, 10:12 AM
welcome to the pains of car modifications.
Yeah and that may just have been a sample of things to come! :(

sydteg21
20-09-2005, 05:50 PM
damn,i just got some aftermarket spring and shocks, planning to lower the car 2", now it makes me think if my car was 2" lower, what would have happened. This is the question. How many people have lowered their car more than 1 3/4",just wondering any troubles on the road like speed bump etc....have to find out all the possibilities now ,don't want to get surprises one by one : (