PDA

View Full Version : Altezzla signal light colours?

Rico
20-09-2005, 09:24 AM
Are red coloured signal lights illegal? The ones on my car are red and my mates told me that you can get defected for that. And is it possible to change this or do I have to remove my lights?

tRipitaka
20-09-2005, 09:31 AM
should be defectable, as signal lights should be amber..

notorious_ahmie
20-09-2005, 10:34 AM
yeh i think it is..although ive been pulled ova a few times and they havent got me for em YET...theres a couple of solutions though...i heard if u put a green light itll make it go orange, or u can put it in the reverse light cause thats clear..but then u got a prob..the reverse lights will be red

civ_sik
20-09-2005, 10:49 AM
yeh green light will make it flash orange and or you can do the reverse light thing.

chaos coupe
20-09-2005, 10:59 AM
yeah get the green globes it wouldn't be amber but pretty close

Rico
20-09-2005, 11:25 AM
awesome!! I can pick these globes up around any auto shop right?

Mike_
20-09-2005, 12:27 PM
sometimes. You might need to go to a store that stocks "performance" products, as green globes are uncommon.

And a warning, as I have red indicators too, the green bulb flashes orange, but due to the darker colouring of the globe itself, they arent very bright. At night-time its fine, but during the day, if they're in direct sunlight, the light is practically invisible.

Rico
20-09-2005, 05:58 PM
are you sure about that? cause that's really scary, I might risk it then cause I drive more in the daylight than I do in the dark.

All_Motor
20-09-2005, 08:36 PM
If you going into any hobby shop. Tamiya(brand) have a clear green paint that you can use over the standard clear bulb, costs around $3.

I used to do this for my old altezzas, worked pretty well..

civ_sik
20-09-2005, 08:52 PM
yeh just get a green die and should work fine otherwise a equall brioghtness green light otherwise it will be too faint but should be okay with the same wattage.

Terry
20-09-2005, 09:51 PM
If you going into any hobby shop. Tamiya(brand) have a clear green paint that you can use over the standard clear bulb, costs around $3.

I used to do this for my old altezzas, worked pretty well..
Thats a great idea!:D

All_Motor
21-09-2005, 12:40 AM
From what i remember seeing recently they have now also got clear red, clear orange, clear blue and clear yellow, maybe more??

Mike_
21-09-2005, 01:36 PM
Yeah, after i used lens dye on my front indicators to make them orange, im considering buying regular globes and using green lens dye - should be better for the brightness, but beware of this:

The more you use, the darker the light gets - but if you dont make it a pure green, then you wont get a good orange from the indicator. It's a trade-off

SINISTR
21-09-2005, 03:07 PM
You can't have Reverse lights as 'CORNER' indicators... exactly for that reason - they are on the corner and need to be visible from the SIDE of the vehicle - not just the rear.

You're more likely to get defected for having indicators instead of your reverse lights - than probably having red signals. Its much more dangerous - its like having no indicators at all.

SINISTR
21-09-2005, 03:09 PM
yeah get the green globes it wouldn't be amber but pretty close

Wouldn't RED and GREEN make the indicator flash 'CRAP' Brown?

id suggest YELLOW as simple colour wheel will show you yellow and red make orange.

just my 2 cents.

Keepleft
27-09-2005, 09:05 AM
Too funny,

The joys of purchashing North American market lamps in a non-North American market. These particular lamp models, as described in this thread, are designed for FMVSS108 Regulations that apply Stateside. Australia and the rest of the world follow what are called UN/ECE Regulations.

We for example have side-indicator repeater lamps on fenders, the Yanks do not, and we don't show a red light to the rear-sides that the American market taillights show. AND our rear indicators are not RED, though amber, although it is also an American market 'option' for them. Think of a US tail lamp thus: Red tail, red stop, red rear fog, red indicator, red reflector lol, BUT their reverse function can be white or amber, rivetting isn't it?!! AND our front parkers (sidelights) are not amber a la USA, which for them also flash as indicators!! Our indicators however are amber. . . .

Frankly, the American FMVSS108 tail lamp regulations in particular are ancient, certainly very low class. No offence intended to our American colleagues.

THEREFORE, IF you ever replace any vehicle lamp here in Australia, ensure the replacement lamp bears an E Mark on its lens surface. This will give ADR Compliance for the functions of the lamp you intend to buy.

SOMETIMES an aftermarket tail-lamp for your car will bear a rear fog light compartment-function, which your original AUS spec factory lamp might not. If so, NEVER use that rear fog light as an additional brake-light, this action contravenes ADR49/00 in relation to photometrics (brake-light brightness). You could however, use it for the intended function.

Reading the E codes (for defect potential) is easily done and transport inspectors are increasingly doing this.

Note: I've seen some Altezzla lamps that do bear E Coding, all well and good. Enjoy.

Rico
27-09-2005, 05:26 PM
say what

LOL

Keepleft
27-09-2005, 05:30 PM
Hey look Rico:-) I kept my response as simple as I could without being too technical....

One needs to read all posts to see why I've done so.

Just in case....

Rico
27-09-2005, 11:08 PM
nah it's cool mate, i understood it, just wasn't expection such a response on a forum like this.

googed
10-02-2010, 11:34 PM
bump an old ass thread...

anyone know where to purchase a green indicator bulb that will flash BRIGHT.
led's will not do the job?