PDA

View Full Version : What CAI model use for ek4 Civic?

lazymofo
20-09-2005, 05:54 PM
ive been searching around and dont seem to have found actual model name/numbers for cold air intakes for ek4 civics..anyone got suggestions and approx pricing?

r0ma
20-09-2005, 06:11 PM
I saw an advert in a sig the other day on here,

the guys nam is Weq,

It said;

"Do you need an intercooler piping kit? Or a CAI? PM me. Quality, alluminum, and cheap! Bolt-on! "

Maybe shoot him a PM?

JDMTMY
20-09-2005, 06:19 PM
lowie bro...just ebay it and buy a no name brand...or just buy k&n pod and then get custom piping made... no need for the branded stuff... all works the same :)
there are heaps of brands out for ek4's...eg.. injen CAI

lazymofo
20-09-2005, 06:22 PM
yeh but i was looking thru the sites for k&n and it doesnt say if its for ek..its got like ex dx whatever..im assuming thats the new american coupes isnt it?? and doesnt say specific for ek4...just wanna find specifically made for ek4 with proven gains eh!...gotta milk asmuch power as possible ;)

DohcKeVTEC
20-09-2005, 06:37 PM
hey bro... online performance down in sydney sell AEM CAI for the ek they got d short ram and a long ram i think its about $350 for d long ram and $150 for d sort ram roughly, my mate had a long in his teggy vtiR sounded wiked also more responce dont know about kw gain though contact them maybe they can ship it up brisbane 4 ya

JDMTMY
20-09-2005, 06:48 PM
wont get much KW gains outa a CAI man...but yeh does sound SIK!!! why not get one of those icebox thingies...the ones made by mugen? or apexi? one of those brands..cant remember.

DohcKeVTEC
20-09-2005, 07:06 PM
i got a arc air box in my ek good throttle responce bit pricee but...........
its just d brand if u wanted and can afford it y not but imo r good too just shop around they all do all d same stuff i guess

lazymofo
20-09-2005, 07:20 PM
tru thx eh!..ill keep having a look around

genesis
20-09-2005, 07:45 PM
comptech
mugen
ARC
AEM
hks
custom with dc2 airbox

Tu88y
20-09-2005, 07:48 PM
Injen makes a CAI for EK

Or if you live in Sydney go down to liverpool exhaust and get some pipping from them and do a DIY CAI

panda
20-09-2005, 07:56 PM
j's whale penis :thumbsup:

tRipitaka
20-09-2005, 08:21 PM
yep, i vouch for the j's whale penis too

civ_sik
20-09-2005, 08:55 PM
obviously depends on how much you want to spend.. diy cheap and effective, or j's whale penis style for expensive but really good..

kayot1k
20-09-2005, 09:02 PM
j's whale penis really all that ?
compared to any ol' CAI. is it the design or psychological ?

how does it differ, i thought the best you can get it a pod getting fed cold air.

DohcKeVTEC
20-09-2005, 09:58 PM
i guess j's whale penis is good but depends on d owner of the ride Aem V2 cai is good too bcoz its a long ram which gets cold air from under the fender and has a 4inch intake chamber but u have to get rid of the splash tray 4 ur fender to make it a worth while mod, c wit me i didnt like the idea of removing any items from my car so i chose d Arc air box

luzinit
21-09-2005, 01:12 AM
j's whale penis is good, if it was always cold..... i had my j's copy during the summer months earlier this year and believe me, performance suffers dramatically on those 30degree+ days.....

wynode
21-09-2005, 01:30 AM
I was just going to say!

The j's whale penis is hardly a CAI (as per the thread title) genisis is on the ball.

BlitZ
22-09-2005, 10:24 AM
has it even been tested and proven? cause i really dont understand the design concept.. would it loose velocity.. its like having an exhuast that it 2 1/4 and all of a sudden it goes to 4" and comes back again

kayot1k
22-09-2005, 11:08 AM
my suspicions exactly, whats with the design.

luzinit
22-09-2005, 12:31 PM
cant comment about how effectively it works, but it works as a venturi so it speeds up the velocity of the air as it enters the intake. so thats the design principle part, it goes from big to small.... not small to big to small.. but then again, thats what AEM v2 does.

for 1/4 mile, imo the cai is better than j's copy from personal experience.

sydteg21
22-09-2005, 04:23 PM
AEM ,comptech air box,trust,apexi

cuaza
24-09-2005, 02:48 AM
hey

with a short ram..would it be taking all the hot/warm air from the engine?

with long ram would you have problems with it getting wet at all?

btw does a CAI really make that much of a sound difference? im pretty noob with this so i dunno? wat type of sound is it?

Taxi-R
27-09-2005, 12:16 AM
yes on take off, u will b sucking all the nice warm/hot air in thru ur filter. BUT when ur car is going, the cool air will make it's way thru the front ur filter will find cool air. i believe if u remove ur resonator tube thingy u will get more air thru from the front. i found that after driving, if u quickly jump outta ur car and feel ur filter, it's cool. hence my stated observations.
with the CAI (long versions), u won't suck in the warm/hot air since it's in the front bumper (hence better for take off) but i have a feeling that because it's there, it doesn't get "as much" air as the short version would hence performance may not b as good as the short version whilst the car is going.
the esprit ek9 has a short version and that thing FLIES!
i haven't noticed any jap race car use the long versions come to think of it...

and pod filter will make a BIG diff in sound. just idling, generally u r ur filter sucking air in like an airplane idling (u know the hissing noise?). then when u put the pedal to the metal, u here an awesome fart noise. now, depending on the type of filter u get, the noise varies a bit. the apexi one gives a very nice racey fart...the sound of quality - i'm abt to order one myself =P

hey

with a short ram..would it be taking all the hot/warm air from the engine?

with long ram would you have problems with it getting wet at all?

btw does a CAI really make that much of a sound difference? im pretty noob with this so i dunno? wat type of sound is it?