PDA

View Full Version : Honda MOMO CTR/ITR steering wheel

eknine
28-02-2004, 08:09 PM
i'm not sure if i have done this on ozhonda b4, but i did provide the same info to the boys on Honda-Tech

if you are buying the above steering wheel to fit into your ek or eg civic...pls make sure you buy the right one :P

if you own a ek civic = buy the CTR steering wheel
if you own the eg civic = buy the ITR steering wheel

no one is gonna tell you the easiest or the most cost effective way to learn this other than moi! :D

eknine
28-02-2004, 08:09 PM
the CTR/ITR ones look like this
taken from Item number: 2463067936
http://autosonic.com/EK/SWCTR1.jpg

eknine
28-02-2004, 08:12 PM
the JDM ITR airbag-LESS ones looks like this

taken from ebay auction item number: 2462241538
http://i13.ebayimg.com/02/i/01/61/07/dd_1_b.JPG

eknine
28-02-2004, 08:13 PM
and now you might ask what is the difference....as above i'm showing you the different steering wheels

now the following is the most crucial of your buy, mess it up, you **** it up:)

Pls see and concentrate on the locating slit which looks like this

|or http://www.ozhonda.com/images/line.gif

eknine
28-02-2004, 08:18 PM
THE CTR LOCATING SLIT LOOKS LIKE THIS -> "north-south" direction ->|
http://autosonic.com/EK/SWCTR2.jpg

eknine
28-02-2004, 08:20 PM
THE ITR LOCATING SLIT looks like this -> "east-west" direction -> http://www.ozhonda.com/images/line.gif

this is the JDM airbag-less

http://i12.ebayimg.com/03/i/01/60/fa/15_1.JPG

eknine
28-02-2004, 08:33 PM
how i wish to show you all the rear pix of ITR airbag version, however this week seemed to be a very slow week on ebay....nonetheless a comment on the iTR airbag version-> on the front, it looks exactly the same as the CTR steering wheel.

HOWEVER on the rear everything looks the same as the CTR EXCEPT that THE LOCATING SLIT goes the other way "east - west" direction -> see the airbag less version

Rowie
28-02-2004, 08:34 PM
Thanks for that info :)

eknine
28-02-2004, 08:38 PM
:D

ps: thx Rowie for facilitating the changes:)

Rowie
28-02-2004, 08:49 PM
yes, patience my friend.... it is done now :)

eknine
28-02-2004, 09:23 PM
....alritey b4 anyone start asking any stupid question...one other way to tell which is for ur CIVIC.....

"go remove ur steering wheel and check"

i have save you all from buying the wrong one for ur civic, i.e the pain , the money or whatever dreadful reason ...least you can do for urself -> if you can't take it at face valve of a post whore then complement urself by taking out ur steering wheel and check.....

i'm sure i have point you all away from most of the dreadfuls.....the only other dreads is to learn from mistakes<laffz>..and purchasing JDM parts can be the most expensive mistake ....

ps: if necesasary, i will take out the CTR steering wheel from my dreadful storage, which adam(CTR) will tell you that it took me ages to retrieve anything from my storage room, i will do it if anyone is soon buying a honda momo steering wheel so you can cross-check it with your current to ensure you get the right locking slit on the right diameter of the spline locator:)....which is the next most important question actually<kekekeke>

eknine
28-02-2004, 09:33 PM
finally i advise anyone buying the honda MOMO steering wheel to remove ur steering prior to any purchase...this save alot of hassle in term of legality and/or some just like to point finger to this and that...let all not go into aftermath...

nothing is sure unless you can make sure of it urself...trust urself and no one:)

A'PEXi
28-02-2004, 09:47 PM
how much do the ctr ones go for normally?

carbine
28-02-2004, 10:55 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6763&item=24630679 36

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6763&item=24622415 38

DarkCoupe
28-02-2004, 11:45 PM
I Wouldn't mind one ... tastey .... :D

eknine
29-02-2004, 08:41 AM
if you are thinking of buying from ebay,

i highly recommend ebay seller id: Japandy
because he usually price a lil above the rest and his parts are often in tip top condition...there is alot a pix can tell you, but to a naked eye starting to buy online...there is alot of which an inexperience cannot pick...sometime you end up bidding on something which looks extremely good but the condition is less than ideal...and upon receiving you may start asking questions...but infact all the defects are seen on the pix:)

the price of the momo steering wheel on ebay on any good day is comparatively cheaper than buying from honda australia. locally prepared to pay for an ITR brand new with the airbag at abt AUS$2100 (i think this is the lowdown)...on ebay the price ranges from USD$250 - USD$480.....a good rule of thumb-> the americans usually have a keen eye on good condition pieces, often marked by high bidders starting out with decent feedback rates.

on an average week, ebay also serve as a good souce of info on rough market rate of the parts....if the auction has not ended don't assume thats the rate and even its ended it doesn't prove anything..the average is usually a 2 months watch ...alot of time buying and selling is done outside ebay or the very last 10-20seconds..you be surprised to pay cheap and received a questionable defects...remember "what you pay is what you get" :)

finally buying on ebay or buying as a general rule of thumbs -> never expects to have the shipping cost buddles together as one price..shipping and insurance cost is additional- unlike some, ebayers seldom provides an over optimistic rates. while i highly stress the important of insurance, i also stress the importance of good relationship with any sellers(alot of them may have taken done the same path of ur project , they in turn leds you to better and bigger contacts or knowledge and insights)...anyway i have since rejected over 6 used MOMO steering wheel and lucky to walk away from any negative feedbacks- i'm a picky bastard<laffz>

if you are not prepard to pay, pls don't bid...iffy bids are not going anywhere, there are times you put in a high reserves which you are not willing to go and believe me there are bastards(seller and/or buyers) out there with multiple accounts/mates which will test your bids out.....in any case-> U are snipered!

with the current exchange rate...it a haven out there and if you hear local suppliers not giving you the discount ...they are just so full of shit...so g'luck in ur purchases:)

if you are unsure abt any of the buying , locally i still points you to
one that is less prone on any agenda selling -> this :roll: (www.jdmyard.com) <- click on the emoticons doh! :D

genesis
29-02-2004, 07:36 PM
yeh japandy is a good bloke

DarkCoupe
29-02-2004, 11:00 PM
I checked his online site out ... seems like he's a good seller (really high rating)

luck guy! gets to live in Japan and have access to all those juicy goodies ...

he has CTR steering wheel on sale now ... but it's from a 97 model and it's without an airbag (I'd prefer an airbag one)

hmm ... I might send him a message and see if he can get me some stuff ... have any of you guys (eg. eknine and genesis) bought some stuff from him ?? what's he like to deal with?

eknine
01-03-2004, 10:29 AM
how's it like to deal with him...same as with all ebay transaction:)
i just recommend him coz he has some very good rep internationally with JDM buyers..

anyway just write to him...from my hazy memory his name is Andy:)

maybe genesis deal with him b4....

gatecrasher
02-03-2004, 07:13 AM
I'm interested in getting a ctr wheel from the states. Do you have any websites you know besides ebay where i can get one?

eknine
02-03-2004, 07:31 AM
I'm interested in getting a ctr wheel from the states. Do you have any websites you know besides ebay where i can get one?

have you tried to click the emoticons abt 2 post up with looks like this :roll: ....give it a go and you will see it ...otherwise just pm me:)

gatecrasher
02-03-2004, 08:02 AM
i tried the emoticon in the top post, the site is under construction. Also what do you think of the CTR wheel currently on ebay. Will it be a safe transaction (money, quality, actually arrive in aust.)?

Civic Type R
02-03-2004, 01:14 PM
nice work Roy !

and everyone please. Before u ask questions, do yourselves a favour and remove your wheel for peace of mind - as suggested.