PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! jdm cat

steve
21-09-2005, 04:34 PM
hey guys

In a spot of bother at the moment,
My trusted exhaust shop was fitting my jdm header/cat 2day and found that header fitted no probs but the flange from cat to exhaust is different

Exhaust shop told me that all aus spec cats hence flanges for cats are a 2 bolt design, While my jdm cat is a 3 bolt design

I need a 3 bolt flange so it can be welded to my cat back exhaust so cat n exhaust can be joined

So where can i source a 3 bolt flange from? In a hurry?

ian
21-09-2005, 04:48 PM
i'm kinda in the same situation as you dude...............but my problem is the other end from yours.......my new b-pipe won't fit because my stock cat is too long.

hope you get yours sorted out soon steve. :thumbsup:

steve
21-09-2005, 04:51 PM
you 2 mate...

So Frustrating!!! argh:mad:

ian
21-09-2005, 04:56 PM
fark....tell me about it!.....sux man.

Weq
21-09-2005, 05:30 PM
umm its called cut and weld. any exhaust shop can mod ur exhaust to fit

steve
21-09-2005, 06:15 PM
umm its called cut and weld. any exhaust shop can mod ur exhaust to fit

I dont think you understand what i'm after...

I need a 3 bolt flange to weld to 1 end of a small length of pipe which will bolt to the cat, and at the other end will be a 2 bolt flange to bolt to my existing exhaust system.

The cat cant be welded onto as it is not a good idea to run huge volts/amps, woteva, thru the metals which are used inside the cat

Sitwy
21-09-2005, 07:52 PM
can't u just cut and weld it together with an extend pipe?
u dun want to do it or u not able to do it?

ACTI0NMAN-1
21-09-2005, 07:58 PM
I dont think you understand what i'm after...

I need a 3 bolt flange to weld to 1 end of a small length of pipe which will bolt to the cat, and at the other end will be a 2 bolt flange to bolt to my existing exhaust system.

The cat cant be welded onto as it is not a good idea to run huge volts/amps, woteva, thru the metals which are used inside the cat

You're supposed to disconnect your ecu and battery, you shouldnt have a problem with stick welding.

Sitwy
21-09-2005, 08:00 PM
why is that....is that affect if the battery still connected?

ACTI0NMAN-1
21-09-2005, 08:04 PM
why is that....is that affect if the battery still connected?

Welding runs on a curcuit, its not uncommon for the current to use the easiest path, somethimes it can be through your ecu or other electrical parts. Without the battery connected, the current wont be able to draw a path thru your electrical equipment because there is a gap.
I'm sure someone can explain better than me.

Sitwy
21-09-2005, 08:17 PM
That's very clear....^.^ thx mate....
by the way, I dun think those exhaust shop ppl will bother to unplug your nagative...^.^

steve
22-09-2005, 06:01 PM
problem solved guys, they ended up making a new flange to suit using a electronically controlled cutter, perfect match :D