PDA

View Full Version : cAN I sUPERCHARGE MY 02 AUTO

MS[HYPED]
22-09-2005, 11:31 AM
I have a Integra 2002 model, and i was interested in Supercharging my car, but i have read in the tec section that they do not fit on the Auto model. I would like to know what performance Modifications, N/A can be done to get some good power out of my engine, i have put on a K&N rampod for a start. thanks!

BLKCRX
22-09-2005, 12:10 PM
sadly no, there is no engine management available for a automatic transmission , currently.
Regards James

sydteg21
22-09-2005, 04:09 PM
no you can't ,i don't think it meaningful to do that anyways, just sell it and get manual : )

integraz
22-09-2005, 04:24 PM
yep what syd teg21 said, don't bother.
I've been looking for substantial mods for the 02 teg for the past 2 years and nothing ...
well of course there are the usual bolt on such as CAI, exhuast, header, and maybe a vtec controller

and the fastest base auto ive heard of is in USA that runs 15.8....15.8!!!
now thats for n/a

for forced induction:
you have the option to turbocharge..about 6000? ish for a cybernation kit maybe a bit less. which will take u down the 1/4 mile in.. 14.2 which a Cai equiped Type r can acheive.

or you could wait for comptech to release a s/c kit which will cost around 5k but dont expect any big gains maybe high or low 14s? comptech said they will release a kit in the coming months but thats been long overdue.

just go out and buy a type r and that'll be a worthy "mod".

BUT cause i must answer your question:

1/ feed a tube or ducting of some sort to enhance the k/n rampod ability or you'll be sucking up hot air in the engine bay.
2/ exhuast + header
3/ ecu piggyback such as apexi vtec controller. and tuned

you should achive about 15kws max for around 2.5k

which may satisfy you for a while, but i doubt for any long..

MS[HYPED]
22-09-2005, 04:36 PM
It's tiptronic? does that make any difference

Tofu
22-09-2005, 06:42 PM
nope...tiptronic or not..it's still an auto
if you want to turbo your auto...the gearbox will shift early...meaning it will automatically shift at around 4,000rpm in D mode, it won't let you rev to 6,500rpm even if you keep your foot down...
you will best be driving in M mode

I have an auto DC5 as well...and would love to wait for the Comptech S/C kit..

MS[HYPED]
23-09-2005, 08:15 AM
serious wat modes gave you got done to ur integra that makes it run faster?
u know when the comptech s/c kit will b coming out?

Tofu
23-09-2005, 01:57 PM
the Comptech S/C kit is still in development
everyone in the USA are also waiting for it..but many have just rather spent their money on the turbo kit by CN

Terry
23-09-2005, 02:14 PM
i heard that the Buddy Club Spec B computer can alter the shifting point of the auto gearbox........may be u can try to get one

Check it out:D ~
http://www.first-inc.co.jp/buddyclub/computer/b_computer.htm

VTECDABES
23-09-2005, 02:59 PM
what about Nitrous setups? iv seen a older integra munch wrx's and 200's by carlengths. there has to be a way to get them to run quick, Maby changing internals and runnin 100 shot nos kit will get it running quicker?

integraz
23-09-2005, 04:06 PM
maybe the older integra was type r?
and yes you can get them quick, but the auto lets the engine down, i heard it takes 20% of power... correct me if im wrong.
if u wanna make it go fast, get a car that was aimed at going fast.
or if you really want your integra to go fast then i suggest a fully built motor and gearbox with a turbo hanging off the side.

Cr@ckerJ@ck
23-09-2005, 07:54 PM
Man just sell it and buy this > http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=306330

DO IT NOW!!

Tofu
24-09-2005, 12:16 AM
using NOS on the auto is possible...but speaking about changing internals first on the auto to allow for nos..not going to happen
there are no internals made for the k20a3 currently on the market, unless you go custom

wanting to gain too much power from the auto dc5 you will need to have a deep pocket to either replace the auto box very often, get it rebuild and strengthen it, or manual conversion...

but why bother...the auto is a nice cruising car