PDA

View Full Version : what's the biggest handicap for DC4???

sydteg21
22-09-2005, 04:59 PM
I start first, i think the tranny is the biggest handicap,if we have same tranny between vti r and DC4, i don't think vti r can beat DC4. can anyone else list others. :)

Da1nONLY
22-09-2005, 05:05 PM
I start first, i think the tranny is the biggest handicap,if we have same tranny between vti r and DC4, i don't think vti r can beat DC4. can anyone else list others. :)

If this is the case
why didnt honda just make a GSi with better tranny?
why did honda came out with the the VTiR instead..
and later developed that into a Type R?

kOncept
22-09-2005, 05:06 PM
you think a vtir can't beat a gsi with the same transmission?

handicap would be the non-vtec motor unless it's heavily modified...

Felix
22-09-2005, 05:06 PM
if we have same tranny between vti r and DC4, i don't think vti r can beat DC4.

LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL

Your soo funny!

VTEC!

Tranny doesnt add 20kw.

Da1nONLY
22-09-2005, 05:08 PM
you think a vtir can't beat a gsi with the same transmission?

handicap would be the non-vtec motor unless it's heavily modified...

:thumbsup:

GreekWarrior
22-09-2005, 05:33 PM
Sorry if this has been answered but just to make sure does the GSi have the same tranny as the VTi-R?

DHOCHKG
22-09-2005, 06:21 PM
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL

Your soo funny!

VTEC!

Tranny doesnt add 20kw.

Ture ture..haha

sydteg21
22-09-2005, 06:30 PM
sorry, my bad, i didn't actually mean that, not same tranny ,i meant similar quality (maybe better one)sorry, BTW i used to beat a vti-r with stock gsi and type R tranny.sorry guys

zco
22-09-2005, 06:34 PM
how bout driver !? or maybe a slipping clutch ? or maybe you have better tyres then them. or maybe they have exhaust problems. ?!

GreekWarrior
22-09-2005, 06:35 PM
What difference does having a type r tranny in a GSi make?

sydteg21
22-09-2005, 07:37 PM
it makes a lot of different, specially with the one which has LSD,shift is shorter,you can get more speed from each gear (first gear is same, difference starts from the 2nd gear, GSI second gear is really weak) due to the higher ratios.

wenshuju
22-09-2005, 09:01 PM
tranny does make the car a whole lot faster, most europeans cars rely on the tranny more than the engine. while jap cars are more engine based.

Felix
22-09-2005, 09:42 PM
Haveing a Type R Transmission in a GSI is not going to make the GSI quicker than a Type R or even a VTiR. And thats that!

If you beat type R's and Vtir's in your GSI, then i'd suggest that the other drivers either - can't drive or they weren't trying to race you, OR they had a car full of fat people.

Felix
22-09-2005, 09:44 PM
What difference does having a type r tranny in a GSi make?

Nothing to overall power, just make the shifts and the take off SLIGHTLY quicker.

sydteg21
22-09-2005, 11:02 PM
if that's the case ,why people bother to pay thousands of dollar to change a type r or B16 tranny ,they can just get a short shifter to achieve the fact you said

Felix
22-09-2005, 11:08 PM
Because the box is stronger and ratios slightly diferent, and because the "feel" is much better.
And if you have killed your GSI box then since you gotta replace it you might as well get a type R box, or if your going to do track work then a stronger gearbox is required (such as in my case). That would be why there is people upgrading to type R boxes, or they might have other mods done that will complement having a type R gear box..
If you think your going to be quicker then a vtir or as quick as a type r, because you have type r tranny, then your wrong.

GreekWarrior
22-09-2005, 11:13 PM
Is it worth putting a type r tranny in a GSi?

dc2dc2dc2
22-09-2005, 11:18 PM
dc4 is teh gay .

Felix
22-09-2005, 11:21 PM
Is it worth putting a type r tranny in a GSi?

If you can justify spending a couple of grand for a slightly stronger and better feeling gearbox. So the answer is probably - No.

mugenman
22-09-2005, 11:33 PM
to all you gsi owners out there you have the lowest of all 90's model tegs. you wont beat a v-tir or type under same sercumstances. e.g drivers ability and cars overall condition. why do you think honda spent all that money developing v-tec. i have a dc2 and dont go saying that i can beat a type R because they probably weren't trying. Stick a turbo on it and get back to us.
(sorry to all those realistic gsi owners i have just offended)

sydteg21
22-09-2005, 11:48 PM
when did i say that i beat a type r? use your brain to think type R has type r tranny and vtec, the one i used has type r tranny with lsd and nearly stock gsi body. HTF can i beat a type r without modifying internal

DC2108
22-09-2005, 11:51 PM
ok so kool

string
22-09-2005, 11:51 PM
I suggest you all download a program call "CarTest".

You will find that slapping a B16/GSR/Type-R gearbox on an LS (B18A/B) motor will give you hardly any performance at all. You will just have to change gears earlier, it will be a pain in the ass.

Close ratio's are good, not short ratios. You will be faster off the line as you will get to the upper rpm range faster, but thats where it ends.

When you start to make serious power, even n/a, in an LS it is just stupid to have a short ratio gearbox, you will get serious traction problems, even with an LSD.

GreekWarrior: Is your car seriously 1146kg? Thats insane. I took my 90 LS to the weighbridge the other day and it weighed in at 1060kg with spare and 15kg of fuel... What the hell is in a DC2/4?

sydteg21
23-09-2005, 12:02 AM
Doesn't matter, i don't really want to argue that. I'm just want to discuss it. If i did offense some vti-r owner, i say sorry here.

bennyBear
23-09-2005, 02:13 AM
Again with the GSi bashing, lol.

WE KNOW WE DONT HAVE FRICKING V-TEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GSi's are what we have and we are dealing with it.

However, there is not a huge difference in quater mile times with the vti-r. Obviously it's a more powerful car, who gives a sh*t. With the engineering advantage of the V-tec engine how could it not be.

Some ppl buy a GSi for a reason i.e. the young ones for insurance problems, power nuts for boosting and for ppl who would never hit 8000rpm because they just want a reliable daily driver.

In my opinion, Honda f**ked up, why go backwards in technology for one series of car?!? If i had known anything about honda's when i bought my car i probably would have gone for a v-tec model, but, sh*t happens, i got a GSi.

So...To all the vti-r owners or type r owners who think we dont know your car can be faster, go for a drive in a car that actually IS considered quick and then think about how important your extra 20 odd kw's are.

**end rant**

warbux
23-09-2005, 12:01 PM
hmm lots of 1996 dc4 owners here..mad!

Felix
23-09-2005, 12:48 PM
Again with the GSi bashing, lol.

WE KNOW WE DONT HAVE FRICKING V-TEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**end rant**

Some people dont realise this, they think with a tranny upgrade that they will be as quick as the vtec models.

FR33K
23-09-2005, 01:22 PM
well dc2s are running mid 15s
and ive seen some dc4s running the same time..
i dont see why it cant be as quick
vtec isnt everything

Felix
23-09-2005, 01:28 PM
I didnt know there was DC2's running mid 15s?
I ran 14.9 with a crappy take off (had a worn clutch) on street tires, with a very large suitcase full of clothes in the boot that i had forgotten to take out.

GSI's doing mid 15's are they stock.?
VTIR's doing mid 15's must be stock and or have crap drivers.

GreekWarrior
23-09-2005, 01:31 PM
GreekWarrior: Is your car seriously 1146kg? Thats insane. I took my 90 LS to the weighbridge the other day and it weighed in at 1060kg with spare and 15kg of fuel... What the hell is in a DC2/4?

That's what the user manual said so I don't.

Anyway I would just like to point out that I'm am just asking about putting a typr r tranny in a GSi , I'm not out to try and "beat" a vti-r or type r. If adding a type r tranny to GSi was enough to "beat" or be as fast as a vti-r/type r then honda would have failed in their original mission which was to create a faster integra.

RyDC5S
23-09-2005, 03:19 PM
I've driven my mates old GSi teg, its not that much slower than the VTi-R models.

mugenman
23-09-2005, 05:20 PM
sorry to all i offended late long day and not the first time i have been told a dc4 can beat a dc2 I didn't spend an extra $5000 to end up with the same car. I was only reacting to a comment made by a previous post. an approx sec in a quater mile for cars is a big difference.

FR33K
23-09-2005, 06:44 PM
I didnt know there was DC2's running mid 15s?
I ran 14.9 with a crappy take off (had a worn clutch) on street tires, with a very large suitcase full of clothes in the boot that i had forgotten to take out.

GSI's doing mid 15's are they stock.?
VTIR's doing mid 15's must be stock and or have crap drivers.

lol ok so your sayin a your vtir is close to even/quicker then a type r !!!
and that time is like .. one in a trillion..
but you cant accept that a gsi can be as quick as a vtir
and yes i know of at least 4 or 5 gsi's running 15.4 - 15.6

DaPlaya
23-09-2005, 06:57 PM
an approx sec in a quater mile for cars is a big difference.
Even 0.5 seconds is a big difference in quarter mile language

jimmeh
23-09-2005, 07:28 PM
guys trannys make a difference when your drag racing. i dont know about power but dragging it does make a diff. i know cos i been in a car with a type R box then they swapped it over to the b16

bennyBear
23-09-2005, 07:33 PM
I give up, lol.

(pulls hair out)

Remembering the whole 'people in glass houses' thing, i wouldn't have thought that any Honda owner (short of s2k/nsx or heavy mods) would be full of themselves, thats one of the reasons i joined this site, to get away from the bagging that comes with owning a relatively slow car!!!!!!!!!

MEH!!!

DaPlaya
23-09-2005, 07:40 PM
u left itr's out :( why?

DaPlaya
23-09-2005, 07:43 PM
btw do any other honda owners find themselves defending honda's till death against criticism from mates? lol i just find it funny how even though i know that type r's won't outrun an s15 on a straight, or sound better than a rexy with an exhaust or have the torque of a 5.7L clubbie, i still claim its better lol!

Felix
23-09-2005, 08:26 PM

What, theres heaps of vtirs doing high 14sec.
I never said that my vtir is quicker then a type R. I know its not.
I'd think that GENERALLY type R's do low to mid 14s, vtirs do high 14s low 15s and GSI's do high 15s.
Stock.

FR33K
23-09-2005, 08:39 PM
you just said that you ran 14.9 in your stock vtir
but your timeslip database says headers exhaust !!
on a private track ?? did u use a stopwatch ??

Felix
23-09-2005, 11:29 PM
you just said that you ran 14.9 in your stock vtir
but your timeslip database says headers exhaust !!
on a private track ?? did u use a stopwatch ??

I didn't say i did it stock. No not a stopwatch. My uncle has a proper drag strip setup on his property. With sensor timers (dont know exactly how acurate it is, he swears by it). He lives about 5hrs drive away though. I did that run last time i was there. Should be going back there at the end of oct. will do another run then.

sydteg21
24-09-2005, 11:33 AM
in mod world ,it is always that you get what you pay for, i don't think people pay over 2000 bucks to get a second hand type R tranny with LSD just for a strongger gear, some people say there is no that much difference between the stock gsi tranny and type r tranny with LSD on a gsi. So just want to ask if you guys have tried in real case or just think that should be like that. i experienced that. i have to say LSD makes huge difference and the car definitely goes fast and rev quicker and higher (with the aftermarket cam will be perfect) shift is shorter, maybe i should try to borrow the car from my friend to do a 1/4 mile, however his car is not stock with tranny anymore,damn.

I did use to beat a vti-r (only one person in the car and a young driver)on a flat road even you guy thinks maybe driver is too fat or crappy or doesn't want race........... i can tell you he wanted to race, after light changed to green ,we both stared pretty quickly cos i know he was riding the cluthch so was i. Ok just assume i can't beat it on a flat road, how about down slope then, same quality driver one is stock vti-r and the other stock gsi with TYPE R tranny with LSD ,which one do you think is quicker.

I really did not mean to offense vti-r ,it is a good honda car for sure, i would get one too if my girlfriend didn't write off our previous car without comprehensive insurance,was her fault. she has shadow in her heart now, she can't drive without a insurance, so we have to get a comprehensive insurance. MY insurance is 3300 dollars for GSI, vtec one i have to pay over 4000 dollars, Just rediculous expensive in sydney, don't really want to pay that much : )
I'm here to discuss the my case, not arguing, i didn't say vti-r is not a good car, how ever somebody said DC4 is teg gay, really disapointed with that person, if 30 or 60 hp different makes you think our car is a gay, how about compare my previous GTR33 with your car, 200hp difference what you expect me to think your car is .
We are here to learn more knowledge, not attack each other, we should respect each other. if i did make some vti-r drivers think that i'm offensing them, i say sorry again .

locote
24-09-2005, 12:01 PM
i think ppl are forgetting here about the torque output of these engines,
and torque is what makes your car move.
B18B2 1834cc DOHC 172Nm@5200 101kw@6300
B18C1 1834cc 81x87.2 DOHC VTEC 173Nm@6200 127kw@7300
the vtir needs the higher ratios to stay in its power band, and i personaly think the gsi doesnt as it makes it power down low,
25kw is alot of difference but what power is the vtir making at 6300?
and how much torque is it making at 5200?
how would a b18b perform if you matched its low 9.2 comp ratio to equal the b18c.

locote
24-09-2005, 12:05 PM
lets not forget itr too
B18C7 1797cc 11.1 81x87.2 DOHC VTEC 178Nm@6300 141kw@7900

FR33K
24-09-2005, 03:20 PM
vtir isnt 1834 ?? its 1797 cc as well

string
24-09-2005, 03:24 PM
Torque doesn't make your car move.

A faster car will be faster because it produces more power over the same ammount of time. A type-r tranny on a GSI will give you a little bit more area under the curve per gear, which will make you faster.

LSD will not make you any faster in a straight unless you have seriously crappy tyres or a rediculous ammount of power.

locote
24-09-2005, 04:05 PM
so what you are saying is that torque is useless??
well lets compare a s15 aus spec to s2000?
147kw to 176kw and 279nm to 208nm.
tell me which car spanks the other in a straight line?

locote
24-09-2005, 04:06 PM
torque is what makes a car move!!!
specialy up a hill.

string
25-09-2005, 12:08 AM
So why don't huge trucks accelerate quickly up hills? They have more torque than you can poke a stick at.

When did I mention that torque was useless. Torque is a parameter of power, and is a null point when it comes down to speed. It is all to do with area under the power curve, torque is irrelevent unless you are talking about torque * rpm, which is power.

You cannot compare two cars based on peak power numbers alone; You also failed to take into account weight, though, you are lucky the two cars are quite similar in weight (albeit S15 is lighter).

Your comparing a turbo engine with a head design where volumetric efficiency drops off at a similar level to the B18. You will hit peak power earlyish and then it will hold as the rpm rises.

Then you are comparing this to a high revving n/a engine, where the typical power curve is a straight line.

What has more area, a rectangle or a triangle which is 20% taller....

Do the maths.

(Obviously my example is rather exaggerated, since it will give 60% more area for the S15, but if you compare the two actual graphs, you will get the idea...)

SLIK_TEG
25-09-2005, 12:45 AM
MAAAAAN get over the bitchiness guys, put it this way, a vtir is a slightly more powerful car than a gsi full stop, given both have no modifications at all to either!!!! CANT argue with that. I own a gsi and have raced vtir tegs with success OK. mayb i was the better driver, maybe i had the better take off, what ever. BUT just dont go thinking that VTEC is a frikn jet engine that could keep up with F1 cars lol. for gods sake its only 20kw at the fly wheel. You get the better take off with a lsd type r tranny and i can guarantee the vtir wil not catch up in a short race from one light to another in a lil drag race(not talking about freeway conditions here!!??) its not like when vtec kicks in, ur tyres keep spinning all the way to fifth gear coz ur so powerful and have 30 psi running within ur setup. get a life!!! Simple is simple vtir slightly more powerful than gsi given all variables are the same.

for e.g. Gsi with a proper exhaust system and a cai will sure b a quicker car in performance than a stock vtir because of quicker acceleration etc etc

GreekWarrior
25-09-2005, 09:25 AM
Go GSi! :D

kousoku
25-09-2005, 11:27 AM
SLIK_TEG,
okay lets be a little more resonable. If you put a dc2r lsd, full cat back system and a cai into both a gsi, and a vtir, the difference would only become greater, IE. dc2 >> then dc4.

Lets not compare a moded car vs a stock car,
either equal mods to both cars, or both stock.
When both cars are stock there is a 20kw difference in power (keep that in mind).
Modded, who knows.

btw, if changing the tranny is all you needed to do i don't see why there's a lack of aftermarket support for the b18b ? (dc4)

Da1nONLY
25-09-2005, 12:03 PM
You get the better take off with a lsd type r tranny and i can guarantee the vtir wil not catch up in a short race from one light to another in a lil drag race(not talking about freeway conditions here!!??) its not like when vtec kicks in, ur tyres keep spinning all the way to fifth gear coz ur so powerful and have 30 psi running within ur setup. get a life!!! Simple is simple vtir slightly more powerful than gsi given all variables are the same.

for e.g. Gsi with a proper exhaust system and a cai will sure b a quicker car in performance than a stock vtir because of quicker acceleration etc etc

LOL!!!
thats hilarious!

ginganggooly
25-09-2005, 12:25 PM
but you cant accept that a gsi can be as quick as a vtir
and yes i know of at least 4 or 5 gsi's running 15.4 - 15.6

must be about two in a trillion now. booget did a 14.9 with a cat back and cai, with a boot full of crap and 17's too- not to mention his totally cactus transmission. :thumbsup:

14.9 is pretty goddamn easy in a vti-r.

string
25-09-2005, 01:01 PM
14.9 is pretty goddamn easy in a vti-r.
Link to the timeslip where you ran a 14.9 easily?

blubber
25-09-2005, 01:12 PM
lol @ DC4 vs DC2 argument... *laughs at how (some) DC2 owners are overly defensive*

Felix
25-09-2005, 01:53 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?&do=vehicledetails&userid=84

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?&do=vehicledetails&userid=99

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?&do=vehicledetails&userid=4597

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?&do=vehicledetails&userid=905

And this ones the slowest recorded Integra Vtir @ 15.257
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?&do=vehicledetails&userid=530

sydteg21
25-09-2005, 02:56 PM
but the whole point in this thread is to compare a stock vti-r with a stock gsi type r tranny with LSD. gsi has a better tranny and doesn't have vtec, i admit stock vti-r is faster than gsi. And who said there is a lack of aftermarket support b18b? never feel that way. FELIX all the vti-rs you got are modified (not stock).And i know some stock gsi did 15.4, and type r tranny with lsd will definitely give a better launch ,rev and shorter shifter ,so .....

ginganggooly
25-09-2005, 03:04 PM
Link to the timeslip where you ran a 14.9 easily?

I was talking about booget...

The slowest i've run is a 14.8, but i'm a little less stock than booget. Look at the timeslip database if you want more details.

Felix
25-09-2005, 04:54 PM
I know, i was just providing the link that string asked for.

locote
25-09-2005, 05:14 PM
i see no slips??
i ran 15.6 in stock gsi and i have a slip to prove it.
even if i ran a 14.8 or .9 still not really a time that you would use to bag a car running .7 of a second slower.

locote
25-09-2005, 05:19 PM
the slowest 1 is the only 1 with the slip?
i done a 12sec run on a gtech last night i might post that up!

Felix
25-09-2005, 06:27 PM
As stated, mine was done on a private track, allthough the track contained all the nessessary gear to get an accurate time there was no print out.
I live around 3hrs drive from a drag track. so its not easy for me to get an official one done.

Felix
25-09-2005, 06:29 PM
i see no slips??
even if i ran a 14.8 or .9 still not really a time that you would use to bag a car running .7 of a second slower.

.7 of a second is alot when traveling at around 145+km per hour...

ginganggooly
25-09-2005, 06:53 PM
i see no slips??

is that directed at me?

if so- i've not bagged anyone here yet, i couldn't be arsed scanning and posting my timeslip. do you not believe me?

sydteg21
25-09-2005, 07:34 PM
HI locote, you did pretty well, just wondering when you shift your gear, i normally change it around 4000(sometimes 6000 just being a idiot) : ) with mine,the one with type r tranny i shft around 5000

FR33K
25-09-2005, 07:41 PM
HI locote, you did pretty well, just wondering when you shift your gear, i normally change it around 4000(sometimes 6000 just being a idiot) : ) with mine,the one with type r tranny i shft around 5000

if thats when your shifting then your not even reaching peak power...

locote
25-09-2005, 07:44 PM
a crap launch can make you more than a second slower!
and you wouldnt even know it till u see ur slip!!!
and i dont care if you guys can run high 14s in your cars, 14s is f all,
and y should you guys get so defensive over the vtir being half a second quiker?
you paid more for your car, it was more expensive when it came out, thats obvious for a reason, the motor is different, it has more power so therefore it has to be quiker than a gsi.
if some 1 chose a gsi over a vtir why should you go and bag them and say that their car is half a second slower than your's over 400m, you paid the extra 1000s for that half a second and you shouldnt have to bag the ppl who didnt because they simply didnt think half a second was worth it.

locote
25-09-2005, 07:46 PM
just before 7k mate,
but now i shift at 6500 not worth redlineing it

locote
25-09-2005, 07:49 PM
mind you last time i went i only ran constant 15.8s
but i changed my exhaust to 2.5'
and its way to big for a b18b so all my torque is gone.
but im turboing soon so ill be saying hello to 13s :)

locote
25-09-2005, 07:50 PM
i peak at 6200 at the moment

sydteg21
25-09-2005, 07:51 PM
And also i like to point out another major handicap for DC4,that is the camshaft. B18B has a really strong block,it is a really potential engine ,however the cams limit the potential a lot. I'm going for the all-motor since a lot of people think DC4 is slow and personally don't like turbo and supercharge is too expensive in australia. i'm currently changing suspension, camshaft will be my next step with IM and TB with a ECU, one of my friends in US owns a integra LS faster than a type r ,188whp i think it is pretty cool : )

sydteg21
25-09-2005, 07:59 PM
cool, i never run 1/4 mile, just run for the lights ,don't want to go too crazy, as i mentioned before type r tranny one is my friend's, didn't really want to redline it or somewhere up 6000, i think i changed aroud 5500 to 5800 when i was racing the vti-r ,could not really remeber .

ginganggooly
25-09-2005, 08:36 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=500/84timeslips.JPG

In case it looked like i was arse-blowing :o

fly_vti
25-09-2005, 08:41 PM
how much would it cost anways? changing the tranny from vtir to type r? inclusing lsd

locote
25-09-2005, 08:41 PM
you dont need to prove your self to any one.
i never daughted that you could run those times.
but some ppl think that using a gtech or a stop watch is same and going to the real track. and its not.

locote
25-09-2005, 08:44 PM
probarbly worth it if you killed your transmition, but not as an upgrade value for money just wouldnt be there i think.
i rather go out and buy a after market lsd which is what im goin to do.
im looking at KAAZ atm 2000 installed and a lot better than a ITR lsd

fly_vti
25-09-2005, 08:50 PM
Guys Suck On This Shit My Gsi Done 14.3 Qtr Mile. People Who Know Me And Some People On This Forum Inclusing Fai Jai Know This. i had a gsr engine though. us version of vtir.

my mate had a vtir engine in his eg civic done 14.4! just exhaust mods.

but yes, gsi is a strong car! for a normal 1.8l

locote
25-09-2005, 08:54 PM
sweet :thumbsup:

GreekWarrior
25-09-2005, 09:12 PM
Guys Suck On This Shit My Gsi Done 14.3 Qtr Mile. People Who Know Me And Some People On This Forum Inclusing Fai Jai Know This. i had a gsr engine though. us version of vtir.

my mate had a vtir engine in his eg civic done 14.4! just exhaust mods.

but yes, gsi is a strong car! for a normal 1.8l

Bo yeah! :honda: :D

Felix
25-09-2005, 10:23 PM
and i dont care if you guys can run high 14s in your cars, 14s is f all,
and y should you guys get so defensive over the vtir being half a second quiker?
you paid more for your car, it was more expensive when it came out, thats obvious for a reason, the motor is different, it has more power so therefore it has to be quiker than a gsi.
if some 1 chose a gsi over a vtir why should you go and bag them and say that their car is half a second slower than your's over 400m,

Exactly.

But i dont see anyone bagging anyone else here?

faijai
25-09-2005, 10:58 PM
lolz @ gsi owners getting shitty!!!

Q_ball
25-09-2005, 10:59 PM
i have dc4t

bennyBear
25-09-2005, 11:13 PM
haha,

It's about time you popped up in here Q!!!!

how's the car running?

locote
26-09-2005, 12:40 AM
thread 18 and 20 i consider to be bagging:).
it kool but.
every one who chose a vtir or a gsi had their reason for buying that vehicle, i saw more potential in the gsi, thats my personal choice.
others might not think so but when you consider the price of a gsi as opposed to a vtir and insurance, and the price of a turbo kit well makes you think. dollar for power ratio, boost is ahead by miles, and theres a few car on this forum to prove it to

ginganggooly
26-09-2005, 08:18 AM
thread 18 and 20 i consider to be bagging:).
it kool but.
every one who chose a vtir or a gsi had their reason for buying that vehicle, i saw more potential in the gsi, thats my personal choice.
others might not think so but when you consider the price of a gsi as opposed to a vtir and insurance, and the price of a turbo kit well makes you think. dollar for power ratio, boost is ahead by miles, and theres a few car on this forum to prove it to

heh, i missed those two pearlers. ;)

i know the frustration though, since in the past, i've had a few people telling me that i wasted money on the vti-r, to sell it and buy an R.
if i had the money at the beginning i would have bought a type-r, so the last thing i wanted to hear was people telling me i should have gone out and bought one at day dot...

i used to console myself by thinking to myself that the vti-r represented a better platform for going crazy with since the price difference between the two cars was about 10k at the time- and 10k buys a shitload of mods ;)

locote
26-09-2005, 10:09 AM
but most gsi owners probarbly dont regret buying a gsi and they are quite happy with it. if i wanted a quik vtec a eg civic B18c would be my choice.
but i think the integra looks awsome and your average Joe cant tel the difference between a gsi and vtir from just looking at it specialy if athe badges have been rubbed off.
i baught a gsi to boost if i wanted to go N/A i would have baught a typeR!!
personaly it doesnt bother me people with slightly quiker cars telling me my car is slow.
i used to play with moded typeRs and s2000 like toys with my last car.
and i sold that to build a quiker car.

sydteg21
26-09-2005, 10:38 AM
just found this post

Bought this used 1 year ago. Came stock. It's a very fun car and unique colour (Its stock)

2001 Integra SE
b18b 120 000km
AEM v2 cai
DC Sport 4-1 Header
DC Sport stainless catback exaust
AEM power Pulleys
ES motor mount inserts

VIS OEM CF hood
Type R lip
Moldings painted to match
OBX R coil over sleeves with Tokico illuminas struts
BSA 303 16" Black rims with polished lip
Removed rear wiper

Ran 14.8@89mph this year on drag radials
Ran 14.9@92 mph last year on street tires

dynoed at 130.1 whp and 116 trq

sydteg21
26-09-2005, 10:40 AM
i'm going to contact him, see if he can give me a timeslip or something

locote
26-09-2005, 11:17 AM
dc header is quite cheap too. 545aus$ delivered to your door

Felix
26-09-2005, 01:51 PM
Didn't this thread start by asking about a type R tranny in a GSI? And the improvements that would make to a GSI?

Felix
26-09-2005, 01:52 PM
(Its stock)

Well its obviously NOT stock.. The mods are listed.

GreekWarrior
26-09-2005, 05:28 PM
I could of gotten a VTi-R but the insurance and price was more than a GSi so I thought to myself is it really worth paying the extra money for the car and insurance just for and extra 18kw? So I bought a GSi.

Felix
26-09-2005, 05:33 PM
I could of gotten a VTi-R but the insurance and price was more than a GSi so I thought to myself is it really worth paying the extra money for the car and insurance just for and extra 18kw? So I bought a GSi.

Fair enough.
Insurance for me though is only around $150 diference between Vtir insurance and GSI insurance.

bennyBear
27-09-2005, 12:15 AM
I wouldn't say that purely the power difference between GSi and a vti-r is a reason, i think the design and the engineering of the vti-r's engine (b18c2?!?) is much more desirable.

I simply could not afford the extra cash when i bought my car and had relatively no experience/knowledge of honda's in general, it seemed like a good price, call it an impulse. My GSi has been a reliable car, and i'm not afraid to let my girlfriend take it when she wants to because it's not a dangerous car as far as power and reliability are concerned.

The only nark i have is the price of honda support in general, servicing and parts etc. This is made obvious when im chatting to friends who own skylines, evo's etc and see the bang for buck factor their rides provide.

At the end of the day, i feel that honda enthusiasts need to stick together because there is a lot of undue critisism that comes with owning a car that looks, and is considered in some cases as a sports car, but doesn't quite have the performance to mach the label.

Every car has it's own attributes, and it's own faults. Consider what the honda engineers/designers had in mind when they produced these models. I don't know about other people on this site but i find myself constantly defending my decision to buy/drive a honda, and being critisised for driving a 'rice mobile'. The car i drive is not fast and doesn't look like something from the fast and furious, BUT ITS MINE!

You make do with what you have.

**end rant, wipes eyes**

sydteg21
27-09-2005, 01:44 AM
the point of that post is to show B18b can get around to the time which vti-r is able to with just basic mod, it is bit hard to find a stock gsi with type r tanny : )

GreekWarrior
27-09-2005, 05:12 PM
Fair enough.
Insurance for me though is only around $150 diference between Vtir insurance and GSI insurance.

Only $150 difference? lol It's about $400-500 difference for me. :D

Since my GSi is my first car, power doesn't really bother me. I'm gona use my GSi to drive around for a while and do a couple of mods to it until I save up some more money and my insurance rating gets better an then I'll buy a better car. :thumbsup: :)

locote
27-09-2005, 07:24 PM
insurance on a vtir was more for me than my S15!!!
i was paying 1260 a year for my S15 and the same company wanted 1500 for a vtec integra!!!
my gsi only cost me 400 a year!!
and when its turbo its only gona be an extra 30 buks a year.
so the choice was obvious for me
vtir would cost me and extra 4gs for an equivelent in condition car as my gsi prob more as my gsi was a bargain price.
rather put the 4gs into my boost account.

Felix
27-09-2005, 11:28 PM
I pay around $1300 a year for my vtir through Just Car Insurance. I got a quote on the same year GSI and it was $1150. I also got a quote for GSI turbo and it was around the $2200 mark (not sure exactly). I got these quotes cause this was what i was decideing between before buying my Vtir.
I bourght my 98 vtir for $16 000 (in perfect condition, no mods, and 70 000kms), all the late 1990's GSI's that i looked at had around 90 000kms - 130 000kms and were asking between $15000 and $19 000. So i figured i might aswell get this vtir, its around the same price as a GSI.

blubber
28-09-2005, 11:12 AM
Yeah I paid the same price for my 98 gsi!! --90,000K

GreekWarrior
28-09-2005, 02:35 PM
I pay around $1300 a year for my vtir through Just Car Insurance. I got a quote on the same year GSI and it was $1150. I also got a quote for GSI turbo and it was around the $2200 mark (not sure exactly). I got these quotes cause this was what i was decideing between before buying my Vtir.
I bourght my 98 vtir for $16 000 (in perfect condition, no mods, and 70 000kms), all the late 1990's GSI's that i looked at had around 90 000kms - 130 000kms and were asking between $15000 and $19 000. So i figured i might aswell get this vtir, its around the same price as a GSI.

Ah I see. :)

locote
28-09-2005, 07:24 PM
i paid 11 for my 96.
$600 for insurance.
bout 30dollar increase a year for goin turbo

Felix
28-09-2005, 08:30 PM
GreekWarrior's car:
DC2 Integra GSi
Engine: B18B2 1.8L DOHC
Power: 107kW @ 6300RPM
Torque: 172Nm @ 5200RPM
Weight: 1146kg

Greekwarrior. If its a GSI its a DC4 not DC2.

GreekWarrior
28-09-2005, 09:27 PM
Greekwarrior. If its a GSI its a DC4 not DC2.

Oh.....well I got the stats from this site lol.

Stats (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6)

locote
28-09-2005, 09:32 PM
just look under ur bonnet at the badge

kousoku
28-09-2005, 10:25 PM
Oh.....well I got the stats from this site lol.

Stats (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6)

stats updated =D

stop being narcs.

GreekWarrior
28-09-2005, 10:59 PM
Yeah I saw the DC4 on the badge under the bonnet. :p

locote
30-09-2005, 10:19 PM
Final drive for gsi is 4.2:1, vtir and itr is 4.4:1 and the individual gears are higher too.

Savant
02-10-2005, 11:07 PM
Back on topic for a change....

Has anyone ever done the conversion? Has anyone done a SIMILAR conversion? Has anyone ever tested two cars where, all else being equal, one had LSD, the other did not?

Please, i'd really like to know because i'm sick of internet mechanics and people saying they can do a time in a stock car that is impossible!

The guy asked a question and he got laughed at. One guy wrote a response and the next 10 were exactly the same, how about contributing something worthwhile for a change!

Listen to what "String" had to say, he seems to know what he is talking about. Year 12 physics doesn't mean you know all the science behind a car, there is much more to learn and "String" seems to have done the research

locote
02-10-2005, 11:21 PM
Final drive for gsi is 4.2:1, vtir and itr is 4.4:1 and the individual gears are higher too.

final drive is different, ill try and find the gear ratios and post them to answer his question as far as the two cars having a race with same gear box and both being stock i dont know. but the vtir has a beter power to weight ratio.
but gsi wins in torque to weight ratio

Felix
03-10-2005, 12:03 AM
also vtir has better suspension, so vtir has the extra edge on the cornering too. Well it feels like it with the gsi's and vtirs i've driven.

locote
03-10-2005, 08:19 AM
thats if you bought a car with stock suspension which i didnt, i still hate the handling so im goin coil overs.

Felix
03-10-2005, 10:03 AM
yeah but we were talking about stock vtir vs stock gsi ONLY diference being LSD.

Locote - You got ya turbo yet. About 3 months ago you said you would have it on in 3months. Will it be a never ending "i'm gonna". lol ----- Sorry to go off topic.

sydteg21
03-10-2005, 10:11 AM
just got back from travelling, there is one question here, how much will it exactly cost to put set a turbo, i have seen different price around, one is 4500-5000,one is 8000.BTW I'm in sydney

locote
03-10-2005, 11:58 AM
depends on the set up
a cheap setup might only cost ya 2000 doesnt mean its last 1000ks

locote
03-10-2005, 12:01 PM
and my kit is in my garage.
400hp garret t28R, along with my crower cam kit, 6kg flywheel, looking at buying a KAAZ lsd, HD organic clutch.
i wanna get it all put in at once dont wanna take my car backwards and forwards from workshop.
wont b goin in soon cause my license has been suspended.
i dont drive the car.

Felix
04-10-2005, 08:04 PM
and my kit is in my garage.
400hp garret t28R, along with my crower cam kit, 6kg flywheel, looking at buying a KAAZ lsd, HD organic clutch.
i wanna get it all put in at once dont wanna take my car backwards and forwards from workshop.
wont b goin in soon cause my license has been suspended.
i dont drive the car.

Fair enough...
good luck.

sydteg21
05-10-2005, 05:27 PM
oh That's why you are selling your 403's ,hehe you got 402t,good luck man. my exhaust is 2.36",i'm regretting now : ( , should have got at least 2.5" then i can just put on a turbo when i feel like it without concerning the size of pipe. Just wondering anyone knows anybody set a t28 with 2.25"-2.36" pipe?

locote
05-10-2005, 06:41 PM
the 403s would still be better for FI than stock cams any way so im getting them installed next week ill get it tuned up with the safc2, take it to drags c what i can pull,
then the next time i go itll have twice the power