PDA

View Full Version : need camber kit for eibach sportlines???

_FeRiO_
22-09-2005, 05:04 PM
sup guys.
i am considering getting some eibach sportlines for my DC2 but i dont want to fork out extra cash for a camber kit. Has anyone had any experience with the sportlines or know that if a camber kit is needed or not.
thanks!!

Zdster
22-09-2005, 05:49 PM
Camber kits are an interesting idea. I have undertaken a fair amount of research (on the different types and styles of kits available) and have come to the conclusion that I would rather live without one.

Check the thread that I posted in this part of the forum and read some of the other discussions on Honda-Tech about camber kits (there are a number of really useful threads with titles such as 'do I need a camber kit' etc that are an interesting read).

In relation to the actual springs I have not had personal experience with them so cant really comment on if a kit will be needed.

_FeRiO_
22-09-2005, 10:58 PM
thanks for that Zdster. i will try seaching some more. In the mean time, anyone else here can answer my question??

00' coupe
23-09-2005, 03:22 AM
not sure if you need a camber kit... but im pretty sure HondaR JDM Concept sells camber kits if you do decide you need them

good luck

wynode
23-09-2005, 11:11 PM
It depends how much you are lowering your car. Also start with a basic wheel aligment, get your camber angles and take it from there.

You can do a simple DIY camber kit for the rear of the EG by using washers and slightly longer bolts.

As for camber kits being a waste of $$$.......it depends how much you lower it.......and if you lower it enough and don't get a camber kit, expect to fork out for tyres quite often :)

_FeRiO_
24-09-2005, 01:43 PM
well the Eibach Sportlines have a drop of 1.7" front and rear. Is this drop enough to put my camber angles out?

bennjamin
24-09-2005, 02:35 PM
well the Eibach Sportlines have a drop of 1.7" front and rear. Is this drop enough to put my camber angles out?

if "out" = excessive then NO. a 1.7 drop shouldnt need a camber kit to change the static camber.

2 inches and more IMO would put more wear on the inside edge of the front and rear tyres tho.

_FeRiO_
24-09-2005, 03:14 PM
thanks man!! ill take it that i dont need a camber kit.

wynode
24-09-2005, 06:35 PM
thanks man!! ill take it that i dont need a camber kit.
Like I said, get a wheel alignment and THEN someone can tell you if you need an alignment or not!

Zdster
24-09-2005, 06:40 PM
I agree. A wheel alignment is a good start.

_FeRiO_
27-09-2005, 12:18 AM
As i have said from the start, i am only considering getting the Sportlines, and just wanted to know whether people will think i will end up needing a camber kit, as small height drops dont generally put the camber angle in danger of chewing out tyres. Im asking this coz i dont have that extra cash in paying for a camber kit and therefore may look into buying some other spring.
Thanks for the info anyways guys :)